If Clapton, Page, Bloomfield and Green...

zwiefldraader

Reaction score
It's so funny, while lots of people raving about converted gold-tops, there is an undeniable trend for Humbucker-sized P90s and soapbars seem to be on the rise nowadays. Will we see converted Yamaha Revstar 502s with Humbucker routing in a few years from now?

somebodyelseuk

Reaction score
It's so funny, while lots of people raving about converted gold-tops, there is an undeniable trend for Humbucker-sized P90s and soapbars seem to be on the rise nowadays. Will we see converted Yamaha Revstar 502s with Humbucker routing in a few years from now?
Not unless they limit how many humbucker models they make, everybody else stops making twin bucker guitars and they become worth more than your house as a resullt.

Juan Wayne

Reaction score
Maybe a bit rough on the approach, but I'm fine with that, and I generally agree with the premise. It's silly and a waste of a nice goldtop, as much as I understand it the owners' choice.

Now what I can't stand if the use of the hacky, reddit-meme-reposting-10-year-old-fucktard ellipsis on the title. I wish this was my lawn so I could tell you to get off it.

charlie chitlins

Reaction score
Now what I can't stand if the use of the hacky, reddit-meme-reposting-10-year-old-fucktard ellipsis on the title. I wish this was my lawn so I could tell you to get off it.
Now I have to find out what reddit is.
In the meantime....
More ellipses for ya...
:p

Christian Eidsmoe

Reaction score
Dude, why so angwy?! I hope you're just a potty mouth who is kidding : )

If wishes were horses, then '54 players would ride. Recognize that smell? This guitar eats Taco Bell! LOL

...would have played '54 Les Pauls, all you conversion fucktards would be putting gold paint and wraptails on 'bursts. You're like a bunch of 9-year-olds painting stars and stripes on your stingray bikes to look more like Evel Kneivel.

Now get off my fuckin' lawn.

Juan Wayne

Reaction score
Now I have to find out what reddit is.
In the meantime....
More ellipses for ya...
:p
HARRUMPH...

Dear sir, I'll have you know I'm a big fan of ellipses pretty much everywhere except for the title... harrumph...
I get... to the point of... talking like William... Shatner at points...

But do yourself a favor and stay away from Reddit. The good probably doesn't even cover the spread.

hankster34

Reaction score
In 1971, I jumped off my Junior High School auditorium roof on my Stingray. Bent the pedals, D-shaped the rims. But I was an instant hero. So how about you get off my freaking lawn instead?
D-shaped can also be "potato-chipped" the rims. In 1971 after watching Mary Poppins, me and millions of other kids jumped off of roofs with umbrellas. We are still here but are typing from a wheelchair. Ha Ha.

BSeneca

Reaction score
I assume this is an extension of your childish rant on the conversion thread? Do you enjoy abuse? And why do you feel the need to SHOVE YOUR OPINION down everybody’s throat? A person can do whatever they want with their instrument. Most Norlin Deluxes got routed for humbuckers. Oh the horror! I have a 52 as you can see. I personally will never convert it, but I am very much considering refretting it to play better. Is that ok with you? Thought I’d check first. I understand your point in losing vintage Goldtops, but if someone wants something especially if it’s already compromised (neck break, refret, refin) then collectibility is already out the window. How many strays were routed for humbuckers. Move on. Leave it go and quit acting like a 9 year old. I usually refrain from getting into pissing matches on here but you sir take the cake. Fire when ready

zwiefldraader

Reaction score
Wondering ain't pissing. Everybody can do to his instrument whatever pleases him. No need to argue about. But I am REALLY scratching my head, honestly.
AND I am wondering how many Goldtops have been stripped and routed for Humbuckers not to please themselves, but to make them appear like high dollar '59s and get more money on the market. And THAT'S betrayal.

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score
Wondering ain't pissing. Everybody can do to his instrument whatever pleases him. No need to argue about. But I am REALLY scratching my head, honestly.
AND I am wondering how many Goldtops have been stripped and routed for Humbuckers not to please themselves, but to make them appear like high dollar '59s and get more money on the market. And THAT'S betrayal.
Betrayal? :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

treatb

Reaction score
why don't you go replace the hide with aliphatic resin too, or worse, polyvinyl acetate XD

jamhandy

Reaction score
My thoughts have been... what if Jimmy Hendrix had played a Jaguar or a Jazzmaster as a main guitar instead of a Strat... etc, etc