Illegal Aliens could boost U.S. military ranks

bildozr

Florida Man
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I think if you serve you can stay.

HOWEVER, they need to be able to speak English fluently, or there's going to be a severe amount of problems.

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
Welcome to the DREAM Act Portal | DREAM Act Portal

I say bring it up as a separate bill and allow full debate and amendments. I would hope that some amendment would remove the college degree portion of the act as a means to gain citizenship. It's a bipartisan bill written by Oren Hatch(r) and DICK Durbin(d). I hope that it doesn't come up for a vote before the elections because Dirty Harry Reid wants to use the bill to buy Hispanic votes.

I'm all for letting the children of illegal immigrants gain a path to legal citizenship through service...not through a college degree that was subsidized by the tax dollars of American citizens.:slash:

vintageJIM

Banned
Reaction score
Why would parents bring their children into any country illegally?
That would seem to be an irresponsible thing to do.
The act of entering a country illegally is illegal, yet many don’t want to deal with that reality.
Illegal is illegal, and illegal means illegal; it’s pretty damn simple.
Bringing your kid into a nation when you enter illegally is IMO no different than bringing your kid to a bank robbery when you rob a bank.
When as a nation, and as a people, are we gonna start getting serious about this BS?

The immigration policies of the US are a joke.
Congress passed major immigration legislation into law, in the mid 1960s & in the mid 1980s, yet our government has failed at upholding the very laws that they created.
What good are more immigration laws going to actually provide?
I suppose we will never learn ………………
What a f****** joke this nation is.
WE can’t even wipe our own a****.

The destruction of this nation from the inside did not occur because of an accident.
There has been a slow & steady, intentional destruction of the nation by the hands of our own treasonous leaders; otherwise it would not be happening.

The a**hats in DC will never learn; more wars & more cannon fodder will solve everything:rolleyes:
God help us all ………………….

firesgt911

Reaction score
Legal immigrants servein the US Armed Forces all the time. It is a great way to assist in getting citizenship. In fact, my current supervisor was 15 when he came to America from the Phillipines. He joined at 18 and is 42 now. The language barrier does sometimes exist, but it has never been much of a problem.

Blackie

Banned
Reaction score
I say we make everyone take the citizen test reguardless of wether they are or not and those that fail are sent to reeducation camps to be set up in Arizona. Revoke everyones right to vote if they can not pass elementry school level history and government tests.
........etc etc..........zyclon B.........ovens...............Have a nice day

KSG_Standard

Reaction score

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Why would parents bring their children into any country illegally?
That would seem to be an irresponsible thing to do.
The act of entering a country illegally is illegal, yet many don’t want to deal with that reality.
Illegal is illegal, and illegal means illegal; it’s pretty damn simple.
Bringing your kid into a nation when you enter illegally is IMO no different than bringing your kid to a bank robbery when you rob a bank.
When as a nation, and as a people, are we gonna start getting serious about this BS?

The immigration policies of the US are a joke.
Congress passed major immigration legislation into law, in the mid 1960s & in the mid 1980s, yet our government has failed at upholding the very laws that they created.
What good are more immigration laws going to actually provide?
I suppose we will never learn ………………
What a f****** joke this nation is.
WE can’t even wipe our own a****.

The destruction of this nation from the inside did not occur because of an accident.
There has been a slow & steady, intentional destruction of the nation by the hands of our own treasonous leaders; otherwise it would not be happening.

The a**hats in DC will never learn; more wars & more cannon fodder will solve everything:rolleyes:
God help us all ………………….

It isn't the fault of the KIDS. Do we toss the bank robber's kid in prison with the parents? No. Lets not forget that the US born children of illegal immigrants are US CITIZENS.

Say, for example, little Julio is 1 year old when his parents drag him across the border, and his brother Juan is born 1 year later in the USA. 20 years later, Juan is just a regular Mexican American Citizen, and Julio is illegal. I'm all for letting Julio join the Army/Navy/Marines/AirForce/CoastGuard and becoming a citizen.

Agave_Blue

Reaction score
if you let too many foreign nationals into your armed services it's a good way to lose control of them. especially when so many of the "immigrants" are beholden to the cartels and such. .....

Did you actually read the criteria? For the most part they are kids who have been here for a good part of their lives, been eduacted in our schools and are willing to serve "their" country. Further, they would have no criminal record.

They're here through no fault of their own (mostly) and they get a path to legal status via service to the country the grew up in. Sounds like a good idea to me.

There were a multitude of 1st and 2nd generation hispanics serving when I was in. They were as good a soldier as anyone else.

coldsteal2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
People from Mexico are free to join the US Military if they are
here Leagaly, or if they apply from thier own country to go through
our ESL program. We actualy accept people from many countries
that go through the ESL program, and they do earn citizenship.
Why would we let Illegals join, they would already fail the
security background checks by not being here legaly.

this was just a political action by the Democrats to rally votes

Fracture

Reaction score
Desert trained, similar coloring, what could go wrong.
Skip the boot camp, give em guns, just no ammo.
Misguided air strikes and a few hundred thousand friendly fire incidents.
(twirls index finger in circle) Fire up the C130's, were going to a better place.

The DUDE

Reaction score
"Seems" like a good idea....but it's counter-productive to reducing illegal immigration. It just adds another incentive for people to come here illegally (which is the opposite of what we should be doing.)

loneguitar

Reaction score
We started out as Europe's rejects, and continued to gather them throughout history. Its what we do, have done, and what has made us stronger.

The Spanish conquered lands covered 3/4 of the continental US. They too were incorporated, and made us wealthy with the resources those lands contained.

The difference today is the drug trade and the huge profits from them, and the associated gangs that run it. When Americans kick their drug habits the way we view illegal aliens will change.

I agree but the other huge problem is that these immigrants are stealing across our borders to drop their kids so that they are automatically US citizens, and hence are entitled to US support, welfare, food stamps and are making a living out of sucking the American system dry. These are not just Mexican but from all over the World. Until there is a Major overhaul of the system and our representatives grow a set and stand up for the people this will only get worse. I am all for aliens who seek to earn a citizenship the legal way, but those are but a small population of the onslaught that hit our borders on a daily basis.

Hooligan

Reaction score
Lets be sure about one thing. The Liberals running the ship care about one thing and one thing only.........Votes. Allowing illegal immigrants to become legal citizens is a way to be sure of Democrat votes from them. It's just another way of keeping people government dependent. Illegal drug smuggling as well as arms and people smuggling needs to be viewed as terrorism.

We're too nice....... New Immigration policy: Don't shoot Southbound immigrants! We don't need to build a fence, just strategic sniper towers. Sound kinda harsh? Yep. But check this! How many illegal immigrants die every year trying to swim across the river because they can't afford a coyote. Hundreds, in fact the Mexicans have a special boat to pick up floaters. How fast do you think the immigration across the river would stop if a few were shot dead..........FAST, REAL FAST! See, for a person who has literally nothing jail time in the US or being deported over an over again is not a deterrent! Looking at a sniper tower from the Mexican side of the river wondering if it's manned is!

Aside from giving the lunatic left wing tree hugging criminals in Washington 8 million new voters the trouble with granting American citizenship to these people is that many are completely undocumented. Many are criminals whether it be cartels employees, drug smugglers, murderers, etc. Not to mention what diseases they are carrying into the country. There is no way to tell who you are giving citizenship to, and consequently the right to vote. When many of the folks came from Europe, one America was in a time of rapid growth and in need of population. That doesn't apply now especially considering our current unemployment rate. Also, those folks came to America and went straight to the immigration office to become LEGAL immigrants. They had papers proving who they were. The government could control who came in!

Hamtone

Reaction score
I agree but the other huge problem is that these immigrants are stealing across our borders to drop their kids so that they are automatically US citizens, and hence are entitled to US support, welfare, food stamps and are making a living out of sucking the American system dry. These are not just Mexican but from all over the World. Until there is a Major overhaul of the system and our representatives grow a set and stand up for the people this will only get worse. I am all for aliens who seek to earn a citizenship the legal way, but those are but a small population of the onslaught that hit our borders on a daily basis.

+1 :thumb:

My wife works with a girl who is Cambodian and is not a citizen. Her kids are, but her and her husband are not. They are legal but do not wish to be a citizen, because they would loose their aid...Then my wife wonders why i will not go to their house for anything :rolleyes:

vintageJIM

Banned
Reaction score
It isn't the fault of the KIDS. Do we toss the bank robber's kid in prison with the parents? No. Lets not forget that the US born children of illegal immigrants are US CITIZENS.

Say, for example, little Julio is 1 year old when his parents drag him across the border, and his brother Juan is born 1 year later in the USA. 20 years later, Juan is just a regular Mexican American Citizen, and Julio is illegal. I'm all for letting Julio join the Army/Navy/Marines/AirForce/CoastGuard and becoming a citizen.

Correct, a child born on US soil is considered a US citizen.
This would not however apply to Julio.

If Julio’s parents are bringing Julio into a country illegally, then that is a bad decision on the part of Julio's parents, IMO.
Sure, Julio shouldn't have to bare certain consequences for his parent's bad decisions but then Julio's parents made the decision to put Julio in that uncomfortable position.
Bad on Julio's parents; they are bad parents IMO.

Life isn't fair some times & Julio shouldn't be getting special treatment just because his parents are making bad decisions.
There are many children born into this world that end up having to deal with the consequences of the bad decisions of one, or both parents, no matter the immigration status, and/or citizenship of the parent(s).
Should we make exceptions for all the bad decisions of parents, just for the sake of the kids?
I don't think so, and we shouldn't do so in Julio's case either.

JNS

Reaction score
My parents are legal immigrants to this country and a big reason I joined the Military was to give something back. I think there would be a lot of people in the US that would join for the reasons I did if given the chance. Regardless of if we let illegals into the military or not, there will always be people that slip through the cracks that come into the ranks simply to learn how to hurt other people as civilians. It's been happening for a long time. Street gangs and white supremacists have been coming into the military for years to learn and share their knowledge with their degenerate cohorts back home. I don't think illegal immigrants would pose more or less of a risk than those already able to legally join. It all comes down to character. Good people will be good regardless of their citizenship status.

Agave_Blue

Reaction score
Lets be sure about one thing. The Liberals running the ship care about one thing and one thing only.........Votes. .....

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Like the conservatives aren't looking to get votes with every crooked deed they do and with every lie they speak?

You funny. :applause:

Hamtone

Reaction score
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Like the conservatives aren't looking to get votes with every crooked deed they do and with every lie they speak?

You funny. :applause:

You know there is certain politicians that dont care :laugh2::laugh2:

Not about votes but;

Reality
dignity
intelligence
morals
constituents

Should I go on:cool:

Latest Threads