Ideal rate of twist (MLP firearms and shooting thread)

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Galco front pocket leather for my AMT.380...

Similar to this.

1605634316295.jpeg

a Mad Cow

Reaction score
I have the Galco front pocket leather for my AMT.380...
yeah I've got a sticky holster basically the same thing.

I won't use it anymore with my LCP 2 - went full kydex. LCP 2 has no safety and light 5.5lb SA trigger , didn't want any accidents

CB91710

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
CA is closer to "you want a what?" than May Issue. Hell, they don't even acknowledge applications in Santa Clara county. And that's in spite of the DA indicting for only political donors to the sheriff getting permits
All depends on the county.
There are 53 counties, and there's really only a handful (that represent over half of the population) that won't issue.
My county is pretty much "shall issue"... you just need to articulate an intelligent "good cause" statement and be of good moral character. They used to accept "Personal protection", but now they want you to flesh that out to a paragraph... explain concerns about how your neighborhood is not as good as it used to be, worried about felons being released, etc....
Some counties want some kind of "out of the ordinary" good cause, but are still pretty loose on verification. Most of it is just CYA in the event the state ever pulls an audit.
The #1 reason for rejection in my county is monkey business on the residency... people who live in LA, but have a cabin in Big Bear, so they apply in San Bernardino. Ya... the detective visits the "residence" and finds out that they are only there for summer weekends and ski trips.

But the catch is that a permit is not valid for everything we own. I can carry a G30SF, Shield, and P380. I have to requalify every 2 years and take an 8 hour class.
Qualification? 5 yards, 5 rounds, reload, 5 rounds, 8 out of 10 in the upper torso.
Ya... if I had a bayonet I could have poked the holes in the target and passed.

scott1970

Reaction score
We have a mom and pop gun store in town which has been opened for a couple of years. I've never visited it, but the guys at work say the owner manages to keep ammo coming in when no one else can. I went in yesterday, and sure enough there were stacks of ammo in a variety of calibers. She had more 9mm than any other caliber. It was some off brand 147 gr. hollow point for $50 for a box of fifty. She even had an AR chambered in 350 Legend...if Henry ever makes one it's mine.

Before I left she put a box of 9mm HP and a box of 35 Remington in a bag and stuck it in my hands. She said it was on the house because of her support of law enforcement. It took a bit to convince her I couldn't take it simply because I didn't need it, but she eventually took it back.

In other news, I believe I've finally resolved the recurring problem with the Glock 30S. I bought a regular 30 yesterday. :laugh2:

a Mad Cow

Reaction score
Todays EDC:

S&W M&P Shield 45

n8 tactical professional holster

Sig v crown 45 ACP

7 oclock carry (lefty)

Have to be careful where I wear it because it exposes itself often in my clothin when my shirts ride up.

Hopefully never have to use it.

shield 45.jpg

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I didn't see this coming!

My wife is a shopper..... Shoes, jewelry, Victoria Secret bras, etc. I can now add guns to the list.

She just bought ANOTHER Sig P238. It's a beautiful two-tone & rosewood SAS. The SAS is a custom shop model. These things are as bad as guitars, and just as expensive!!

So she now has a Canik TP9 Elite Combat, Sig P238 rainbow titanium & rosewood, and the new SAS.

@CB91710 I'm holding you responsible as it was you who turned her onto the P238.

2020-11-18_17-50-26.jpg

2020-11-18_17-49-35.jpg

Last edited:

JonCanfield

Reality is over rated
Reaction score
I didn't see this coming!

My wife is a shopper..... Shoes, jewelry, Victoria Secret bras, etc. I can now add guns to the list.

She just bought ANOTHER Sig P238. It's a beautiful two-tone & rosewood SAS. The SAS is a custom shop model. These things are as bad as guitar, nd just as expensive!!

So she now has a Canik TP9 Elite Combat, Sig P238 rainbow titanium & rosewood, and the new SAS.

@CB91710 I'm holding you responsible as it was you who turned her onto the P238.

View attachment 500614
Very nice. That girl is a keeper!

scott1970

Reaction score
1605978221304.jpeg

A local church was having a huge yard sale for area Boy Scouts today. I scored this Dillon tumbler for $15. Had it not been a Boy Scout benefit I would have haggled them down a few bucks.

Latest Threads