If I may... would like to question the experts regarding truss

mistermikev

Reaction score
When you have a German carve or any other carve that makes the pickup plane higher than the body rim where the neck meets the body, you're going to need much more neck angle.

My post was strictly about flat-topped guitars.

Now I'll shut up.
hehe, no, don't shut up! Esp since I'm not sure what you mean (that's on me assuredly). I have no idea what german carve is... have never heard that term b4. i get that the lp must be a german carve as by your def the pickups are higher than the body rim. oh, wait... i think I got you... just saying that carved tops 3-4.5deg and flat tops 1.5-2deg. right on.

very much appreciate your responses... you and everyone. I know I'm still kind of a stranger around these parts, I only seem to visit when I have a q... but I'm constantly quietly lurking. we started off on this thread a little rough with the "impregnate" incident (hehe) but after all you've all made me feel welcome and I very much appreciate that! Even may have learned a thing or two.
many thanks for that.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
And for you, Rich.. I've never made an Explorer. Made damn-near everything else, but one hasn't crossed my bench until your order from DSG. So guess what I'll be doing with a glue-up of soft pine from Home Depot. :laugh2:
Just think of it as a Flying-V with a backwards wing ;)
I can't see it being any different from any other slab Gibson design like the V or SG... except it's got more glue area on the tenon.

If Gibson can do it, I'm fully confident that you can do it better ;)

LtDave32

Let Desert Star be your next guitar!
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Just think of it as a Flying-V with a backwards wing ;)
I can't see it being any different from any other slab Gibson design like the V or SG... except it's got more glue area on the tenon.

If Gibson can do it, I'm fully confident that you can do it better ;)

You can come out if you wish, and sample the "pinewood predecessor".. You and me and the wives will go out to dinner or somethng..

Latest Threads