Ideal rate of twist (MLP firearms and shooting thread)

KTM

Reaction score
minimal list. It was interesting watching them learn the ropes so to speak, but after a while it's the same thing over and over. And the female half ends up coming across as a whiner too often for my tastes.

whisky tribe. I watch the saturday posts, but skip the weekday stuff. Once I did a bit of digging and found out that the short guy that calls himself a 'level 3 whisky sommelier" (there is no such thing as a whisky sommelier, it's a scam to take your money) 's actual day job is as a shill for a marketing 'diploma mill' weekend school... Still, the Saturday shenanigans can be pretty funny.

Check out Vise Grip Garage for fun car stuff. I'm impressed he'll drive a car that hasn't run or even turned over in 30 years home after wrenching on it for a couple days.
The Vice Grip Garage guy's work shop/farm is only about 15 miles from my place.

jkes01

Reaction score
When they run out of ideas, they collaborate together. DR, Cleetus, VGG, Finnegan, etc. Makes for good content.

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about Uncle Rob?

Thrill

Reaction score
Demolition Ranch was the first one to come to mind when I saw "youtubers" and "running out of ideas", then you mentioned him first right below.

Like half of the new videos I see of his, he says something about how bad of a video it is. Even he knows. Theres only so much stuff you can test "how much can you shoot it" before it gets old and boring.

pmonk

Reaction score
Looking to purchase a 1866 Yellowboy. Besides Winchester, what are the best replicas being made these days?

Uberti seems like the top brand?

truckermde

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a farm shotgun. I need it to be:

cost effective
user-friendly
pump action
at least 3+1 capacity
long barrel
20 GA (but open to reasons for another size)

Do you have any suggestions? Any practical experience with one you liked/disliked?

Thanks in advance!

scrumm21

Reaction score
I liked the Bersa Thunder .380 ( Duo-Tone ), that I got my GF, so much so that I picked up Another for myself. Came with Veridian already attached.
GF's introduction to shooting was my vintage PP in 7.65 and she absolutely Loved it...thus the Bersa procurement
(she's 64 and 9mm too much for her.... she's fine with .380 )

The replacement rubber grips, with finger notches, that Bersa sells is a nice upgrade.

The PP pop brought back from the war has always been my fav and I really like this Clone
GF likes the longer tang for sure
(I shoot the vintage pp 2-3 times a yr)

Both Bersas.jpg
Bersa 2 grips.jpg
Bersa 2 with laser.jpg
Bersa and Walther.jpg

..that's all I got 4 now............

KTM

Reaction score
I've only shot the "Golden Boy" 22LR but it is very well made and the action is silky smooth.

scott1970

Reaction score
My panel carrier came in today, so I was checking out some guns while at the store. I left with a Glock 43X for $358 and tax. I was then offered two boxes of Federal 147 gr. ball 9mm for $15.99 each. I didn’t need the ammo, and it was at a crazy high price, but I bought it and gave it to a co-worker for the same price.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

cost effective
user-friendly
pump action
at least 3+1 capacity
long barrel

Do you have any suggestions? Any practical experience with one you liked/disliked?

Thanks in advance!

The Remington 870 is going to be hard to beat.

KSG_Standard

Reaction score

cost effective
user-friendly
pump action
at least 3+1 capacity
long barrel

Thanks in advance!

I don't think you can go wrong with an 870. They're inexpensive, reliable, customizable and there are all sorts of parts available for them. I've owned one since I was a kid and have never had a problem with mine. I like 12 gauge personally, but I understand that many folks prefer a 20.

scott1970

Reaction score
Thanks!

My friend made the same suggestion.

:cheers2:
The beater trade-in 870s used to run in the low $200 range. Now they are creeping up to $400 and readily selling at that price. I’m talking about some real dogs, too.

The store I was at earlier had a $159 Shan Dong pump 12 gauge. I know for a fact it worked three times. It was used in a murder suicide (and dog killing) in my jurisdiction a couple of years ago. It was a bloody, meaty mess when the store bought it from my department.

Latest Threads