Ideal rate of twist (MLP firearms and shooting thread)

sonar1

Reaction score
Not gun related....sorry....

This little dog was walking down my road today. We're going to get her back to health and take care of her.

No tag. No chip. Skin, fur, teeth, and nails in really bad shape.

She’s an old lady. I got her in to get the nails cut. They were curled and an inch beyond her paws. She’s been neglected for a while.

She’s in a warm garage tonight...
Good on ya mate! :dude::applause:

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Light gun ain’t no fun mochine, mang...

Reactions: Who

JonCanfield

Random Yahoo
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

This little dog was limping down my road today. We're going to get her back to health and take care of her.

She’s an old lady. I got her in to get the nails cut. They were curled and an inch beyond her paws. She’s been neglected for a while.

She’s in a warm garage tonight (outside temp freezing). She is very polite and not skittish at all so far.

View attachment 510566
Good for you. I wish more people were like that, the world would be a hell of a lot better place

scott1970

Reaction score
My .45-70 kicked the shit out of me. 6-7 rounds and I was done for the day.
Recoil never used to bother me. Still doesn’t much in hand guns.

12ga shotgun is fine.
My rifle is now .223. That’ll have to do.

Get some 405 gr. bullets and put them on nine grains of Unique. Mild, comfortable shooting rounds that still have plenty of stopping power.

Tone deaf

Reaction score

This little dog was limping down my road today. We're going to get her back to health and take care of her.

She’s in a warm garage tonight (outside temp freezing). She is very polite and not skittish at all so far.

View attachment 510566
I'm going to say that dog probably should not go back to her 'owner.'

Bownse

Reaction score
Not super young anymore. 47 in a few weeks. Used to have eyes like a fighter pilot, now it’s readers for everything.
Nearly 66 here. Things didn't start really changing until about 60 or so. Right eye astigmatism means cross-dominate for pistols and getting cock-blocker-specs in the army. At 64 I got cataract surgery that corrected most of it but they misunderstood and set tge right for far and left for close. derp!

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Nearly 66 here. Things didn't start really changing until about 60 or so. Right eye astigmatism means cross-dominate for pistols and getting cock-blocker-specs in the army. At 64 I got cataract surgery that corrected most of it but they misunderstood and set tge right for far and left for close. derp!
We called them birth control glasses.
They sure were fugly.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was good growing up....until I tried to rip the ass end fin on that old Ford station wagon off at a high rate of speed.....with my face.... When I got my sight back in my right eye, so I could not see much with it either, had to wear farking Firestarters for years until eye surgery advanced...

Latest Threads