Ideal rate of twist (MLP firearms and shooting thread)

MSB

Reaction score
I've done it recreationally from the passenger side of a Jeep with no top or doors on. Lance and I occasionally will take turns driving the Jeep in circles on the range, and the passenger will try to hit the various man targets. It's all kinds of fun and difficult. I give mad props to all those gangbangers who make it look so easy!
I bet you weren't holding your piece sideways.... problem solved.

Hamtone

Reaction score
I've done it recreationally from the passenger side of a Jeep with no top or doors on. Lance and I occasionally will take turns driving the Jeep in circles on the range, and the passenger will try to hit the various man targets. It's all kinds of fun and difficult. I give mad props to all those gangbangers who make it look so easy!
Open top its not so bad. Inside a hardback hummer, the "ring" is crazy

LocoTex

Reaction score
Nice shooting! Looks like the CZs are the more accurate.

KP

Reaction score
Nice shooting! Looks like the CZs are the more accurate.
Barrel length 3.1 on the Shield, 3.75 and 4.6 respectively on the CZs. Plus the CZ are all steel. The course goes from 15 yards to 3 yards all timed with magazine changes.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I always love your target posts, KP.... nice shooting, as usual! I think your re-cert is done deal!

GibsonKramer

The Three G's
Premium Member
Reaction score
Woo hoo! (I can say woo hoo, I'm holding a .357 :laugh2: teehee... mofos! :naughty:)

The day is here!

Finally picked up my new sweetheart. Took her home. Got her undressed... slipped into something more comfortable...

I'll eventually give the stock grip a chance. My main beef, is its very narrow. The profile is very similar to a 1911. It feels like you're holding a 1911... except you've got that heft of a revolver. I'm not particularly fond of that.

So I threw the Hogue on. I'm liking it. Hope to get to the range next week.

I call this set... "Trust me... The guitars aren't worth it."

Last edited:

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I received a notice in the mail today from my county sheriff, informing me that my License to Carry Permit is expiring in July. PA calls it a LTC, not a Concealed Carry (CCW). Same thing.

So, it was a beautiful day. The sun was shining. I had the radio on. I was driving... up to the County Courthouse to renew it for another 5 years (where did the time go?).

I was dreading the endless wait and the bureaucratically (think union) slow gov't employees who I had to interface with to process my renewal. Ugh.

But, in the end, I was there for only 15 minutes. I filled out the form and handed it to them with a $20 bill and took a seat, expecting to see the next ice age before leaving. Five minutes later, I was called up to get my picture taken and sent back to my seat. Another five minutes and a deputy sheriff came out with my permit and handed it to me, shaking my hand & sending me on my way.

I really feel sorry for those of you in states where it is an enormous process (classes, tests, live fire, scheduling of weapons (PR of Cali) -- just to exercise your rights. And, even more sorry for those in stares like NJ, NY, where you have no rights at all.

But, all that aside, I'm good for another five years!

My wife's permit expires in OCT. What are the odds that it goes that smoothly for her??? LOL :naughty:

smk506

Reaction score
That sounds nice and easy Steve. Tennessee isn’t too bad, but we do have an 8 hour class and live fire test for the initial application, no follow up class for renewals. We also got a lifetime permit option a couple years back which is nice.

We suck for leosa though. Yearly 8 hour class and live fire test.

I think we also have a secondary permit that Folks are calling the carry permit lite. I forget what all it entails but it was ultimately a disappointment, we were really shooting for an enhanced permit allowing for carrying past posted buildings, or a constitutional carry bill, neither of which our pandering officials were willing to give us, yet.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
So what shotguns were used when making these patterns? ;)

Anyone have a prone shooting mat that they recommend?
I use one of these every month for my rifle matches. It's more than fine. You can spend a lot more, but why? And, the cheap mats don't last (ask me how I know).

Reactions: Who

KP

Reaction score
So what shotguns were used when making these patterns? ;)

Anyone have a prone shooting mat that they recommend?
No shotgun. Here are 50 rounds at 7 yards same day. I had one miss, one nick and 3 to the neck. All others were head.

Hairless_Ape

Doc
Premium Member
Reaction score
First day at the range in a LONG time, felt good. Had been having flashbacks, so I banned myself until I got my mind right.

Put about 1k rounds down range between 2 AR's, mossy 590, and a pair of Sig pistolas. Nothing remarkable, other than not being as rusty as I'd have thought. The muscle memory is strong.

Haven't been posting, but I've been keeping an eye on you clowns. Going to work way back into putting my 2 cents in more often.

JonCanfield

Reality is over rated
Platinum Supporter
Reaction score
I received a notice in the mail today from my county sheriff, informing me that my License to Carry Permit is expiring in July. PA calls it a LTC, not a Concealed Carry (CCW). Same thing.

So, it was a beautiful day. The sun was shining. I had the radio on. I was driving... up to the County Courthouse to renew it for another 5 years (where did the time go?).

I was dreading the endless wait and the bureaucratically (think union) slow gov't employees who I had to interface with to process my renewal. Ugh.

But, in the end, I was there for only 15 minutes. I filled out the form and handed it to them with a $20 bill and took a seat, expecting to see the next ice age before leaving. Five minutes later, I was called up to get my picture taken and sent back to my seat. Another five minutes and a deputy sheriff came out with my permit and handed it to me, shaking my hand & sending me on my way.

I really feel sorry for those of you in states where it is an enormous process (classes, tests, live fire, scheduling of weapons (PR of Cali) -- just to exercise your rights. And, even more sorry for those in stares like NJ, NY, where you have no rights at all.

But, all that aside, I'm good for another five years!

My wife's permit expires in OCT. What are the odds that it goes that smoothly for her??? LOL :naughty:
I envy you. We are supposed to get a response within 90 days of applying. I applied 2/20 and haven't heard anything. I can't even get a return phone call or email asking for an update. Our county is one of the worst in the state (CA) for issuing. I would, if I felt the need, carry without the permit. I don't want to jeopardize the application though. I've done all the required training and qualifying even though I haven't gotten approved yet just to show I'm serious. :(

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Damn.... Ours is pretty easy.... Walk in, pay em, pic taken, card printed...

Reactions: Who