Ideal rate of twist (MLP firearms and shooting thread)

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
Is there a good way to buy slightly larger pins for my AR upper and lower connection?

It appears that both are a touch small.

Who

I'm back. Back in the New York groove.
Reaction score
You can use one of these to tighten things up, but it's really not needed.

1565362237465.png

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
Also.... you can get ARs new for $300 these days, if you don't want to mess with that one.

Buy the upper and lower separately. $280 + shipping + FFL fee.... OK a little over $300.

Palmetto State Armory.

View attachment 398463
I can list out all the stuff on this one. I could have gotten better for less. My buddy didn't do me any favors on this build :/

Jeeze, I spent almost as much on a bcm bcg as that complete upper a few years back. It’s crazy how cheap they’ve gotten.
Same here. I do like my BCM bcg though.

smk506

Reaction score
As a proper initiation into the suppressor club, Rob is mandated to walk around the house alternately screaming ‘BANG BANG BANG’ at the top of his voice and then whispering ‘pew pew pew’ into his new toy for at least 15 solid minutes. :D

Dun Ringill

Premium Member
Reaction score
Also.... you can get ARs new for $300 these days, if you don't want to mess with that one.

Buy the upper and lower separately. $280 + shipping + FFL fee.... OK a little over $300.

Palmetto State Armory.

View attachment 398463
I ordered a pistol parts kit with a complete upper from them. Just waiting on the lower receiver to get here so I can put it together!

45WinMag

Reaction score
Barrel nut tightened and gas system installed on the .308 pistol. It's complete.

I had to cut away a section of support on the rail because it covered the gas block screws. Used a cutting wheel and file, then touched up with Alumablack and paint (scuffed the paint a little so the black shows through in order to blend it in with the rest of the rail).

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well... I'll be hearing what .270 Winchester sounds like while passing through the ol' muffler...

No way to disguise the loud crack of a bullet as it passes into supersonic flight... but the gas explosion farting out the barrel will be muted somewhat.

This is my first suppressor, and I've never actually worked with suppressors or have even seen any of them being fired while in the military or as a L.E.O. and so honestly, I'm not sure what to expect myself.

But I do know what to expect while firing .300 BLK subsonic rounds... just kind of a loud pop.

One guy told me that it might seem to me that the action cycling or the bullet hitting a hard target will be louder than the report of the gunshot itself.

Time will tell! :dunno:

--R :D

A bud of mine's high dollar Kimber .22LR rifle, can'd, with subs was cool....

You could actually hear how loud the actual trigger assembly was and the sub round going down range was the extremely soft whine of fishing line going through the eyes when casting with a bait caster bass reel.... If you weren't listening for it, you would never hear it as it is so subtle.....

Same can'd rifle with ballistic rounds is actually weird. The ballistic crack seems to come from down range and echo back....about the only way I can describe it. It does NOT sound like it occurred at bench... Weird.....

Shot a can'd Ingram...anticlimactic at the least... I don't much care for RnR and machine pistols are interesting for about a sec to me.... I'd rather shoot my Mk II at grasshoppers or dispatch water mocs or something....

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
This whole thing has been fun to watch man, thanks and congratulations!!

Barrel nut tightened and gas system installed on the .308 pistol. It's complete.

I had to cut away a section of support on the rail because it covered the gas block screws. Used a cutting wheel and file, then touched up with Alumablack and paint (scuffed the paint a little so the black shows through in order to blend it in with the rest of the rail).

scott1970

Reaction score
The owner of Liberty Suppressors has come to my range to shoot a couple of times, and he has brought some fun stuff. One time he brought a rough looking, old WWII Russian PPS 43 sub machine. Of all the machine guns that have visited over the years, that was one of my favorites.

He brought a suppressed .308 quiet enough to hear the bullets whack trees.

45WinMag

Reaction score
The owner of Liberty Suppressors has come to my range to shoot a couple of times, and he has brought some fun stuff. One time he brought a rough looking, old WWII Russian PPS 43 sub machine. Of all the machine guns that have visited over the years, that was one of my favorites.

He brought a suppressed .308 quiet enough to hear the bullets whack trees.
I have a Liberty Kodiak .22. Great can.

Reactions: Who

Teledan

Reaction score

I’d love to see the ball of fire that comes out of that thing. Nice work!