Ideal rate of twist (MLP firearms and shooting thread)

Bownse

Reaction score
Found a box of Aguilla .22 subsonics for $14 yesterday. Last week at another place, the same box was $30.

Picked up my Ruger Mk3 after having a smith thread it and set back the sight for suppression. The adapater I had, despite seemingly the most robust of many others considered, failed on it's first trip out. The larger lock ring stretched; opening up the gap with only the lock ring surviving. It failed concentrically so there wasn't a baffle strike, but it's "redneck sidestep" of a real solution became clear.

Even before the proper bbl setup, the Rugged Oculus was a hoot with standard and hi-vel .22 LR.

Attachments

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
@Who I still blame the carrier.

I will not go in an establishment that bans concealed weapons, I will not go place my weapon in the car either.

Matter of fact, every single time, I ask to speak to the manager at the doorway, and I very clearly explain to him how the sign only stops law-abiding citizens from coming in, that a criminal will come in with a concealed weapon regardless, because he/she is a criminal.

I then explain that I will be taking my business and my money somewhere else.

99% of the time they understand what I am saying and why.
Doesn't change anything (never had anyone decide to remove the sign), but I get to say my peace......

better numbers (or worse?) in the article.

Last edited:

scott1970

Reaction score
This morning Bass Pro had more ammo on their shelves than I've seen in any store in almost a year. They had a number of brands and a variety of calibers. I was the only one in the ammo aisle a half hour after the store opened. A manager said he believes the situation is beginning to improve now.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Somebody let me know when small rifle primers come available, or where I can get them..

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE BAD ASS
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm SOOOOOO GASSSSING (Gun Acquisition Syndrome) for either a Knights Armament SR-15 (or maybe 30) or a Radian Model 1. I've got some gear stuff to pay off, and another Desert Star in the queue as well as paperwork for an LMT to clear, but then I'll be looking at KAC or Radian (or both??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:)

Anyone have experience with the KAC SR-15/30 or Radian Model 1?

LocoTex

Reaction score
Our local Academy Sports and Outdoors store has two full shelves of .223 and 5.56. Maybe the shortage is coming to a welcome end. Still no .38 special, though. I'm sure not going to take my revolvers to the range and shoot .357....too expensive.

Last edited:

Bownse

Reaction score
Product Warning!

My brother recently tried Lucas gun lube on his new Kimber 9mm. He brought it over because of a concern about reassembly mistakes that resulted in it being locked up solidly. I looked (probably at the same things he did) and couldn't figure it out either. It was S O L I D.

Took it to a gunshmit who put in a bucket of more typical lube overnight. It loosened up, he dissassembled and cleaned it and found that the Lucas gun lube had dried to a glue. My brother did a serious clean on it when he got it home and said ti was almost as if the lube interacted with the finish (cerakote?) and, when done, it looked like he'd already shot a thousand rounds (based on the wear on the finish once done).

I have always associated Luca with Electrics and their poor history so avoided it. Seems other should too,.

Foo for Thought

Reaction score
Product Warning!

My brother recently tried Lucas gun lube on his new Kimber 9mm. He brought it over because of a concern about reassembly mistakes that resulted in it being locked up solidly. I looked (probably at the same things he did) and couldn't figure it out either. It was S O L I D.

Took it to a gunshmit who put in a bucket of more typical lube overnight. It loosened up, he dissassembled and cleaned it and found that the Lucas gun lube had dried to a glue. My brother did a serious clean on it when he got it home and said ti was almost as if the lube interacted with the finish (cerakote?) and, when done, it looked like he'd already shot a thousand rounds (based on the wear on the finish once done).

I have always associated Luca with Electrics and their poor history so avoided it. Seems other should too,.
Always nice to hear real world knowledge and experience of products. It reminds me a bit of Frog Lube when people figured out it turns into a gummy mess if it sits too long.

I use MPro7 cleaner and lube. It has worked pretty well for me. The cleaner is wife approved, since she kept complaining about the smell of Hoppes. :rolleyes:

CB91710

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always nice to hear real world knowledge and experience of products. It reminds me a bit of Frog Lube when people figured out it turns into a gummy mess if it sits too long.

I use MPro7 cleaner and lube. It has worked pretty well for me. The cleaner is wife approved, since she kept complaining about the smell of Hoppes. :rolleyes:
Froglube is nothing more than coconut oil based on independent spectral analysis.
I've used it, it's not a terrible lube for warm climates, but it's not the best.
It's yet another product marketed over toxicity fear mongering.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I occasionally eat a teaspoon of coconut oil for medicinal purposes.... Like white ground coconut when room temp...paste...

BlankinLoud

Reaction score
I occasionally eat a teaspoon of coconut oil for medicinal purposes.... Like white ground coconut when room temp...paste...
When the relative humidity is below 40 I apply coconut oil to my hands regularly to prevent skin split. Otherwise, my knuckles look like I was hitting a heavy bag without gloves.

I'm not familiar with the benefits of consuming coconut oil.

Reactions: ehb

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
When the relative humidity is below 40 I apply coconut oil to my hands regularly to prevent skin split. Otherwise, my knuckles look like I was hitting a heavy bag without gloves.

I'm not familiar with the benefits of consuming coconut oil.

Helps keep you regular for sure…. :)

Latest Threads