If you ever get the chance ....

Dolebludger

Reaction score
If you ever get the chance to buy a 2012 PRS SE Orianthi guitar, pull the trigger if the price is decent, Now the models of this guitar, up to and including the 2011 model had flat “sparkle red” tops that looked silly to me. But the 2012 model had a carved flame maple top (not veneer) a mahogany body, a maple neck, an ebony board, and a very thin neck. Now, problem is that PRS only made this guitar as a 2012 model. After that, Orianthi took her endorsement elsewhere, and PRS abandoned the design formula. A big shame for PRS. My price new in 2012 from Sweetwater was $709. I don’t know what they go for used, and mine certainly isn’t for sale!

That is because I have 12 guitars. Some cheap and some expensive. But if I ever had an important gig (not going to happen) I would take THIS guitar. I wouldn’t even ask what genre of music I was to play. I would still take THIS guitar.

It is a shame that THIS guitar was only produced for one year. But, that’s the way it is sometimes. I am just telling my friends on MLP that this guitar is magic to me. So if there becomes one in the used market, consider it.

Reactions: tzd

judson

Reaction score
i bought a used 2005 SE Custom 22 just to test drive PRS entry line and i still am impressed by the quality for the money...i just dont play it and its value might be $400 tops...the trem is the best feature on this and am tempted to put it on one of my strats..i think PRS got it right with their tremolo....

but here you go for anyone looking for the Orianthi you mentioned

Latest Threads