Ideal rate of twist (MLP firearms and shooting thread)

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
lol...I own several LP's worth a lot of $$$ and I am a drummer, so........

:D

so I am going to get it today at 4PM..

FWIW, I have been wanting to try one for EDC....don't get me wrong, I love my Sig P230SL (both of them, actually) and I am really confident with my shot placement etc. etc.

But somewhere in the back of my mind, I have that nagging thought of "I sure do wish I was carrying 9mm instead of .380".

I will bet that if I had to actually use either of them that you would not be able to ask the recipients which was worse between the two........so in the end, I do know it really does not make a big difference.

But I also like toys.....

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can buy the X-grip mag extensions separate.....does the one for the 238 also fit the 938?

I use x-grips on several of my magazines but it seems as if you have to buy the entire mag if you want the extension?

IMG_1553.JPG

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
FYI......wonder if they are going to cut any deals????

Walmart ends all handgun ammunition sales and asks customers not to carry guns into stores
The company, America's largest retailer, said it will stop selling handgun ammunition and "short-barrel rifle ammunition," such as the .223 caliber and 5.56 caliber, that can also be used on assault-style weapons after selling all of its current inventory.

They just thought I despised them before......hell if they really care, don’t wait to sell the inventory, pull it now and take the loss....aren’t the lives they will save worth it?

Dun Ringill

Premium Member
Reaction score
FYI......wonder if they are going to cut any deals????

Walmart ends all handgun ammunition sales and asks customers not to carry guns into stores
The company, America's largest retailer, said it will stop selling handgun ammunition and "short-barrel rifle ammunition," such as the .223 caliber and 5.56 caliber, that can also be used on assault-style weapons after selling all of its current inventory.

They just thought I despised them before......hell if they really care, don’t wait to sell the inventory, pull it now and take the loss....aren’t the lives they will save worth it?
Evidently, they have forgotten that an armed citizen prevented a tragedy in one of their stores a couple weeks ago. No shots fired!

Dun Ringill

Premium Member
Reaction score
That does change the face of that. No wonder it disappeared from the news so quickly.

I don't fault the fireman for apprehending him. The fire alarm had been pulled by the manager so I could see misinterpreting the threat level. You are correct about him being a douche, though. 'Social experiment' gone wrong. They are actually gonna charge him with a terrorist threat.

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
I think it goes to show exactly who the are...if you read closely they are not going to quit carrying hand-gun and “short barrel” rifle ammo (whatever the FVCK that is) until they have SOLD ALL EXISTING STOCK!!

Yeah, they really care about the people alright....why not just dump it now and take the loss in the interest of saving lives???

Enquiring minds and all that........

Bownse

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
I've never had or used a Sig that wasn't functionally flawless. How it feels in your hand is the only question.

Last edited:

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
It feels great with the x-grip extension on the mag (as to why I was inquiring about buying just the extension for the 2nd mag....came fro the factory with one extension and one with no extension??).....but I also have not fired it yet.

going to try and make that happen before my studio session tonight.

Dun Ringill

Premium Member
Reaction score
I feel the same way about my Shield. The 8rd mag just fits my hand better than the 7. First thing I did was get a couple more 8's.

pinefd

V.I.P. Member
Premium Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can buy the X-grip mag extensions separate.....does the one for the 238 also fit the 938?

I use x-grips on several of my magazines but it seems as if you have to buy the entire mag if you want the extension?

View attachment 404053
Congrats on the new P938! I came very close to buying one, myself, until I discovered the P365, which I love. But I'm sure I would have been quite happy with the 938 as well. Enjoy!

Frank

KP

Reaction score
I feel the same way about my Shield. The 8rd mag just fits my hand better than the 7. First thing I did was get a couple more 8's.
Not me. The Shield still does not feel right in my hand even with the Hogue grip. My CZs have felt right from the day I first picked them up.

Bownse

Silver Supporter
Reaction score

I know the intent is to have less printing when carrying concealed. The grip length is the hardest part to conceal.

GunMonkeyINTL

Reaction score
It feels great with the x-grip extension on the mag (as to why I was inquiring about buying just the extension for the 2nd mag....came fro the factory with one extension and one with no extension??).....but I also have not fired it yet.

going to try and make that happen before my studio session tonight.
Unfortunately, no.
The 938/238 mags have welded floorplates, like a 1911. That extended magazine you have is actually a 7-rounder, as opposed to the mag-well-flush 6-rounder. The magazine body of the extended one is longer.

You can slide the pinky extension off your 7rd mag and compare it to your 6rd, and see what I mean.

I have a P938 that I bought from Sig. It is the Xtreme model, and came in the “blue label” LE package with an extra mag. I paid just shy of $500 for it 5-6 years ago, direct from Sig on a VIP-type deal, so your $400 for a used/not-used one is a smoking good deal.

Like @pinefd , my EDC is now a 365, but my 938 is never going to be sold. It sits in a John Micah pocket holster on my bench in the basement, where I work on guns and guitars, in quick reach if I have to run out to one of the barns or the chicken coop.

If you’re interested, the P290 comes with flush-fit 7rd, and extended 8rd mags that are the same basic construction as a P938. My wife’s EDC is a P290, and I have confirmed reliable function with one of her 8rd mags. It sticks out the magwell, gangsta-style, with no proper “extension”, but it does work.