Ideal rate of twist (MLP firearms and shooting thread)

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Buckmark .22lr pistols are outstanding.

My first pistol for shooting Steel Challenge in RFPI was a Buckmark Target. Great pistol. It balanced well, presented well and functioned flawlessly.

View attachment 615331

I like it so much that I put a C-More on it and shot it in RFPO. I got the C-More for my 22/45, which ended up being my go-to RFPO gun. But, I loved the Buckmark so much, I gave it a try. I also installed a Volquartson match trigger, too.

View attachment 615333

But, in the end... my times were so much better with the Ruger 22/45. So, the Buckmark comes out only when my wife wants to plink. She loves it.

Here's the 22/45... you can haul ass with this thing. Comp on the front, Volquartson trigger and bushings, LCI removed and filled, and titanium firing pin. Fastest .22lr pistol that I have ever handled. And, the C-More puts the dot far up front.

View attachment 615337
My son has a buckmark I gave him years ago....tack driver in his hands....then again about any gun is.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
My son has a buckmark I gave him years ago....tack driver in his hands....then again about any gun is.
Quoting myself lol.... when he was a kid I used to take him to the woods with my 10/22. I would put drywall screws in a tree and he could snap the heads off of them. Not every once in a while but consistently. I will take genetic credit for that. Before my vision went I could consistently hit a dime at 20 yds with my hunting bow. Hang pop tabs on the target and put arrows through the hole.

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
The 17 is a bit better for gopher. I was shooting my 17, but I pulled this out the other day and decided to dial it in with a red dot. Then I changed my mind and put this scope on top. It’s a perfect scope for this particular pistol. After putting 2 rounds in a 1/2“ at 65y, I figured it was gtg on gopher.

22 gets it done. Most of my shots are at 65y or less.

The charger is a 10/22 pistol. Its a great bench gun or from prone. They make a stock with a brace too. Fun unit.
I thought it was a truck gun. I used to carry my 10/22 around for the opportunity to pop some ground hogs, prairie dogs or marmots. I got a Ruger K77/22 .22 hornet and that became my go to small varmint rifle. Not as handy as the 10//22 but you can reach out to 200 yards with it, fairly accurately and it does a real number on animals up to coyote size with no recoil and little noise.

laterider

Reaction score
Buckmark .22lr pistols are outstanding.

My first pistol for shooting Steel Challenge in RFPI was a Buckmark Target. Great pistol. It balanced well, presented well and functioned flawlessly.

View attachment 615331

I like it so much that I put a C-More on it and shot it in RFPO. I got the C-More for my 22/45, which ended up being my go-to RFPO gun. But, I loved the Buckmark so much, I gave it a try. I also installed a Volquartson match trigger, too.

View attachment 615333

But, in the end... my times were so much better with the Ruger 22/45. So, the Buckmark comes out only when my wife wants to plink. She loves it.

Here's the 22/45... you can haul ass with this thing. Comp on the front, Volquartson trigger and bushings, LCI removed and filled, and titanium firing pin. Fastest .22lr pistol that I have ever handled. And, the C-More puts the dot far up front.

View attachment 615337
Steve,
Thanks for the feedback on the buck mark. Your stuff looks great! The buck mark model in your picture with the full rail is the model that grabbed my attention and caused a case of GAS. I have a red dot that is currently mounted on a 9mm and wanted to try it on my MK IV. I've ordered a rail for my MK IV but I think the buck mark is in order to have some variety and I can go back and forth between iron and red dot on 22lrs. I've had the MK IV going on just two years now and would be nice to have something different to change to as well.

BlankinLoud

Reaction score
Quoting myself lol.... when he was a kid I used to take him to the woods with my 10/22. I would put drywall screws in a tree and he could snap the heads off of them. Not every once in a while but consistently. I will take genetic credit for that. Before my vision went I could consistently hit a dime at 20 yds with my hunting bow. Hang pop tabs on the target and put arrows through the hole.
There was a time I could dump a magazine into a bottlecap at 20 yards with a Marlin 17HMR bolt action.

Sooner or later I'll acquire another .17HMR rifle just to see if I can repeat that.

Might be a while though....my shopping list has a bunch of higher priorities.

Bownse

Reaction score
Got a notice from Midway USA about availability again. Went out and snagged some 6.5cm for between $25-35 for a box of 20 in several brands (and other, more expensive options too).

Brother reported 9mm at $20 a box, so that's getting normalized, too.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a time I could dump a magazine into a bottlecap at 20 yards with a Marlin 17HMR bolt action.

Sooner or later I'll acquire another .17HMR rifle just to see if I can repeat that.

Might be a while though....my shopping list has a bunch of higher priorities.

I have the Savage bull barrel, accu shit, heavy lami vented stock, in both .22LR and .17HMR.... So damned accurate they're scary....

I have an old ass US Army Marksmanship Unit 541X .22 that is scary damn accurate too....

Any of those will deal some hell to about any field or tree critters with the right ammo.... Lots of deer have been poached with .22s... Low life rat bastids...

Little ass projectiles with the .17 & .22, but hauling ass... AR fires a .22cal bullet too... just fast as hell....

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
Got a notice from Midway USA about availability again. Went out and snagged some 6.5cm for between $25-35 for a box of 20 in several brands (and other, more expensive options too).

Brother reported 9mm at $20 a box, so that's getting normalized, too.

We're paying $18 for 50/9mm, that's down from $25 this past winter.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mistake his deer love. The love of good meat. If god didn't want us to eat meat, he wouldn't have made it taste so good. LOL
An He wouldn't have let us have meat smokers neefer....

and yes, poachers do royally piss me off...

scott1970

Reaction score
On December 3rd I mentioned having ordered something that would be here later in '22. It came home yesterday, but I've been too sick to so much as take a picture of it until this evening.

Here's the Prime Elite by Alchemy Custom Weaponry in .45 acp as St. John designed it. I didn't think it would be built so soon, but I'm not complaining.

qBqsNTjl.jpg

Z6QvpRTl.jpg

kBDzqFUl.jpg

Dt8H7e0l.jpg

fQcSqCZl.jpg

zFeLyAyl.jpg

gdeyRgcl.jpg

9xxm8HQl.jpg

Here's what it shot at twenty-five yards.

tH2nnwSl.jpg

I didn't ask them to do this, but they engraved my badge number on all the magazines.

04dCkBfl.jpg

I'm pleased to say the least.

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
On December 3rd I mentioned having ordered something that would be here later in '22. It came home yesterday, but I've been too sick to so much as take a picture of it until this evening.

Here's the Prime Elite by Alchemy Custom Weaponry in .45 acp as St. John designed it. I didn't think it would be built so soon, but I'm not complaining.

qBqsNTjl.jpg

Z6QvpRTl.jpg

kBDzqFUl.jpg

Dt8H7e0l.jpg

fQcSqCZl.jpg

zFeLyAyl.jpg

gdeyRgcl.jpg

9xxm8HQl.jpg

Here's what it shot at twenty-five yards.

tH2nnwSl.jpg

I didn't ask them to do this, but they engraved my badge number on all the magazines.

04dCkBfl.jpg

I'm pleased to say the least.
Magnificent!

cheers.

Latest Threads