Ideal rate of twist (MLP firearms and shooting thread)

CB91710

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know requirements for shipping ammo? I know UPS ground can do it with proper packaging and labeling, but it’s not clear whether or not a license is also required.
It depends on the state.
California is of course California, but it's only an issue for the buyers.
Commercial ammo is not a problem... standard ORM-D ground shipping, typically UPS.
Selling your own reloads DOES require an FFL-06.

JonCanfield

Random Yahoo
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm thinking about selling some of the S&B 9mm I have stocked up. Now that I'm doing my own reloading, I'm not as concerned about having 1600 or so rounds of commercial around. Thought maybe I'd sell 500 or so

CB91710

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm thinking about selling some of the S&B 9mm I have stocked up. Now that I'm doing my own reloading, I'm not as concerned about having 1600 or so rounds of commercial around. Thought maybe I'd sell 500 or so
You're not in CA, are you?
If so, no more than 499, and it has the transfer through a dealer, I assume that does not apply if you ship it out of state.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Unless you plan on joining in with the price gougers, to capitalize on the shortage, why bother?

Ten boxes of 9mm at reasonable prices is about $100 - $120. Maybe a few pennies more.

Keep it as a reserve.

JonCanfield

Random Yahoo
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless you plan on joining in with the price gougers, to capitalize on the shortage, why bother?

Ten boxes of 9mm at reasonable prices is about $100 - $120. Maybe a few pennies more.

Keep it as a reserve.
Not interested in making bucks, maybe Feel a little guilty about having more than I need? I don’t know, just rambling

MiniB

Reaction score
If 1600 is all you have of it, I'd definitely keep it around even if you're reloading more. We may be looking at another year or more still. Or...maybe could use it to barter if things really go straight to hell.

Bownse

Reaction score
I am in CA. I would only sell out of state to avoid the dealer & hassle involved with that
Have you considered moving? ;)

Not interested in making bucks, maybe Feel a little guilty about having more than I need? I don’t know, just rambling
Guilt is an emotion best left for dead on the side of the road. It's the emotion most abused by those wanting to control your choices.

Last edited:

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
Please let me know where you are buying 9mm for $100 per 500....I will buy 5000 rounds now.

FYI prices are coming down, but not that much...I don't know what you mean by "reasonable prices", but they were not $10 per box before all of this.

I did see some .380 today for .60 per round...didn't buy it, but that is better than $1 per round.

Keep it as a reserve.

Last edited:

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Please let me know where you are buying 9mm for 100 per 500.
Even that is too high.... here's an order that I placed a while ago from TargetSports.com

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 2.59.28 PM.png

Today, the prices that some dealers are charging is fucking criminal. Yet, the sheep are paying it. Here's an ad I got in my email today for the same damn ammo from Classicirearms.com.

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 3.04.45 PM.png

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
you are correct about price gouging...after seeing what cheaperthandirt has done, they will NEVER get another penny from me.

thanks @SteveC I am going to go look right now.

Edit: Like everything else, that 9mm is not in stock....matter of fact, they (target sports) don't have much of anything.

that order was 2 years ago....again, those prices don't amount to anything right now....they were also not that price before this happened.

Last edited:

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
you are correct about price gouging...after seeing what cheaperthandirt has done, they will NEVER get another penny from me.

thanks @SteveC I am going to go look right now.

Edit: Like everything else, that 9mm is not in stock....matter of fact, they (target sports) don't have much of anything.

that order was 2 years ago....again, those prices don't amount to anything right now....they were also not that price before this happened.
Correct... there is no 9mm or 223 mmo in stock at TargetSports. There hasn't been in a long time.

My order for that 9mm was from 2018, but yes, that price was the exact same price last year (it actually went down a tiny bit in the fall of 2019 on some of the 9mm brands) before all of this started. I prefer Fiocchi for my match ammo. I have been paying that price, plus or minus $20 for years.

Here's a Wolf Gold order that I received from them, right before the madness started. I have been paying that price, plus or minus $20 from TargetSports for years.

I think they are the best bulk ammo supplier out there. Customer service is the best. Prices (including free shipping on full cases) are the best. And, until this shit happened, availability of brands/calibers/loads was the best.

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 3.54.34 PM.png

Latest Threads