If meat eaters were like vegans...

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Ive been a vegetarian for roughly 3 years. Its really not that big of a deal. I've decided I like animals enough to no longer need to kill them for taste. I've been living just fine without them, so I suppose I'm not starving or malnourished in any way. There are a few hypocritical arguments made by meat eaters. A few I've heard is:

"well, I love animals too". No, you really don't. You choose to kill 3 a day. Thats ok. Whats not ok is to call the color blue red. Its not. You cant claim any kind of love for the animal kingdom while you eat them.
"I eat animals for my health!". Yea? How many miles a week do you run? How many packs of smokes hung out of your filthy mouth and how many lbs overweight are you? You really dont give a rats ass about your health, you just want to argue the meat eaters position. Thats fine too, but I see right thru it.

I'm actually OK with others eating/killing animals and I too will still kill for others who choose to eat them. I think every single meat eater needs to kill their supper a few times. I've killed well into 6 figures worth of animals in my lifetime, maybe more even. One of the most dumbass statements I've continued to hear over the last 20 some odd years is "oh my god!!!!! if I see it alive I cant eat it". well, thats pretty damn genuine of you. Do you imagine someone picked that drumstick off a chicken tree? It came off a living, breathing animal that died simply because you like the way it tastes. You cant even garner up the respect and consideration of LOOKING AT IT? Real tough.

I do not judge the omnivores and still think its ok to eat meat. Whats not ok is to make excuses or claims ignoring the fact they eat meat.

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I was reading this thread thinking "Yeah, I've never ever met a vegan that talks about being a vegan".

Until today.

I'm in TAPS which is a thing military folks that have separated will know of. Anyway, I'm eating lunch in this conference room and the news is on. It's just me and this other fellow eating. So there is this story about depression on the news and the guy says "You know what I would do" (oh please tell me, I was desperately waiting to hear your opinion on this). "I would put them on a vegan diet because the animal hormones are transferred to meat eaters and blah blah whatever", meanwhile I'm chowing down on some chicken.

He was alright though, he split a mango with me. An organic mango.

I had curry mango in Trinidad. It was really good.

2manyGuitars

Reaction score
daily-afternoon-randomness-49-photos-270.jpg

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Why either or though?

We're built to be omnivores. We eat both.

Living off of purely plants seems as odd as living off of purely meat.

Moderation perhaps is key over extremism

There's good evidence to indicate that Neanderthal's diet consisted almost entirely of meat. Their technology also stayed stagnant for around 90,000 years.

Cro Magnon had a diverse diet. And also evolved.

Research on Native Americans of The Ohio Valley indicates during the period when they were hunter gatherers they were not only in better health from the forensic evidence..teeth, spines and skeletal evidence, but created more art and crafts.

When the Mississippian model of agriculture and maize monoculture came to dominate they physically deteriorated. And their output and creativity waned.

It has been found too that the rural poor in the south and midwest in the early 20th century suffered from Pellegra when corn became a dominate staple.

So it would seem variety of diet is beneficial.

TheX

I am Varna Sankar
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
X, check out Mike Mahler on the interwebs. He is a strength and conditioning coach the does a plant based diet. the are many ways do do plant based, some are good, some are really bad. you may need some time to learn how to hit your preferred macro's and such, but it is possible to do just about any kind of diet within the plant kingdom... hell there's even vegan Ketogenic diets!

Just remember that calories still exist, and you will lose muscle if you don't eat enough. Best of luck to you, and good on ya for being open minded :thumb:

My diet is already over 80% vegan, the rest is just cleanup. I consume about 3500 calories a day so I'm good there. Out on the road bike is where I really burn them.

Stinky Kitty

Reaction score
Ive been a vegetarian for roughly 3 years. Its really not that big of a deal. I've decided I like animals enough to no longer need to kill them for taste. I've been living just fine without them, so I suppose I'm not starving or malnourished in any way. There are a few hypocritical arguments made by meat eaters. A few I've heard is:

"well, I love animals too". No, you really don't. You choose to kill 3 a day. Thats ok. Whats not ok is to call the color blue red. Its not. You cant claim any kind of love for the animal kingdom while you eat them.
"I eat animals for my health!". Yea? How many miles a week do you run? How many packs of smokes hung out of your filthy mouth and how many lbs overweight are you? You really dont give a rats ass about your health, you just want to argue the meat eaters position. Thats fine too, but I see right thru it.

I'm actually OK with others eating/killing animals and I too will still kill for others who choose to eat them. I think every single meat eater needs to kill their supper a few times. I've killed well into 6 figures worth of animals in my lifetime, maybe more even. One of the most dumbass statements I've continued to hear over the last 20 some odd years is "oh my god!!!!! if I see it alive I cant eat it". well, thats pretty damn genuine of you. Do you imagine someone picked that drumstick off a chicken tree? It came off a living, breathing animal that died simply because you like the way it tastes. You cant even garner up the respect and consideration of LOOKING AT IT? Real tough.

I do not judge the omnivores and still think its ok to eat meat. Whats not ok is to make excuses or claims ignoring the fact they eat meat.

Like you, I don't hold anyone's diet against them. No one diet is right for every body all the time. It's why we have cravings, and variety makes all the difference.

It's the other behavior from both camps that irritate.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Joey, you are so much better than us. How do you even stand to be in our lowly company around here?

I want me some Joey lessons.

Caleb

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
"well, I love animals too". No, you really don't. You choose to kill 3 a day.

Oh Joey, this rigid black and white argument again? I eat meat and I'm here to tell you I love animals. Maybe not all of them. I have no great affection for cattle or deep love for chickens. But just because I have a steak or a drumstick doesn't mean I didn't love my dog or didn't love my cat. To try to convince me I didn't because I eat livestock is absurd.

Spiteface

Reaction score
Just don't take away my bread and we're good.

Honestly, that would be the thing keeping me from doing the Atkins diet or similar carb-cutting. I like bread too much.

Of course, this means I can bring meat AND bread together to form the pleasure known as the bacon sandwich.

I don't mind vegetarians or vegans. Just the overly preachy ones.

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Oh Joey, this rigid black and white argument again? I eat meat and I'm here to tell you I love animals. Maybe not all of them. I have no great affection for cattle or deep love for chickens. But just because I have a steak or a drumstick doesn't mean I didn't love my dog or didn't love my cat. To try to convince me I didn't because I eat livestock is absurd.

If I put that dog or cat in a smoker (and didn't tell you what it was) and slathered it with a few spices, you'd eat it and think it was delicious. The reasons we don't eat these animals are cultural. The meat is all the same. It's pretty cruel to eat meat and logically hard to deny. It's pretty black and white to me. Again, not judging but it is what it is.

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Joey, you are so much better than us. How do you even stand to be in our lowly company around here?

I want me some Joey lessons.

Well, for no other reason than someone has to set the lower threshold.

I kid.

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It's like a barometer. How much do you love this goat? Well, would you burn it alive? No? Ok well that's a start. It's probably the worst thing you can do to it. Would you let it live in your house and feed it grass every day, pet it and talk to it? No? Ok, you don't love the goat either. Would you kill it or cause it to be killed quite painfully (they scream like children when being killed, I've done it) because you think it tastes good? If you answer yes (if you're a meat eater that is your answer) you really have no love whatsoever for goats. Indifference at best and malice at worse in regards to goat life. Same with cows, pigs, chickens etc.

Caleb

Reaction score
If I put that dog or cat in a smoker (and didn't tell you what it was) and slathered it with a few spices, you'd eat it and think it was delicious. The reasons we don't eat these animals are cultural. The meat is all the same. It's pretty cruel to eat meat and logically hard to deny. It's pretty black and white to me. Again, not judging but it is what it is.

Its black and white to you, this bizarrely entrenched moral stance. To the larger world, not so much. Plants are living creatures too, let's not forget. I love big oak trees and would never harm one. Then again, I'll rip a perfectly healthy tomato off the vine and devour it without mercy. Does that mean I don't love flora?

Caleb

Reaction score
And Joe, the caveat "I'm not judging" is wearing pretty thin when making such judgemental remarks. You just said if you could put my dog in the smoker and trick me into thinking he was venison or whatever it means I didn't love him. That is such an obtuse and arrogantly self righteous insult. But hey, morality must be pretty easy when thinking in such simplistic terms. Good for you.

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Its black and white to you, this bizarrely entrenched moral stance. To the larger world, not so much. Plants are living creatures too, let's not forget. I love big oak trees and would never harm one. Then again, I'll rip a perfectly healthy tomato off the vine and devour it without mercy. Does that mean I don't love flora?

I don't think I need to remind you plants have no nervous system. You don't want to stand behind this point I don't think.

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
And Joe, the caveat "I'm not judging" is wearing pretty thin when making such judgemental remarks. You just said if you could put my dog in the smoker and trick me into thinking he was venison or whatever it means I didn't love him. That is such an obtuse and arrogantly self righteous insult. But hey, morality must be pretty easy when thinking in such simplistic terms. Good for you.

I'm not judging. I happen to love animals. Everyone else doesn't have to and the world still spins. What's disingenuous is claiming to while eating them. The only reason we don't eat domestic animals is cultural. If we grew up eating dogs, then dog would be what's on the menu and pigs would be house pets. I had one as a house pet. It's really not all that different. All I'm saying is if you love me, then kill me and eat me outside of starving to death, you probably really don't love me at all.

Caleb

Reaction score
I don't think I need to remind you plants have no nervous system. You don't want to stand behind this point I don't think.

That last point of mine was absurd by design. Just trying to keep up with yours. A cow that was born to be food, would not be alive otherwise. It goes to slaughter and I have a burger. So according to you, I didn't love my dog. Your point being you could have smoked him up and tricked me into thinking I was eating livestock? Just trying to keep up with the silly logic.

Caleb

Reaction score
I'm not judging. I happen to love animals. Everyone else doesn't have to and the world still spins. What's disingenuous is claiming to while eating them. The only reason we don't eat domestic animals is cultural. If we grew up eating dogs, then dog would be what's on the menu and pigs would be house pets. I had one as a house pet. It's really not all that different. All I'm saying is if you love me, then kill me and eat me outside of starving to death, you probably really don't love me at all.

Do you love animals? Have pets? I guess you've only been legit for the last three years of your life. You must have hated them all before that.

Latest Threads