Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another stream:

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weather stations near my sister are showing minimal winds. Looks like the peninsula is providing a good breakwall for areas east of NOLA.

The thing has just been hovering on the beach for what seems like hours though.

Olds442

Reaction score
new clp.JPG

not a lot of red, but a lot of water, hopefully the levees hold.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's moving inland so some shit is gonna get torn up before long.... Hurricane ass end is a bitch.... Front of one sucks but the ass will blow shit up....

I'm in SE AL so we've just had some rain and a little wind..... Quiet and overcast at the moment but we'll catch some more rain and probably some flooding in some areas....

Hamtone

Reaction score
It's moving inland so some shit is gonna get torn up before long.... Hurricane ass end is a bitch.... Front of one sucks but the ass will blow shit up....

I'm in SE AL so we've just had some rain and a little wind..... Quiet and overcast at the moment but we'll catch some more rain and probably some flooding in some areas....
I'm 120 ish of Eat of orange Beach. Just rain here roday

Reactions: ehb

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I was listening to an interview with the sheriff of Grand Isle. They are hunkered down (on the second floor) in a bunker of a building with bullet proof windows. He said they were watching out the window as the wind peeled the roofs off of buildings across the street. They recorded winds of 148mps (on the east side of the eye (IIRC))...right before the wind meter broke. There are around 15 people there. That would be a harrowing afternoon.

wildhawk1

Reaction score
Watching Reed Timmer getting his Subaru washed.

Olds442

Reaction score
last time i was down there was 1 month before katrina. toured the superdome, stayed at that Hyatt, and worked at the Convention center. i've been there 5-6 times. so to see the katrina footage from those places a month later, was surreal.

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
Conditions for my neck of the woods have dropped to 30ish mph winds and 70-80% chance of rain thankfully. It’s going far more east than originally anticipated yesterday.

Nola is a cool place to visit. Lots of cool shops to check out in the quarter.. and of course the House of Blues..and the Howlin Wolf for music venues..weather aside, I don’t think I’d ever wanna live there..

DavGrape

Please click that 'prescribe' button.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't imagine being up in the attic trying to kick thru the fuggin' roof, then feel your back start getting wet.

Latest Threads