Ideal rate of twist (MLP firearms and shooting thread)

scott1970

Reaction score
Crossbreed makes very good holsters. I have an IWB for my 19.

Some years ago I stumbled across Theis Holsters, and it's the only holster I use for IWB and I wear it all the time off duty. Fifty bucks delivered to your door...at least it was when I purchased my last one.

scott1970

Reaction score
they still are.......how well does the "tuck" feature work @scott1970 ?

Very well in my experience. I wear a full size Glock to church using the tuck feature. Although there is a bulge, folks don’t seem to notice. My wife says it’s not noticeable. I’ll say this, it is easier to properly tuck the shirt over the gun and into the pants with the aid of a spouse.

Bownse

Reaction score
My point is not burn somebody... rather to understand it always boils down to somebody messed up in some form. Always.
It took me a while to get my daughter to understand that I wasn't picking on her personally when asking the hard questions about the time she rear ended someone. Without understanding the details of what happened (dispationately) we can't learn from that mistake and avoid a repeat.

The move from AD to ND was for this reason too. If things are classified as accidents, they are often discarded without learning from the event (Hey! Accidents happen!).

It's something motorcycle riders do if they stay around long enough.

As for holsters, it's not IWB but I've been using a strong-side by Comp-Tac (early adopters of Kidex) and it's still going strong after something like 20 years.

Last edited:

LocoTex

Reaction score
You simply cannot shoot yourself holstering your gun with a Sticky holster. Since it is soft you have to remove it to holster your gun. Makes for a much safer IWB holster.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score
50 YO scotch?

that's a capital offense. You can NOT let that man get away.

How 'bout he accidentally walks into an accidental barbed spike at accidentally-installed eye-level?

Or how about your accidental boot up his accidental ass? well gee-whiz, how did dat get dere?

I'd say he owes you about 50 years of yard work.

Whut hat hatten wuz......

:squint:

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
FWIW - I came to a solution for BUIS on my ACOG rifle. Rather than the angled sights, I put on a set of super light Bobro Lowrider flip ups and replaced the ACOG mount with a Midwest Industries QD mount.

I actually lost weight on it by doing that, as the MI QD mount is so much lighter than the factory ACOG mount it makes up for the sights. :thumb:

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
FWIW - I came to a solution for BUIS on my ACOG rifle. Rather than the angled sights, I put on a set of super light Bobro Lowrider flip ups and replaced the ACOG mount with a Midwest Industries QD mount.

I actually lost weight on it by doing that, as the MI QD mount is so much lighter than the factory ACOG mount it makes up for the sights. :thumb:
Great solution.

I have a Burris QD on my Vortex 1-6X. When I shoot a stage/match requiring iron sights only, I just take off the scope and flip up the BUIS.

When I reattach the scope, it's pretty damn close to zero, +/- an MOA, or two. Certainly good enough for all my use cases.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
After a day of sighting in the Saturday after Thanksgiving, I pined away lustfully for one of these:

tool.jpg

For I had plum forgotten about that damn AR 15 front sight adjustment.

You should have seen me pickin' and scratchin' at that damn ol' thing.

"tip of a cartridge" my Irish ass. The damn thing is as tough and tedious to adjust as it always was.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score
After a day of sighting in the Saturday after Thanksgiving, I pined away lustfully for one of these:

View attachment 425809

For I had plum forgotten about that damn AR 15 front sight adjustment.

You should have seen me pickin' and scratchin' at that damn ol' thing.

"tip of a cartridge" my Irish ass. The damn thing is as tough and tedious to adjust as it always was.

Makes a pain in the ass much easier.. Some rifles are easy, some tighter'n hell...

I have an old preban Colt Sporter Target in my gun safe because my bud was convinced it wouldn't print.....
He sold it to me dirt cheap with the orig box and stuff..... Cheeeeeeeeeeap........
I knew damn well tweren't no way it wouldn't print....
I bought it, took it out to the club, FIred one round from benchrest.... Front post screwed full travel....
He forgot the 'adjust the farking post first' part.....
I took him a target after sighting in.....
He asked which rifle.... :cool:

I just could not fathom an AR platform not printing. Some print better'n others but the design is inherently accurate with consistent ammo....

I maintain the M1 Garand and Gene's AR are the two easiest to aim and thus naturally accurate platforms ever designed....

Seen and shot multiple Garands that were well shot and ragged out a good bit....and STILL held 10 at 100yrds......haven't seen even ONE that wouldn't....

Bownse

Reaction score
Great solution.

I have a Burris QD on my Vortex 1-6X. When I shoot a stage/match requiring iron sights only, I just take off the scope and flip up the BUIS.

When I reattach the scope, it's pretty damn close to zero, +/- an MOA, or two. Certainly good enough for all my use cases.
I went the other way. I just moved to a Spuhr, cantilevered. QD monoblock mount. Heavier than the one I replaced but hella-stout.

I just could not fathom an AR platform not printing. Some print better'n others but the design is inherently accurate with consistent ammo....
This is exactly why it was 35 years after the last time I handled my standard-issue M16A1 before I got my first civvy AR. Awful (but it rocked-and-rolled with their ammo... at the expense of time cleaning). First qualifying in Basic was so fast (for me) that I spent all day on the bleachers boored out of my head. Went to turn it in to the armoror, at the end of the day, and he noticed they had issued me the wrong SSN. Swapped rifles the next day and had to re-qualify. Damned thing wouldn't keep a group for nothing. At least I got to spend all day shooting. Unfortunately, I want to do well, so was very frustrated. Compared to the city boys, us rurals had things tied up in a bow in short order (usually). It wasn't a zip gun so the NYC fellers didn't do as well. I finally qualified and at the end of the day had cleaning patches coming out BROWN! Seems it was either pre-chrome lining (something the A1 was support to have fixed) or the bbl was shot out. But I did eventually qualify with a rifle that even insurgent guerillas would have hated.

Last edited:

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
News from Glock today... You can have a 22lr Glock.

View attachment 425847
I like Glocks and all, and I think it's cool that they have a .22LR, but it stinks that they are married to that sequential numerical naming convention. I keep waiting for Glock to come out with a square AR 5.56 rifle and name it the "Glock 762" (I'd still want it).

It's kinda like my Marshall 1959 from 1969.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
A Glock in .22lr? Ugh!

That reminds me of all of those conversion slides to "turn your Glock into a .22". Many/most/all of them never worked. And the argument that you could train on your platform, using cheaper ammo... hmmmm..... nope. I call BS on that. Completely different characteristics.

Now, Glock releases their own .22lr? great example of coming up with a solution to a problem that never existed.

Reactions: Who

Latest Threads