Ideal rate of twist (MLP firearms and shooting thread)

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Way back, I moonlighted at times in a buds gun shop and range... Batman would come in for a spot check (actually great guys just doing their job) and I would start singing the Batman theme.... Always got a laugh from him.... Did his job but was very cool about it....

THDNUT

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
The other day Cabela's had Super X .22 LR (copper plated) ammo for $34.99/300. :shock:

That's 12.73 cents/rd OTD.
:facepalm:

At that same Cabela's, about a year ago, I bought 2,000 rds of Aguila .22 LR Super Extra ammo (copper plated also) for 5.9 cents/rd over a two day period. There was a limit of two 500 rd. boxes a day.

I'm glad I did now. At the time I thought "Do I really need any more .22 LR? I already have 5K rds." :rofl:

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure most of you already saw this. For those who haven't. "There will be no Russian ammo or firearms coming into the US beginning on September 7th of this year"

I didn't want to link the article because of politics.
Gotta bunch of Wolf 7.62x39. $100/box of 25 for sale starting lets say.....um...Sept. 7th. I finally got some gold!! Whoopee!! any takers? Hello!? I said ..ANY TAKERS!? .. Dammit! :)

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
I don't think I blathered about this in here... Some might find this hilarious... If I have, excuse me for being old and dense.... Still damn funny to me.... Talked to my son this morning and his dumbshit bud popped up in the conversation...
;)

A bud of my son's was telling my son a while back he had ordered a can.

Ok, everybody up in here knows how that works I'm sure, especially the wait time on the tax stamp.

Here's the kicker....

My son's bud actually told my son he had paid an extra like 200 bucks for freaking overnight shipping....

Ok, number one, there was a wait time for the can to actually be built to order then shipped to the pickup FFL.

Second, there is a wait time in MONTHS for the tax stamp crap to be approved so he can take delivery from the FFL. i.e. months sitting in the gun shop safe.

Now roll that $200 overnight shipping bullshit in your head for a sec or two....

My son used one of MY dad's old phrases Dad used with my dumb ass when I was growing up....

"Boy..........................Damn."

- But they'll ship it overnight.....

My son said he still hasn't got it through his head he pissed away a couple hunnert chippies....for nuttin....

They walk among us....
i actually have a thread for that guy.....

scott1970

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I was thinking Glock produces them for the California market due to subsequent generations of Glocks not being approved for ownership for the citizens of the State.

The 19 is a great gun, but I always ended up keeping mine a short time before they got traded off. I've never figured out why, either. I had always assumed it would be the gun I'd go with upon retirement, but that idea has been scraped now that my little 43X holds the same number of rounds thanks to the Shield magazines.

Bownse

Reaction score
That's [can shipping] like Amazon priority shipping fees from 3rd parties. It's overnight when they finally get around to shipping it.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depend on your own ass for backups. Twice. Cloud is cool if you have pipe speed. My new Macbook has little on it of 'mine' so far but I have added some apps like Gimp, Logic Pro, etc... Pulled out my orange Lacie and Time Machined it after install too.... Downloading extra shit for Logic now... As soon as it finishes, out comes the orange Lacie again and Time Machine again....

Sooner or later I will have a home network system for backing up everything....and cloud that...

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
We cancelled our rifle match this month. Only five people registered. Folks are hunkering down with ammo use.

• Wow
Reactions: ehb

LocoTex

Reaction score
I guess I'm behind here: why can't they sell the Gen 4 in Cali?

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm behind here: why can't they sell the Gen 4 in Cali?

Rich can explain in more detail, but in general, all firearms for sale must be on an approved list in CA. It's a small PITA to get approved. The Gen 3 is on the list, the 4 is not.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember when that CA list bullshit started, there was a Sig that all dark was on the list but the stainless slide version was not approved.... Same damn pistole....

Asshats....

LocoTex

Reaction score
Rich can explain in more detail, but in general, all firearms for sale must be on an approved list in CA. It's a small PITA to get approved. The Gen 3 is on the list, the 4 is not.
Is there a significant difference between the two?

Latest Threads