Ideal rate of twist (MLP firearms and shooting thread)

Fiesta Red

Reaction score
Sigforum used to be big on the Walmart walk. So big they even had a detailed map of the store featuring a walking path and estimated time.
Lol. I'm on the forum. Missed that. I did carry my P320 X-Compact however. I don't have a holster for my G19 yet.

Who

Well respected man about town
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking that things will slowly roll back to a more "normal"
This happened today. Still more than double March 2020, but the cheapest I've seen in a year. And still in stock over an hour later.

Fiesta Red

Reaction score
This happened today. Still more than double March 2020, but the cheapest I've seen in a year. And still in stock over an hour later.

Isn't Tulammo kinda bottom of the barrel? One step above Aguila?

Fiesta Red

Reaction score
I need some .45 defensive ammo. The store I where I found some yesterday wanted $45 for a box of twenty.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was moving some stuff around yesterday and found a big bunch of boxen of various calibers I forgot I had from shooting so much Garand and ARs before Wilford torqued my eyes up with the protein clump.... About healed up from the tear/detachment ray gun treatment this past early winter too.... No more spider webs, that bitch riding a broom, and that damn Asteroids game, all going on in my right eye... Wilford under control too.. I can see again and getting better...

I think I'll hold on for a while...then rent a table at the local show with a few boxen of different calibers. Somebody may have a Bulldog at one of the shows...or a Rapide in 10mm.... Who knows how high it'll get over the next year or two...

Bownse

Reaction score
That’s like Mad Max when he has to disarm to go into Barter town.

Re: Wildey
Updated today. 2 boxen being shipped. 1 straight to me wtith the display case and other extras. The other to my local FFL.

I’d guess it cost about a 3/4 Swarvovski.

Bownse

Reaction score
Wildey update:

They shipped the presentation case to me and the pistol to the FFL. I saw that they signed for the pistol yesterday and a few hours later, the presentation case was delivered.

That's when the fun started. Under sized shipping box had to be folded over the case and bubble wrap to fit inside. Of course that meant any impact on the shipping box would be sent through the bubble wrap and into the presentation case.

I contacted them with photos. They are going to reimburse me the cost of having a cabinet maker fix it since they are so rare.

Now I'm worried about the pistol.

Attachments

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I first heard about Glocks, maybe 20~ish yrs ago, I thought the plastic was gross looking. I really never looked into the pros and cons of it because I just think they’re ugly.
But a lot of cops carry them, I assume by choice. There must be something.
I love Glocks. They aren't for collecting or displaying. They are for getting lead down range without fail. I only have 2 now, but neither has ever had a FTF for any reason. I have a Gen3 Glock 22 (.40 cal) and a Gen4 Glock 43 (9mm). They never have any problems at all....they just shoot.

LocoTex

Reaction score
Glocks are butt ugly, but I really like my 19. Always works as it should, but you do have to be careful.

Foo for Thought

Reaction score
When I first heard about Glocks, maybe 20~ish yrs ago, I thought the plastic was gross looking. I really never looked into the pros and cons of it because I just think they’re ugly.
I think a lot of that is based on what price a department can get on a bulk order rather than everyone deciding on their own they want a Glock. Before the world went batshit the last year plus you could find pretty good deals on police trade-in Glocks, especially in .40.

That being said, if somebody wants to rock out with their Glock out, it's all good by me.

Bownse

Reaction score
A lot are either issued standard sidearms or given an alotment that they can spend. Since most cops aren't gun enthusiasts, they seldom go outside of recommendations/budget. They're popular because they go bang and are cheap. I have a Taurus 85 that could be called both of those.

For me personally, I don't care for them for (one of) the same reasons I don't care for a Sig P226; the grip feels like a 2x4. Other than that, I'd go with the Sig for build quality and craftsmanship (since both are dead-nuts reliable).

Last edited:

Latest Threads