Illegal Aliens get "state rates' in california schools

zplapplap

Reaction score
I still don't get how an ILLEGAL immigrant can (legally) get a LEGAL US document... :hmm:

Here's one way.

The U.S. Supreme Court, almost three decades ago, ruled that public schools could NOT exclude a kid based on their lack of documents. Plyler v. Doe, 457 U.S. 202 (1982). This means, in absolute terms, until a future court reverses :)laugh2:), that the illegal immigrant kid anywhere in the U.S. has a RIGHT to attend public school and is ENTITLED to a diploma (a legal US document) upon completion of their course of study.

Reaction score
All the problems we face in the United States today can be traced to an unenlightened immigration policy on the part of the American Indian.

- Mr. P P

djwilbanks

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The disease is it PAYS to be an illegal immigrant. To cure the disease, we have to create an environment where there is not payoff for them, nor those who hire them. And giving them state residency status is ONE payoff for them.

I do not disagree.

Ermghoti

Reaction score
I can't follow this thread. There are not enough words in allcaps.

dave294

Reaction score
so if your parents drag you here when you are a child/baby, you dont deserve to go to public school?
unfortunately for you, this is america, where no child is denied an education.

i understand why many people are anti immigration. a lot of the immigrants that come are poor people who cost the government money. it sucks, cus if i were a poor mexican i would cross the desert to give my kids a better future; but i cant argue with you there, it does cost the government a lot of money and a lot of them do just want to live off the government, or go back to their country eventually

but someone that was brought here as a child who is just as american as you and WANTS to go to college and become a productive member of society, obey the law and pay taxes deserves the chance to go to college.

djwilbanks

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
so if your parents drag you here when you are a child/baby, you dont deserve to go to public school?
unfortunately for you, this is america, where no child is denied an education.

i understand why many people are anti immigration. a lot of the immigrants that come are poor people who cost the government money. it sucks, cus if i were a poor mexican i would cross the desert to give my kids a better future; but i cant argue with you there, it does cost the government a lot of money and a lot of them do just want to live off the government, or go back to their country eventually

but someone that was brought here as a child who is just as american as you and WANTS to go to college and become a productive member of society, obey the law and pay taxes deserves the chance to go to college.

I don't think anyone in this thread is anti-immigration. They're anti-illegal immigration.

At the end of the day it doesn't cost the government money, the government doesn't (or at least shouldn't) have its own money. It has our, the American taxpayer's, money. And it costs us.

There's a lot of things the government pays for with my tax dollars that I do not agree with. But that's the nature of our government. It can't do everything everyone wants.

kmk108

Reaction score

No, they're not just as American as I am. I was born in the country and am here legally. I am an American. They were brought here illegally by their parents and are not citizens. They aren't Americans at all.

zplapplap

Reaction score
Protest held in San Francisco over UC Regents meeting, 13 arrested | abc7news.com

California is bankrupt already. They aren't able to afford the university system and enrollment they have now. How will expanding the system by enrolling more lower paying/in-state tuition students who may or may not contribute to the tax base help the situation?

Where did you get the idea that there would any net change in enrollment or expenditures due to this California Supreme Court decision? The decision simply upheld what the state was already doing.

dave294

Reaction score
I don't think anyone in this thread is anti-immigration. They're anti-illegal immigration.

At the end of the day it doesn't cost the government money, the government doesn't (or at least shouldn't) have its own money. It has our, the American taxpayer's, money. And it costs us.

There's a lot of things the government pays for with my tax dollars that I do not agree with. But that's the nature of our government. It can't do everything everyone wants.

yea i get what your saying. i just think its sad that if it was pretty canadian blondes crossing over i dont think op would be complaining...it has a lot to do with race.
i also think its sad how people are so intolerant, when in the same position they would break the law to give their families a better future.

again, i do understand, as nice as it would be for a lot of poor people, they cant just let everyone in. and yes, if you came here illegaly, be expected to not have the same rights as everyone.

how about instead of giving sh*t to people who came here for a better future, you hunt down all the corporations that hire them, and give sh*t to them.

but instead for some reason, op is bitching that illegal immigrants get to pay regular rates to go to college?....people who came here as kids, and are just as american as op himself....they dont deserve an opportunity for a better future, because they werent born here?

dave294

Reaction score
No, they're not just as American as I am. I was born in the country and am here legally. I am an American. They were brought here illegally by their parents and are not citizens. They aren't Americans at all.

so if you grow up in america, you speak english(with american accent), all your friends are in america, your home is america, america is the only place you've ever known, you love this country....
your not american?

Reaction score
so if you grow up in america, you speak english(with american accent), all your friends are in america, your home is america, america is the only place you've ever known, you love this country....
your not american?

If I make myself a beast, am I a human?

No.

kmk108

Reaction score
your not american?

LEGALLY, no. You are not officially an American. That's what my whole issue with immigration is about. The legality of it. I'm friends with legal immigrants.

I get what you're talking about in regards to opportunity and wanting them to be able to get a better life. I'd be more than happy to allow them that, if they go through the proper channels to become a citizen or get the appropriate visa. I don't appreciate them here illegally and taking advantage of our country's resources and lax enforcement of immigration law.

TeleDog

Pain in the Rear!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The disease is it PAYS to be an illegal immigrant. To cure the disease, we have to create an environment where there is not payoff for them, nor those who hire them. And giving them state residency status is ONE payoff for them.

You should shut the hell up. There's plenty of people here who do WORSE and get away with it. It's a child you're talking about here, get a grip and look in the mirror before you open that big mouth.

You want second chances, but you're so quick to bash a KID who DID NOTHING WRONG!

Evil Twin

Reaction score
Justice is blind...unless you're an illegal immigrant. Then, the laws don't apply to you.

Blackie

Banned
Reaction score
It is our past time to beat up on those that are defenseless......pfft...as if we are not all
mostly immigrant contrived to these parts.

Stop it..........stop taking the bait of the xenophobic politicians that shirk their real duty
to address the actual problem of the big business that invites these workers with open arms that they can treat like garbage.

The people taking you're resources are not so much the illeagal folks as it is the businesses
that have fought tooth and nail any actual consequences of their duplicitous practices.

Stop it......stop letting them get away with it. They are 99% to blame for our failure to
correct this ongoing problem.

Stop it..........stop demonizing these folks just trying to make it day to day.

kmk108

Reaction score
Please, someone explain to me why it's ok for them to be here illegally, just because they want a better life? Sad to say, but America can't provide everyone in the world with a better life. We don't have the resources to "take care" of legal citizens. Why put the burden to provide non-Americans with a better life. Worry about ourselves first. It has nothing to do with Xenophobia. it has nothing to do with racism. These people are coming here and taking advantage of Americans. Businesses are also taking advantage of everyone else. The sad thing is that I don't think it's going to change. The big businesses have Congress in their pocket, and to them, wealth speaks louder than the law.

kmk108

Reaction score
You should shut the hell up. There's plenty of people here who do WORSE and get away with it. It's a child you're talking about here, get a grip and look in the mirror before you open that big mouth.

You want second chances, but you're so quick to bash a KID who DID NOTHING WRONG!

Technically they did. If they're here illegally, they're breaking the law. :cool:

TeleDog

Pain in the Rear!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
your not american?

Oh but don't you know how it works?

There's a reason for claims like that... don't you waste time trying to debate anything, you won't get far... :hmm:

TeleDog

Pain in the Rear!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Technically they did. If they're here illegally, they're breaking the law. :cool:

Technically they didn't, like a person who is in the same car when the driver decides to run a stop sign or get away from the cops or something. :thumb:

If you want to charge, charge the parents, but you don't take it out on the kids for something they had no say over. If that was the case, it'd be alright to incarcerate the child of a person wanted for murder just because it'll work to pressure the perpetrator to surrender himself to the police. This is stuff they do in third world countries, not here.

Latest Threads