Ideal rate of twist (MLP firearms and shooting thread)

Bytor1958

Reaction score
1663705703000.png

scott1970

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy my first concealed holster. Crossbreed Holsters....yes or no?

I have a Crossbreed hybrid IWB for a Glock, and it gets the job done. For a slab of leather with kydex attached, I prefer the Theis hybrid IWB. I don't have any experience with anything else Crossbreed offers.

Who

Well respected man about town
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy my first concealed holster. Crossbreed Holsters....yes or no?

No. For no other reason than their stupid logo. When they came on the scene, they were getting good reviews, and seem to have good products. Then BOOM! Giant friggin’ logos on the only visible part of a tuckable holster. I hate dumb design. That’s one of the worst.

86940FE0-72BB-42B8-8521-17522859875B.jpeg

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

The best I can do on hotel wifi uploads are painfully slow, a few more should be added by morning.
Too bad that Scorpion isn't select fire. Nice piece! :)

Who

Well respected man about town
Reaction score
I can swap a 2.5” barrel onto my DW, if that will make you feel better.

HardCore Troubadour

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
And I generally like the Hague’s etc. But there’s something about the Ruger inserts that just look right with this gun.

By measurements, this came with the “compact” set at 3 3/4” tall and probably what I want is the regular set at 4”…….and $45 or so.

It appears The Hague attach differently (at the bottom) than the Ruger grips???

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
See, I've always heard that when it comes to the AK, it's all about... manufacturing, manufacturing, manufacturing. A well built, USA made AK will be just as accurate as an AR in the same hands. I could be wrong; The few that I've shot never had any issues with accuracy. But I always wasn't trying to shoot far or trying to get say, under 1.5" MOA. I can totally see how the front blade is smaller and an issue. I think with rails and magpul sights or a red dot though I can't imaging it's too hard to see.

We have a couple guys who bring RD outfitted AK's to our WW-II matches. They do fairly well.

In a general match, however, they are no competition for even the most basic AR. The further out you go, the worse they perform, comparatively. On the clock, they get crushed with mag changes. And, when they get hot, they malf much more frequently than an AR.

Comapred to an AR, they are a blunt instrument. Cool as fuck, but nonetheless, a tool of moderate precision and performance.

I'd love to get a vintage one, though.

Reactions: ehb

HardCore Troubadour

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That is what I am leaning toward, the Hogue “tamer”.

So, even though the stock grips use a center screw, the frame will accept a bottom screw?

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That is what I am leaning toward, the Hogue “tamer”.

So, even though the stock grips use a center screw, the frame will accept a bottom screw?

For the 686 grip, there is a |_| shaped clip that attaches to the bottom of the frame, that the grip screw goes into.

The clip attaches to this pin on both sides. There is a channel on the inside of both sides of the the grip that the pin rides in to seat.

Then, you screw the grip on through the bottom, through the clip

Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 11.35.24 PM.png

Last edited:

Latest Threads