Illegal Aliens get "state rates' in california schools

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
I don't think it's the big businesses taking advantage of the illegal immigrants. Businesses (mostly the bigger corporations) have to go through paper work to verify the legal status of everyone they hire. Smaller businesses, contractors, folks who hire 1099 type employees and folks who hire day laborers and "under the table" employees, tend to be small businesses.

Also, there is a big market for fake papers and stolen social security numbers to make people appear to be legal. If we are waiting on the private sector and businesses to enforce immigration law, we'll NEVER get any where.

We need to enforce immigration laws at the point of entry...the border. This is a Federal gov't issue. When we find undocumented/illegal immigrants living here, be they the adult offenders or their family, we need to follow the law and deport them.

Whether or not the children of illegal immigrants think they are Americans or not, or whether they've "earned" the grades to go to college here or not is irrelevant. Illegal immigrants and their families are NOT legally entitled to the same things as LEGAL citizens or LEGAL immigrants.

It's not fair to American citizens to force them to pay for benefits to non-citizens. California voters passed PROP 182 several years ago, by a wide margin. The California Supreme court overruled the vote of the people and illegal immigration continues...in spite of the employment verification laws passed since then.

Stop the madness. Secure the border. Stop rewarding law breakers.

TeleDog

Pain in the Rear!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
And if you can't afford to get here the right way...that sucks, but sorry.

When it's about a choice, then sorry, nobody has a right to go break the law because it's "more convenient".

But a lot of those people came here because it was that or watching their kids starve to death. That's the kind of situation I'm talking about, a case by case application of a humanitarian waiver.

Blackie

Banned
Reaction score
OK OK.......we can just round them all up and put them in camps while we build the gas chambers and ovens...........that what you want right ?........and hey once they are gone we can move on to other folks......like those on welfare.......etc etc.

Then we can decide who is a real american and who is not.........then..........

TeleDog

Pain in the Rear!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's the big businesses taking advantage of the illegal immigrants. Businesses (mostly the bigger corporations) have to go through paper work to verify the legal status of everyone they hire. Smaller businesses, contractors, folks who hire 1099 type employees and folks who hire day laborers and "under the table" employees, tend to be small businesses.

Also, there is a big market for fake papers and stolen social security numbers to make people appear to be legal. If we are waiting on the private sector and businesses to enforce immigration law, we'll NEVER get any where.

We need to enforce immigration laws at the point of entry...the border. This is a Federal gov't issue. When we find undocumented/illegal immigrants living here, be they the adult offenders or their family, we need to follow the law and deport them.

Whether or not the children of illegal immigrants think they are Americans or not, or whether they've "earned" the grades to go to college here or not is irrelevant. Illegal immigrants and their families are NOT legally entitled to the same things as LEGAL citizens or LEGAL immigrants.

It's not fair to American citizens to force them to pay for benefits to non-citizens. California voters passed PROP 182 several years ago, by a wide margin. The California Supreme court overruled the vote of the people and illegal immigration continues...in spite of the employment verification laws passed since then.

Stop the madness. Secure the border. Stop rewarding law breakers.

What you're forgetting is that most of those "illegals" also pay taxes, specially when it comes to funding schools. Don't believe it? Just look where school funding comes from. When it comes to taxes, citizens and illegals are treated the VERY SAME WAY minus some deductions that are not available to illegals.

And if you don't wanna reward "law breakers" write to IRS who granted two special amnesties just this year to corporations and individuals with substantial bank accounts in Switzerland. But that somehow never comes up.

kmk108

Reaction score
When it's about a choice, then sorry, nobody has a right to go break the law because it's "more convenient".

But a lot of those people came here because it was that or watching their kids starve to death. That's the kind of situation I'm talking about, a case by case application of a humanitarian waiver.

I hate to see that happen, but just because they are living in poor conditions doesn't mean it's our duty to help them. You may feel that way, and you have my entire blessing to help them out. If I had a shit-load of money, I'd personally help them out myself. I'm still not going to give them my blessing to come over illegally.

kmk108

Reaction score
OK OK.......we can just round them all up and put them in camps while we build the gas chambers and ovens...........that what you want right ?........and hey once they are gone we can move on to other folks......like those on welfare.......etc etc.

No...that's not what I'm talking about at all. :rolleyes:

zplapplap

Reaction score
Being here illegally IS a criminal act. Even though some don't want to accept that.

More accurately, it would be a statutory violation. Define the "act" for me if indeed you think that a minor child living with their illegal parents is a criminal act.

Before this gets away, I don't want to be ascribed a position I haven't taken with regard to illegal immigration.

MATTM

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

:rolleyes:

H.E.L.Shane

Reaction score
kmk, you posts completely fail to differentiate between the actions of illegals the innocent conduct of their children.

Oh geeze.. here we go with the "innocent children" crap...

Same rule applies, just a smaller slingshot.

The children are the responsibility of the parent, if the PARENT brought his child with him illegaly to this county, then the child should go with him legally back to his county of origin. I shouldn't be paying to educated that child because his parents comitted a CRIME by sneaking into this country...

TeleDog

Pain in the Rear!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

You have no idea how much of that almost became a reality back in 2006.

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
What you're forgetting is that most of those "illegals" also pay taxes, specially when it comes to funding schools. Don't believe it? Just look where school funding comes from. When it comes to taxes, citizens and illegals are treated the VERY SAME WAY minus some deductions that are not available to illegals.

They don't pay state income taxes, federal income taxes and many other taxes. They do pay sales taxes (everyone that buys anything does)...How about property taxes? How many of the illegals pay property taxes? How many own property? When they are paid "under the table" they aren't contributing to the unemployment insurance fund, Social Security or Medicare/Medicaid. They aren't paying ANYWHERE near the level of taxes that legal citizens are required to pay.

In Texas, school funding comes from Property taxes. Where does the funding come from in California?

H.E.L.Shane

Reaction score

Do you read the gospel according to Pelosi every night before bed?

TeleDog

Pain in the Rear!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
More accurately, it would be a statutory violation. Define the "act" for me if indeed you think that a minor child living with their illegal parents is a criminal act.

Before this gets away, I don't want to be ascribed a position I haven't taken with regard to illegal immigration.

It's not a violation of Title 18 and you know it. :thumb: "illegal entry" is the crime.

KSG_Standard

Reaction score

Sending illegal immigrants back to their home country instead of offering them all the benefits of US Citizenship is equal to putting them in concentration camps and ovens? :wow: Now that's just weird.:cool:

zplapplap

Reaction score
To make this clearer though, this is for Public school, not colleges. KMK said something earlier above, which is different to school education.

I don't know about CA and their different laws, but most colleges require proof of legal residency (whether visa, GC etc) before being accepted.

I think you might be taking my post out of context. I was providing an example to answer this question:

I still don't get how an ILLEGAL immigrant can (legally) get a LEGAL US document... :hmm:

There was no intent on my part to apply the reasoning of that argument to higher education.

TeleDog

Pain in the Rear!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
They don't pay state income taxes, federal income taxes and many other taxes. They do pay sales taxes (everyone that buys anything does)...How about property taxes? How many of the illegals pay property taxes? How many own property? When they are paid "under the table" they aren't contributing to the unemployment insurance fund, Social Security or Medicare/Medicaid. They aren't paying ANYWHERE near the level of taxes that legal citizens are required to pay.

In Texas, school funding comes from Property taxes. Where does the funding come from in California?

Friend, you pay property taxes no matter what you do or where you live. If you rent, they're reflected in the rent. And if they don't pay income tax, it's because they can't or because they're some fishy thing going on. If there's some unwillingness to pay tax, then the person is subject to sanction, but the same applies to anybody else, legal or otherwise.

Just don't go place everybody in the same bag. IRC affords certain protections against disclosure precisely because of this fact, they DO pay taxes.

kmk108

Reaction score
Don't take my post out of context. I was providing an example to answer this question:

There was no intent on my part to apply the reasoning of that argument to higher education.

Geez man...just come out on your feeling about illegal immigration...It'd make everything so much easier :laugh2:

Latest Threads