If you had 2k to spend on an LP, what would YOU buy

[email protected]

Reaction score
I want another Les Paul. I have around 2k to spend. I already have a 2011 LP Supreme. I would like to buy an older one. Which one would YOU buy, and why. I'm pretty old school and I like Zeppelin to Zappa. Not much for speed metal or high gain dive bomby harmonics. It will go through a JTM-45 or Fender Twin Reverb. Through a tube English Muffin. I Will wire it for out of phase with a pull pot. Any suggestions?
A Heritage H-137

fretout

Reaction score
I’d save up a few hundred more and try to find a 68RI. I’ve been really, really driven to add another one to the family, but I can’t find a reasonable price on them anywhere.

I did see one where the seller wanted around $2,800; but he decided to pull the ad. That ad was up for months, and as soon as I was ready...he deleted the posting citing frustration.

JayBee

Reaction score
I want another Les Paul. I have around 2k to spend. I already have a 2011 LP Supreme. I would like to buy an older one. Which one would YOU buy, and why. I'm pretty old school and I like Zeppelin to Zappa. Not much for speed metal or high gain dive bomby harmonics. It will go through a JTM-45 or Fender Twin Reverb. Through a tube English Muffin. I Will wire it for out of phase with a pull pot. Any suggestions?
I have the new Ebony LP Classic and I love it. It sounds great, plays great and looks great. It was $1900 and you might even catch one on sale for $1600 if your lucky. If you like satin finish, the Pro V is nice too.

TheWhigs

Reaction score
I have the new Ebony LP Classic and I love it. It sounds great, plays great and looks great. It was $1900 and you might even catch one on sale for $1600 if your lucky. If you like satin finish, the Pro V is nice too.
Bought one about 6 weeks ago. Its my first ever satin finish guitar and I'm surprised as to how much I like it. Plays great and sounds fantastic.

Attachments

TheWhigs

Reaction score
A used Traditional.
Got a 2019 Traditional Blueberry Burst last year (its my current avatar). Its a phenomenal guitar but its a bit on the heavier side (not that I care). The colours are very rich and photos really don't do justice.

David Garner

Reaction score
Got a 2019 Traditional Blueberry Burst last year (its my current avatar). Its a phenomenal guitar but its a bit on the heavier side (not that I care). The colours are very rich and photos really don't do justice.
I got lucky with mine. It’s the one in my avatar and it weighs just a shade over 8 pounds.

uncajoey

Reaction score
1996 Classic

Get in my Belly!!!

That’s the one. Still available for (barely) under two grand. Three years ago, they were twelve hundred bucks, now Premium Plus models are asking three grand. Stupendously underrated guitars. 1991 to 2003 Classics are the ticket for sure.

DBDM

Reaction score
I would (and have) make offers till I got a Custom Shop Standard Class 5 Les Paul from the early 2000s. Many bought these as "investments" and they simply have not appreciated in value. Although they list for frequently $3-5k, they do not (usually) sell for that. One I got was still BNIB unplayed and the other lightly played with a tiny scratch. I think they are sleeper best buys. They look fantastic (to me) and play great (to me and everyone who has played mine). All the cork sniffer details that many look for (real ABR-1, Long Neck Tennon, hand wiring, etc). I really cant figure out why they would not be more popular.

Attachments

Latest Threads