Ideal rate of twist (MLP firearms and shooting thread)

Dun Ringill

Shall not be infringed
Premium Member
Reaction score
They really are. We have the big box stores too, but I like Ace. It's awesome to be able to buy a Sthill chainsaw, a Sig pistol, and some particular size machine screws all in one place, while being fed free fresh popcorn and local jerky, and dealing directly with the owner's family, who have direct experience with all of it. A rare gem of a find, these days!
I have been short-changed!

Reactions: Who

Teledan

Reaction score
If it's the same Bucks Ace I know of, that place is awesome! Ace is the place :) The couple Ace stores near me are the only places where I can find stainless metric fasteners. Very helpful when working on old Japanese motorcycles and Land Rovers.

The Cabelas near me had the P365 for $399 on Black Friday. No holster or extra mags though. Still, I should have bought one.

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Possibly worth mentioning is that Sig has quietly redesigned the P365 at least three times since its release only about 2 years ago (without product model / name changes) due to problems with the striker, striker spring, trigger group, ejector and night sights.

Those problems with the early ones are the only reason I waited this long. I've had my eye on one since the first prototypes but (wisely, it turns out) waited for them to prove themselves reliable. I'm a big fan of the LC9S Pro and the P365 is like a hugely upgraded version of it. Just a hair smaller, but with the same barrel length, longer sight radius, higher grip, better trigger, 5 more rounds (how do they do that magic?!) and factory night sights.

For anyone considering one, they have a "born on" date on the side of the box. Get one with a recent date for the latest and most reliable version. :thumb:

Who

I'm back. Back in the New York groove.
Reaction score
I just bought one of these because they are on sale, anyone have any experience with these triggers?

I got the flat one just because I want to see if I like a flat trigger.
Mine arrived today. It's installed in my M&P 15-22.

Pro:
  • $83 and came with a free Aero Precision field repair kit (spare AR parts)
  • Comes with the Allen-key anti-rotation pins
  • Easy install
  • Better trigger pull than "mil-spec"
  • Legit 3.5 lb pull. On my scale, it trips at 3.4-3.5 every time.

Con:
  • Creep

If shooting fast or range-plinking, you'll never notice. If prepping the trigger for a precision shot... you'll feel it.

It doesn't advertise itself as a precision trigger, so no complaint. BUT.... I got a Timney for only $20 more that is a better trigger.

@$83, is it the best trigger upgrade for the money? Maybe. But with the competition being only $20 more (during the sales) I wouldn't buy one of these again for anything except a "budget" gun.

I hear @SteveC now.... "buy once, cry once". I blame thank Steve for getting me to try out aftermarket triggers, though.

Last edited:

Teledan

Reaction score
Thanks for the review Who, I should be getting mine tomorrow. I won’t be able to install it for a least a few weeks, unfortunately.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Mine arrived today. It's installed in my M&P 15-22.

Pro:
  • $83 and came with a free Aero Precision field repair kit (spare AR parts)
  • Comes with the allen-key anti-rotation pins
  • Easy install
  • Better trigger pull than "mil-spec"
  • Legit 3.5 lb pull. On my scal, it trips at 3.4-3.5 every time.

Con:
  • Creep

If shooting fast or range-plinking, you'll never notice. If prepping the trigger for a precision shot... you'll feel it.

It doesn't advertise itself as a precision trigger, so no complaint. BUT.... I got a Timney for only $20 more that is a better trigger.

@$83, is it the best trigger upgrade for the money? Maybe. But with the competition being only $20 more (during the sales) I wouldn't buy one of these again for anything except a "budget" gun.

I hear @SteveC now.... "buy once, cry once". I blame thank Steve for getting me to try out aftermarket triggers, though.
Agreed... the ones I know of are in 15-22's that used for Steel Challenge, where the need is for a lighter pull, shorter reset -- facilitating quick, rapid fire shooting. It's a good, cheap trigger for the purpose.

The problem with all of the cassette-type triggers in the 15-22 is the 15-22's polymer lower. You have to be careful with how hard you tighten the trigger set screws. You don't want to have too much upward pressure on the trigger pins. That will elongate the trigger pin holes over time, essentially ruining the lower.

In the spirit of buy once.... I run Geissle SSA E's in all my AR platforms. That two stage trigger gives me the smooth feel, along with a clean, creep-free break for precise work. And, you just pull straight through both stages for rapid fire needs. But, it comes at a price, though. Cry once

Who

I'm back. Back in the New York groove.
Reaction score
The Rise Armament doesn’t instruct you to use the setscrews, even though it has them. It just has the threaded pins. Which, of course, are too short on the 15-22, but that’s not the fault of the trigger.

Actually, the trigger comes with no instructions at all. It tells you to go to a website for instructions, but that site doesn’t exist.

I installed mine just using the pins. Seemed solid enough to not worry about using the setscrews.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It should be good, but keep an eye out for the pins walking. If they do, put a bit of blue loctite on the set screws and tighten them down just enough, to where you start to feel resistance.

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've found I really like the Hiperfire trigger system and think I might replace all my Velocity drop-ins with them.

I only put the Velocitys in last winter and hardly used three of them. If they would be a benefit to anyone here, reach out. I think I even still have all the original packaging for all four of them. They are these, in particular (3lb): https://velocitytriggers.com/product/classic-ar-trigger-curved/

Bownse

Reaction score
+1 on liking my Timney on my PR (Calvin Elite).

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gotta say - the Sig molded holster is pretty worthless. As an IWB, it doesn't stay put, the hooks don't stay on the belt and like to twist, and it's pretty uncomfortable for me. As an OWB, well, I wouldn't know because the thin little belt slot doesn't allow for the thickness of a single belt I own.

Looking forward to getting the Crossbreed I ordered but I imagine it will be a few weeks after all the holiday sales.

• Sad

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Crossbreed makes very good holsters. I have an IWB for my 19.

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everytime I read an article about someone blasting themselves in the leg or the butt while holstering, unholstering, adjusting their holster, etc. it's always a nylon holster that gets bunched up in the trigger guard.

I'm sure they work great, at least until they don't. I just personally opt for something stiffer.