Ideal rate of twist (MLP firearms and shooting thread)

cybermgk

Singin' the body lectric
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I only need correction for reading, and close. My normal progressives are not conducive for shooting. So, I had two choices, upside down progressives or bifocals (SHooters glasses) or multi-focal contact lenses. I went with the multi-focal lenses. No need to shift my head, or view. I see whats up close, and far, no changes in anything.

JonCanfield

Random Yahoo
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I should sell mine. I just plink. I could finance a whole new hobby, maybe.

Funny sidenote. My autocorrect doesn't know the word "Plink", but it knows 'plunk' and 'plonk'.

View attachment 511818
I'm with you there. Bunch of .45, 9mm and .223 I'm not able to get out and use

Reactions: Who

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Badger and Blade
Decent forum... I've got a few B&B limited edition items, including a Brian Brown straight razor.

Ya... got into "wet shaving" because I was tired of spending $40 on cartridges.
GAS exists everywhere... what I've spent on shaving gear could buy a Custom Shop Les Paul :rofl:

My "#1" is the Wacker Gadsden

View attachment 510965

My wife and daughter keep buying me "grooming supplies" that are geared toward that.
I don't have, and can't grow a full lumberjack beard... wouldn't want one if I could.
I've got the goat.
I don't need oil, wax, or special shampoo.

What really cracks me up is hispters wearing glasses without lenses.
Come on... if you want the look, just get some photochromic sunglasses... at least you won't look like a dork.

Probably started when somebody noticed that glasses worn by actors and models frequently have no lenses to control flare and reflections in the shot.
Cremo beard oil smells pretty good.

Seven

Reaction score
Just gonna sit on my stockpile like a chicken on an egg. Hopefully sooner rather than later shelves will start to fill back up and prices come back down.

I do have another shorty coming my way though. :dude:

scott1970

Reaction score
It just dawned on me I could part with some of my primers and buy both of my dream guitars, a vintage JR and 54RI BB, for super cheap based on my initial primer expense. It's actually remotely tempting to sell enough to buy one of them.

cybermgk

Singin' the body lectric
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Just gonna sit on my stockpile like a chicken on an egg. Hopefully sooner rather than later shelves will start to fill back up and prices come back down.

I do have another shorty coming my way though. :dude:
Ditto

JonCanfield

Random Yahoo
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It just dawned on me I could part with some of my primers and buy both of my dream guitars, a vintage JR and 54RI BB, for super cheap based on my initial primer expense. It's actually remotely tempting to sell enough to buy one of them.
I have a feeling in 2-3 years you'd regret it. I don't see things getting better for quite a while. But, I've been pretty pessimistic these days, so who knows

scott1970

Reaction score
I have a feeling in 2-3 years you'd regret it. I don't see things getting better for quite a while. But, I've been pretty pessimistic these days, so who knows
I’m inclined to agree, although I hope I’m mistaken.

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
@scott1970 I with you on the 54 RI BB, was thinking the exact same thing about selling off some ammo after I saw the pic of the 5.56 ammo you bought and the price tag.

scott1970

Reaction score
@scott1970 I with you on the 54 RI BB, was thinking the exact same thing about selling off some ammo after I saw the pic of the 5.56 ammo you bought and the price tag.
I do want one badly, and I swear I’d never want another guitar. I have a killer 54RI gold top, but I need that black beauty.

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Reaction score
Living in California, acquiring a firearm or ammo is an absolute bitch.. one of these lil’ guys popped up on Buds yesterday though, so I snagged it! Can’t wait to pick it up from my FFL.. should be here next week.

9B71818C-3CEC-4308-9889-B66F522B2F88.jpeg

It’s an Austrian made Gen 3 though.. Pretty stoked.. I’ve wanted a Glock for a looooooong time.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I only need correction for reading, and close. My normal progressives are not conducive for shooting. So, I had two choices, upside down progressives or bifocals (SHooters glasses) or multi-focal contact lenses. I went with the multi-focal lenses. No need to shift my head, or view. I see whats up close, and far, no changes in anything.
My old man has the upside down bifocals. He swears by them.

I have contacts (right for near, left (dominant eye) for distance) and I shoot lefty. Wing shooting is no problem because I barely even know the gun is there (not really looking at the sight so much as the bird). Open iron sights and scopes took a little adjustment but not much.

sonar1

Reaction score
I measured my pistol stance to the front sight and had glasses made for focus at thirty inches.
”Oh, computer glasses?”
”Sure.”

They were OK, but only useful for actual shooting.
Everything else, like taping targets or loading magazines: worthless!

I don’t use them. My distance grind (top) suffices. Not perfect but I’ve learned to get the blurry light gap equal on both sides of the blade on the front sight. I do OK.

CB91710

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I measured my pistol stance to the front sight and had glasses made for focus at thirty inches.
”Oh, computer glasses?”
”Sure.”
My vision is just fine at 24-48 inches. Distance isn't bad during the daylight, but my night focus is pretty bad.
It's up closer than 24 where I need something to help with fine print, so I honestly rarely wear my glasses except when driving at night, or detail work.
Of course, every time I decide to do something on one of the guitars, I'll leave my glasses downstairs... but I do have a pair of readers upstairs.

My last CCW qualification was a challenge though. New glasses, and I didn't realize it at the time, but because of my diabetes, my vision was changing constantly.
Of course, wanting to avoid the weekend crowd at the Sheriff's range, I scheduled for a Tuesday evening instead of a weekend.
Ya.. that was a mistake.
By the time it was my turn to shoot, it was dark, and I was backlighted, so the target itself was moderately bright, but the dark background had my irisis all the way open and I couldn't see shit.
The target was not a new one, so it already had a bunch of holes. I honestly think I pulled every one of those shots and put all 30 rounds through the target's left shoulder... and the RO signed off because he thought I did it intentionally on a clear portion of the target.

Ya... Next time, it's yellow shooting glasses day or night.

Latest Threads