If you had to pick only one position ....

Which would it be?

• Neck

• Middle

• Bridge

• Hey buddy...that's kinda personal

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mojojones

Reaction score
Doggy style... just kidding... neck all day long unless the amp is cranked, bridge pickup tones always seem too sharp and pointy and irritating. With some gain and volume and sustain, of course, that's a different story altogether...

grumphh

Reaction score
Bridge or die.

Ever noticed how almost all single pickup guitars built after 1960 only have a BRIDGE pickup?

Neck pickup is for jazzers and internet players only. Muddy, wooly and mushy as soon as the tinsiest amount of drive is applied. And even before that it isn't worth much....

efstop

The dickens you say!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridge or die.

Ever noticed how almost all single pickup guitars built after 1960 only have a BRIDGE pickup?

Neck pickup is for jazzers and internet players only. Muddy, wooly and mushy as soon as the tinsiest amount of drive is applied. And even before that it isn't worth much....
Worth as much as your opinion, bud. A Tele bridge pickup is over the top bright, the neck pickup has soul.
But that's my equally worthless opinion.

Socrates

Reaction score
Interesting responses....made me realize that Ive never spent any time really exploring the middle...think I'm gonna do that

Reaction score
Middle with both volume controls on 10 and both tone controls at 3.

billgwx

Reaction score
Tough one. I like the middle for rhythm and the bridge for both rhythm and lead playing, so the latter wins out. Neck pickup by by itself sounds too dark to me.

pondcaster

Reaction score
Had always been mostly neck player in the past but ever since getting the LPs I have now, I've migrated to probably: 10% bridge, 50% middle, 40% neck.

Of course it kinda depends on what we're playing, amp I'm running, etc.

mdubya

Reaction score

About guitar?

Unpossible. But if forced to choose: middle.

But what is the point of a 3 way switch if you don't use it as intended.

Yeah, middle position...

mdubya

Reaction score
Whatever pleases my wife the most. :shock:
Short fling partner: I don't really like this position.

Me: that's OK, I do. This won't take too long.

She helped herself to my leather jacket when she left. So I had to do her again the following week to get my jacket back. That is how it went from one night stand to short fling.

Dogbreath

Reaction score
I voted but for me it depends on which of my guitars I’m playing.

efstop

The dickens you say!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Neck pickups are for turning them all the way down so your toggle switch acts as a kill switch.
That doesn't work on a two pot guitar (Tele, eg.) unless you install stacked pots and custom knobs.

Neck pickups are for those who aren't afraid to step away from the beloved but electrically weak bridge pickup

Latest Threads