If you had 2k to spend on an LP, what would YOU buy

voided76

Reaction score
That's easy.
I'd get a fender deluxe a Vox ac30 and another 2020 epi shell to work on. Lol

AwayWeG0

Reaction score
Look in the used market for a used G0. BEST LP bang for your buck. You’d probably only have to save a little more scratch ... or not! It’d be somewhat “old” (potentially back to ‘04), an historic ... handwired ... and made to custom shop standards and specs which can be modded anyway you like. I was patient, watched the market and couldn’t be happier.

Happy searching!

3ChordMerchant

Reaction score
I want another Les Paul. I have around 2k to spend. I already have a 2011 LP Supreme. I would like to buy an older one. Which one would YOU buy, and why. I'm pretty old school and I like Zeppelin to Zappa. Not much for speed metal or high gain dive bomby harmonics. It will go through a JTM-45 or Fender Twin Reverb. Through a tube English Muffin. I Will wire it for out of phase with a pull pot. Any suggestions?
while you re window shopping , don’t overlook the 2011 , ‘12 or ‘13 Traditionals! These are IMO great instruments with no weight relief , ‘57 BBs ,mid 59 necks and great burst colors.Bargains at less than US2K!! I personally like more grain than flame . Just a thought .

zdoggie

Reaction score
I would look for something that played like I want one to play first and formost and if it didn't have the sound I was looking for I'd simply change pikups sounds like your handy with a soldering iron any way and that is a good thing !
zdog

reelman955

Reaction score
I want another Les Paul. I have around 2k to spend. I already have a 2011 LP Supreme. I would like to buy an older one. Which one would YOU buy, and why. I'm pretty old school and I like Zeppelin to Zappa. Not much for speed metal or high gain dive bomby harmonics. It will go through a JTM-45 or Fender Twin Reverb. Through a tube English Muffin. I Will wire it for out of phase with a pull pot. Any suggestions?
I would go with a 1992/ early 90’s standard. You will possibly have some money left over.

strumfunner

Reaction score
I happen to have a few Pauls that are modded for the Peter Green mod. A great used guitar out there are the Gibson Les Paul Faded series, from around 2004 to 2009... around 2006 they were chambered if your looking for something lighter... My 2009 is killer, and of course you might try looking for a Corsa Les Paul style guitar. Here is my Gibson that was modded by Larry and one of Larry's LCPG's:

Attachments

stevie777

Reaction score
A Greco Super real or mint collection eg59/60 or above. You could buy 6 Grecos for 2k and you won't be disappointed by any of them.

DaveSG

Reaction score
I'd get my exact same guitar. I'd take the $2000, and then beg the store to get them down in price, and then I'd borrow the difference from Grandma and cut her lawn for a year. These 50s Standards are amazing.
P9251158 (2).JPG

Sweeper5

Reaction score
What i did was take the $,2000 and put it down on an 2018 Gibson Custom Shop R0 1960 Burst,then payed it off
I have an R0 burst, 1996. …It is hands down my favorite LP of any that I have e er played. Ever! I agree…don’t plop down 2k just to “get another LP”. Put that money towards the one you really want and you’ll be glad you did!

TheWhigs

Reaction score
I just got a LP Traditional Pro V from GC last month. Great price (I paid $1747.99 total all in) and 48/months interest free! The guitar plays fantastic, the neck is smooth and it sounds awesome. I like the fact its the push/pull pots and I can play around with it quite a bit.

A very versatile guitar.

Attachments

Roger66

Reaction score
By 77 the bodies were no longer pancake, and weight relief came later, maybe around 83ish. Generally they can be on the heavy side of the scale. If you are into P90s and ebony fingerboards, it's a bonus!
I'll take that bonus!

Roger66

Reaction score
I have an R0 burst, 1996. …It is hands down my favorite LP of any that I have e er played. Ever! I agree…don’t plop down 2k just to “get another LP”. Put that money towards the one you really want and you’ll be glad you did!
Of course. That is why I'm researching them. Thanks!

Roger66

Reaction score
I'll take that bonus!
Pancake? What's that? Forgive me! I have been a fender guy forever. I want the heaviest LP I can find. P-90s and Ebony is a total Plus. Does the thickness vary over the years? Has anyone here run P-90's out of phase?

Latest Threads