Ideal rate of twist (MLP firearms and shooting thread)

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
I’ve got more pads and solvent on order. (I’m a Hoppes guy... the pleasing aroma is half the point....)
I’ll need to snag some Q-tips from the wife. Bore snakes in the bottom, rods in the lid, various bore cleaners in the bins.
I might have to throw some cartridges in the bottom to keep the whole thing from tipping over. (Them ol’ tacklebox blues...)

scott1970

Reaction score
Living in California, acquiring a firearm or ammo is an absolute bitch.. one of these lil’ guys popped up on Buds yesterday though, so I snagged it! Can’t wait to pick it up from my FFL.. should be here next week.

View attachment 512014
It’s an Austrian made Gen 3 though.. Pretty stoked.. I’ve wanted a Glock for a looooooong time.

That's a solid choice. Have you owned a 27 before? I've had a couple over the years, and they are really nice Glocks.

sonar1

Reaction score
I’ve got more pads and solvent on order. (I’m a Hoppes guy... the pleasing aroma is half the point....)
I’ll need to snag some Q-tips from the wife. Bore snakes in the bottom, rods in the lid, various bore cleaners in the bins.
I might have to throw some cartridges in the bottom to keep the whole thing from tipping over. (Them ol’ tacklebox blues...)
My dad and I sometimes shot on Sundays, then cleaned the shotguns with Hoppes #9.
Ahhh. The smell of good times. Makes me look forward to cleaning up!

Last edited:

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a solid choice. Have you owned a 27 before? I've had a couple over the years, and they are really nice Glocks.
I have never owned a Glock, but I’ve only heard good things about this model (with the exception of getting used to the small grip).. but, I’m pretty excited.. it came in yesterday, I’m picking it up Saturday morning!

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Agreed! It reminds me of coming home from hunting/shooting with my dad. We always cleaned the guns right away (that day/evening). Great, happy memories.
Exactly this. I was gonna add that. It totally reminds me of cleaning the guns with him. Apparently I never broke down the .22, because I had to YouTube that one. :)

Do you guys put any oil or solvents on the bore snakes?

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I have a mountain of old t-shirts in a bin. They get cut into gun cleaning patches. They get run through (wet and dry) until the come out as clean as they went in.

sonar1

Reaction score
I clean with Hoppes, and use Kroil’s to finish (it’s a penetrating oil that strips out leading and copper residue really well).

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
I am thinking I will offer this guy $500 without the 3 glock mags.....I already own a Ruger SR9 with 7-8 magazines, and you have to change the well to use the 3 glock mags he has.

I think that with the rifle broken down, I can put it and the pistol in a case roughly 20" long, for trips etc. etc????
thoughts?

thoughts?

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I am thinking I will offer this guy $500 without the 3 glock mags.....I already own a Ruger SR9 with 7-8 magazines, and you have to change the well to use the 3 glock mags he has.

I think that with the rifle broken down, I can put it and the pistol in a case roughly 20" long, for trips etc. etc????
thoughts?

thoughts?
Seems fair to me. The rifle is $549 new at Bass Pro shops. In my book (unless he is a retailer) he eats at least 10% depreciation for walking out of the store with "it" (whatever "it" may be).

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Exactly this. I was gonna add that. It totally reminds me of cleaning the guns with him. Apparently I never broke down the .22, because I had to YouTube that one. :)

Do you guys put any oil or solvents on the bore snakes?
For my shotguns - no.

For my pistols and rifles, I have a BS that holds BreakFree and another BS that is dry. When dry one gets dirty enough (about every 3 months), I throw away the wet one and repurpose the dry one to wet duty and get a new dry one.

Rods, patches and such are too much trouble. Bore snakes work fine. I have been using them on my competition firearms and my recreational firearms for years.

Latest Threads