If Life In The US Becomes Untenable

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I'm not going anywhere. In fact, I'll probably end up spending most of my time in the NYC suburbs because that is where my kids will likely be. I may move south, but will need to keep a place here. I want to spend as much time with them (and ultimately their children) as possible. So, being around is better than visiting when it works for me.

That said, if I didn't have kids, I'd retire to Buenos Aires, Argentina. I'd be up to my eyeballs in smoking hot Euro-looking chicks with a very low cost of living. Of course, I'd keep my money offshore. I'd probably get a little cabin in Bariloche for fishing and skiing.

As for a warm place to disappear, I'd consider Utila, Honduras. Yes, I said "Honduras." Roatan and Utila are English speaking islands off the coast of Honduras in the southern Gulf. They are off the beaten path dive destinations. These islands almost never get hit with hurricanes. There is very little mainland crime that makes it to the islands.

Staying in the USA and looking to get away from the BS of the PC crowd, I'd head into the hills northeast of Asheville, NC on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

As it stands, now, I will probably stay in the Northeast for a few more years. Then reassess.

Guy Named Sue

Reaction score
growing a mullet in anticipation.
Oh I can see it in front of me :laugh2:
4834769.jpeg

judson

Reaction score
im fine where i am at....

but i believe the farther away you get from Washington DC and the brain dead maroons.....the better off you will be as you feel and smell less of the bullshit on a daily basis.

South Dakota at the base of Mount Rushmore....i would love to be a homeless guy there

come at me bro'

fixedw.jpg

im almost there....

Screenshot_2020-07-10 SD Real Estate - South Dakota Homes For Sale Zillow.png

Last edited:

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I just think it's funny that another group was promising to move to Canada after a certain president was re-elected. Of course they never did, and I don't think that anyone will now.

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Once society in the USA falls apart, I’ll probably have to move somewhere... live off of Moon Pies and RC Cola when raccoons aren’t available. Indoor plumbing and electricity will be out of the question, as the infrastructure will have completely fallen apart. So pooping outdoors will be the norm.

Alabama is only about 15 hours from me, so it’s all good.

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
Really, I’d move to Montana.
From the few people I’ve interacted with there (who I wasn’t already friends with), I don’t think the National silliness is gonna make its way there.
There’s just too much land, and too many people with shotguns and shovels.

Are you going to raise up a crop of Dental Floss?

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
Once society in the USA falls apart, I’ll probably have to move somewhere... live off of Moon Pies and RC Cola when raccoons aren’t available. Indoor plumbing and electricity will be out of the question, as the infrastructure will have completely fallen apart. So pooping outdoors will be the norm.

But isn’t Alabama closed?

:hmm:

cheers

jb_abides

Reaction score
im fine where i am at....

but i believe the farther away you get from Washington DC and the brain dead maroons.....the better off you will be as you feel and smell less of the bullshit on a daily basis.

South Dakota at the base of Mount Rushmore....i would love to be a homeless guy there

come at me bro'

View attachment 474793

2532784-Norman-Maclean-Quote-The-world-is-full-of-bastards-the-number.jpg

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
...as for where I will go, and it may be as soon as I retire in 5 years. South Korea. My wife is from there and I've spent 4 years there in the past. We have enough for a nice place as long as it's outside of Seoul. You need Millions to buy property there!

jb_abides

Reaction score

I hear it's a slice of Heaven

JTM45

Reaction score

Them southern girls are kinda special

Latest Threads