Ice Tea and Bourbon burst are so similar.

matchman

Reaction score
I'm wondering if it just was the sample of 2 I seen or is this across the board?
I remember 3 or so years ago the bourbon burst was different . Really wanted a standard 60 bourbon but it's now to close to My older ice tea.

InTheEvening

Reaction score
You know, I’ve been wondering about this too! I’ve seen so many examples of Bourbon burst and iced tea…and I feel like there’s definitely overlap on some examples, where an iced tea looks darker like bourbon and vice versa. I get them mixed up pretty often. I’ve looked at Sweetwater pics, and I believe the iced tea has more of a yellow tint and lighter shade of red, whereas bourbon has more of a dark Cherry vibe. But it seems to be a subtle difference with lots of variation.

pondcaster

Reaction score
On the two I had, the bourbon burst went to black whereas the iced tea burst just to dark brown.

Totally different when side by side...

integra evan

Reaction score
Recent ones have been all over the chart....and some are hard to tell what it is.

To me, a Bourbon Burst should be this:

attachments-13.jpg

And iced tea should be this:

attachments-27.jpg

InTheEvening

Reaction score
Recent ones have been all over the chart....and some are hard to tell what it is.

To me, a Bourbon Burst should be this:

View attachment 575131

And iced tea should be this:

View attachment 575130
That bourbon burst may be my ideal burst finish. Can’t stop looking at it. I’m a sucker for darker bursts like that. If I had found a standard 60’s with that top, I prob would have picked that but ended up with my triburst which I found first.

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is my R9 Tobbourbon burst..................the color will change depending on light and angle with the same camera.

IMG_1697.JPG

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

This is my 2011 Traditional in Tea Burst. This shade is bit different than recent Tea type burst.

IMG_1661.JPG

integra evan

Reaction score
That bourbon burst may be my ideal burst finish. Can’t stop looking at it. I’m a sucker for darker bursts like that. If I had found a standard 60’s with that top, I prob would have picked that but ended up with my triburst which I found first.
Yeah that was a really nice guitar. It was a 60's Standard. One I wish I didn't sell.

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
2016/17 bourbons were the coolest finish I’d seen in 25 years

wish they still made it…looked like an ultima or supreme in person

Hope to own one eventually

-chris

D4BA7E13-18C5-4A8C-A5DE-478E863BA4C7.jpeg
B9314A04-02EA-429E-B5D1-3052FD2FE51B.jpeg

bad565ss

Reaction score
Bourbon burst has red that iced does not have.

moreles

Reaction score
Between different woods and batches, different sprayers, different lighting, cameras, programs, and screen, why would anyone expect to have consistency across all the images of these or any bursts? It used to be a selling point that hand-done finishes varied -- as a good thing -- and you could search until you found a specific item you really liked. With image-based online ordering, well, pictures of finish, let alone names of finish types, cannot nail things down. I just picked up a sunburst Strat that looked almost clownburst in the pics but was deep and warm in sunlight. That's why I try to buy live.

Latest Threads