Ideal rate of twist (MLP firearms and shooting thread)

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Welp, NGD for me last week. Another toy I really didn't need. Cabela's near me had these on sale. I paid $590 + tax. List is $804.

Behold, my first Kimber...

View attachment 395668

I thought it looked cool but I wasn't about to pay Cabela's regular price of $749. The sale price was the impetus to pull the trigger. :facepalm: The fit and finish are impeccable.

Oh, and it has the Tritium night sights too. :dude:

It's called the Bel Air because it mimics the Creme and Turquoise color scheme of a '55 Chevy Bel Air.

View attachment 395669
Kimber makes excellent firearms... nice score.

I don't see the car, though :naughty:

Bownse

Reaction score
Gonna get a Glock.

I’m going out today to pick up a Glock 34 that’s for sale on a local forum.

I’ve never fired one, one only held two. Each time I’ve held and pointed them, the front site sits about 3/4” high. Because the grip angle is so much different than the 1911’s I’m used to.

After all these years, I figure I’ll give this Glock thing a try. And 9mm.... I’ve never been a 9mm guy, either.

Anything to look out for when checking out the Glock? It has an aftermarket trigger, but comes with the factory trigger. I’m paying $100 extra for the trigger. Seller’s price is $440 with factory, $550 with ZEV and a holster.
Good luck. Like I told the guy at the gun shop the other day, "The reason why it's nice to own at least one Glock is so that, when you run out of bullets, you aren't sad that you have to throw it at the bad guy."

My recent trip to the range had The Trifecta out for light duty.

P08: 1916 DWM WW1 War Contract matching numbers (9mm)
P38: 1943 (Jan-Feb) Mauser WW2 Contract matching numbers (9mm)
SAA: Gen 3 (45 Colt)

Caption this:

I shot him in the junk with the SAA to teach him a lesson.
I thought about it and took him out with the P08 to reduce the chance of a lawsuit.
Then I had to get rid of the witness with the P38.

THDNUT

Reaction score
@THDNUT, have you fired the .380 yet?

Also, do you reload? I have a bunch of .380 brass you can have for the cost of shipping. Probably 500+. Dies, too.
I haven't fired it yet. All the shooting spots I go to in the desert are closed because of the fire danger. As soon as we get some decent rain they will open back up.
Thanks for the free brass offer but I have a bit of .380 brass already. I save it in case I do decide to start loading .380.

Right now I only load for .38 Special, .357 magnum, 9mm, .44 magnum, 444 Marlin, .45 ACP, .45 Long Colt and 500 S&W magnum.

LocoTex

Reaction score
Doesn't matter how reliable my Glock is, I still hate it. The grip angle is shit compared to modern pistols. And no, early 80's isn't modern.
Just a matter of getting used to it. Like I said, I used to hate them due to the grip angle. Now I know it helps with accuracy. Don't hate till you give it a fair trial.

MSB

Reaction score
Just a matter of getting used to it. Like I said, I used to hate them due to the grip angle. Now I know it helps with accuracy. Don't hate till you give it a fair trial.
I'm with Ape, there are plenty of guns out there that go bang every time that don't feel like you're holding a 2x4. I actually really wish I could get used to them.

scott1970

Reaction score
I was staunchly anti-Glock for many years, although I always gave them the nod when it came to superb reliability.

I changed my opinion, and I’m not sure why it even happened. The seed was planted by the G20, and the Gen 5s pushed me over the edge. I currently retain a half dozen Glocks and shoot them very frequently.

To tell the truth, I wouldn’t pick another sidearm for patrol over my G45. I sincerely never thought I’d live to see the day.

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Reaction score
I was staunchly anti-Glock for many years, although I always gave them the nod when it came to superb reliability.

I changed my opinion, and I’m not sure why it even happened. The seed was planted by the G20, and the Gen 5s pushed me over the edge. I currently retain a half dozen Glocks and shoot them very frequently.

To tell the truth, I wouldn’t pick another sidearm for patrol over my G45. I sincerely never thought I’d live to see the day.
What about a mac-10 in .45acp? That would be my choice. :)

Hairless_Ape

Doc
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm plenty used to Glocks, still hate them. If someone put out something in the same form factor as the G26 I'd be done with them. As much as I love my VP9, I don't like the sub compact, it's a little too big.

Bownse

Reaction score
Am that a selector-switch?!

EDIT: I guess it is!

Bullet hoses. And what's with the stock? Is it needed to enable full auto like the H&K VP70? Heck, Selena in Undersworld shoots two at a time. :thumbs:

45WinMag

Reaction score
Bullet hoses. And what's with the stock? Is it needed to enable full auto like the H&K VP70? Heck, Selena in Undersworld shoots two at a time. :thumbs:

Selene's pistols are Beretta 93R. The stock 93R is 3-round burst, but hers were modified for the movie to full-auto.

Latest Threads