Ideal rate of twist (MLP firearms and shooting thread)

Bownse

Reaction score
On December 3rd I mentioned having ordered something that would be here later in '22. It came home yesterday, but I've been too sick to so much as take a picture of it until this evening.

Here's the Prime Elite by Alchemy Custom Weaponry in .45 acp as St. John designed it. I didn't think it would be built so soon, but I'm not complaining.

qBqsNTjl.jpg

Z6QvpRTl.jpg

kBDzqFUl.jpg

Dt8H7e0l.jpg

fQcSqCZl.jpg

zFeLyAyl.jpg

gdeyRgcl.jpg

9xxm8HQl.jpg

Here's what it shot at twenty-five yards.

tH2nnwSl.jpg

I didn't ask them to do this, but they engraved my badge number on all the magazines.

04dCkBfl.jpg

I'm pleased to say the least.
Very nice fit and finish. Congrats!

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
As far as carry, I carry my Beretta in the small of my back in my pants. No holster. It fits well there. I have holsters but for the Beretta 92FS, it is comfortable... I always pretty much wear outer Dickies or Amazon work shirts with an undershirt, cold or hot, and I wear Perry suspenders under my work shirt. Undershirt actually keeps me cooler and warmer in winter (wicking and air layer) Perry suspenders have the plastic ends that hook under the belt. I wear a Duluth Trading firehose reinforced leather belt. Perrys, you won't even know they're there and quick to slide from under belt when the 'urge' hits... No damn gator clip ends to fall apart... Wearing Perrys, I don't have to pull up my pants when carrying the P14LTD....

I have an inside soft suede holster for others.... My Beretta 84FS dbl stack .380, I use hi ride looped Galco leather.... My little AMT Backup II .380 I use the Galco front pocket square leather.... I have multiple hard plastics that are great for open carry because they all stand off from body a touch and have the angle adjustments....
Just an FYI. I contacted a holster manufacturer a while back about a small of the back holster. They stopped making them because one of their employees was carrying in one and fell on ice. Landed on his back and the gun fractured his spine. Weird accident but something to consider. Maybe move the gun to 5:00

Foo for Thought

Reaction score
My new CCP just came in so I’ll ask now, what are you guys using for your EDC. No matter what holster I use my M&P Compact prints.
No big gut, boobs or baggy clothes to help hide it, though most non-gun owners probably won’t notice.
Last time I carried fashions tended to be a bit on the baggy side.
A decent IWB holster and gun belt should take care of that for you. I usually carry a commander 1911 with no issues. Right now I'm using a Nelson Stealth holster and a Crossbreed Executive gun belt.

Is printing a legal issue for you? I don't think most people notice much other than the phone in front of their face. I do understand the desire for good concealment, though.

Bownse

Reaction score
I love my stong-side IWB from DeSantis. Use it for the 1911(s).

My apendix carry is JUST for the S&W Shield Plus and is kydex from Comp-Tac. After tying 3 different (bad) options from different makers, I went back to the kydex maker whose strong-side OWB holster I'd been using for about 20 years. Good decision.

Who

Well respected man about town
Reaction score
I haven't ever held one. I hear the triggers are quite a bit better than Glocks.

45WinMag

Reaction score
Stripped upper for my 8.6 build should arrive tomorrow. Considering buying another optic instead of relocating the Trijicon scope on my 16" .308. Looking at the Bering Optics Hogster Stimulus.

BlankinLoud

Reaction score
LGS has a S&W 6" 610 in 10mm.

I am sorely tempted to make that my birthday splurge.

I also need smaller diameter grips my GP 100. I can't wrap my fingers far enough around the Hogue mono-grip to squeeze down and control the recoil. Currently hitting a pie plate sized target at 50 feet two times in six shots....unacceptable.

BlankinLoud

Reaction score
BTW, I doubt flinching is an issue with the 10mm GP 100. I'm pretty sure once I get the grips sorted out this pistol's gonna be scary accurate.

scott1970

Reaction score
I also need smaller diameter grips my GP 100. I can't wrap my fingers far enough around the Hogue mono-grip to squeeze down and control the recoil. Currently hitting a pie plate sized target at 50 feet two times in six shots....unacceptable.

I love these grips on my Ruger 10mm. They're on the smaller size overall, but they work great for me. My partner has the same gun, and he's a huge fan of them, too.

Rd15Qiol.jpg

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, I doubt flinching is an issue with the 10mm GP 100. I'm pretty sure once I get the grips sorted out this pistol's gonna be scary accurate.
I'll shoot 357 out of my SP101 all day long.
I shot 5 rounds out of my Smith Scandium Airweight... made the mistake of shooting another 5.
Won't do that again... I'm pretty sure I broke something. My thumb pad was swollen and bruised for weeks.

Deftone

Reaction score
On December 3rd I mentioned having ordered something that would be here later in '22. It came home yesterday, but I've been too sick to so much as take a picture of it until this evening.

Here's the Prime Elite by Alchemy Custom Weaponry in .45 acp as St. John designed it. I didn't think it would be built so soon, but I'm not complaining.

qBqsNTjl.jpg

Z6QvpRTl.jpg

kBDzqFUl.jpg

Dt8H7e0l.jpg

fQcSqCZl.jpg

zFeLyAyl.jpg

gdeyRgcl.jpg

9xxm8HQl.jpg

Here's what it shot at twenty-five yards.

tH2nnwSl.jpg

I didn't ask them to do this, but they engraved my badge number on all the magazines.

04dCkBfl.jpg

I'm pleased to say the least.
Wow. That is beautiful. Congratulations.

It's no Bob Chow tho....

Last edited:

Latest Threads