Ida looks like Katrina 2.0.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sister lives right on the beach in Pass Christian MS.
Kartina flattened the area for the most part.
Hopefully this will track more west, but being to the east of NOLA she's still going to get hammered by the surge until the eye moved inland.

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a “feels like” 101 in Detroit today… miserable…and when it rains … it’s been torrential every time…

And …. Giant Grasshoppers (I haven’t seen since 1977) and tonight … dozens of dragonflies hunting mosquitoes.. (which was pretty cool to watch)… dragonflies are NOT common around here..

Mosquitoes are especially bad … can’t go out side for more than 10 minutes…

something changed
We've been topping out at around 84-85.

Last night we had a lightning/thunder storm like I've never seen before. Not much rain at all, but the lightning and thunder was nonstop, one right after another. Knocked out the power from about 12:30 a.m. to about 8:00 a.m. this morning

And I think those grasshoppers may be locust. I had something stuck under my windshield wiper I thought was a leaf: sumbitch was a F'n locust. The skeeters have been leaving us alone.

Last edited:

wildhawk1

Reaction score
Seeing as Louisiana/New Orleans has done little to nothing to correct the deficiencies in the levees/flood control in the area, i would expect another giant clusterfuck. And of course, it will all be somebody elses fault. Let the looting begin!!!
Taxpayers will be fleeced again by people that want to live on a swamp.

1800's they'd have my sympathy but 2021 and looking at past events you wanted to live there you deal with it.

electric head

Just passing thru
Reaction score
It’s weird growing up on the east coast in Maryland I have only experienced 2 hurricanes one in the late 60’s and one in the early 70’s.Camille and Agnes and neither were actual hurricanes by the time they hit us.No matter what I always get a feeling of dread when one of these major hurricanes hit the States. The coverage of what Katrina did was heartbreaking.

Last edited:

Hamtone

Reaction score
My ex moved there, last year, right about now. She moved somewhere into the lake Charles, area and for the last year it's be crazy rain flooding an bs. This storm indicates her mother joined her with her new husband...lol

JTM45

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s weird growing up on the east coast in Maryland I have only experienced 2 hurricanes one in the late 60’s and one in the early 70’s.Camille and Agnes and neither were actual hurricanes by the time they hit us.No matter what I always get a feeling of dread when one of these major hurricanes hit the States. The coverage of what Katrina did was heartbreaking.
I remember Agnes and that thing was a monster, I was a kid growing up in PG county when that one hit

wildhawk1

Reaction score
How does that quote about insanity go?
Like a lot of bad life decisions when big brother repeatedly enables them with cash people will continue to repeat their actions.

There's a little nothing town by us that went through repeated flooding. The money that was poured into this spec on the map was insane and nothing changed. They should of bulldozed it long ago and eliminated the problem forever.

Hamtone

Reaction score
I hope people heeded the warning to get out, I’m not so sure many could survive this one out in the swamps
The issue with the gulf areas is, there is only one major highway, i10 and if that artery is plugged, there's nowhere to go

sonar1

Reaction score
This is not gonna be good.
Late in the game NOW.
Waiting to see is a big gamble. A couple days ago would have been the time to go.
Sadly, that’s not possible for many.

JTM45

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The issue with the gulf areas is, there is only one major highway, i10 and if that artery is plugged, there's nowhere to go
I get it but they should have gotten on the highway and gotten in line

Latest Threads