Ibanez "tube screamer" tube amp?

MissoulaGriz

Reaction score
Whoa, I like what I see. Haven't heard one in person but the concept is pretty cool. What I really like seeing these days is that there are some very good amp choices out there in the sub $300 range that are compatible to the everyday, average gigging musician.

Iceman0124

Reaction score
Yeah, I look forward to checking one out. Right now my budget amps of interest are the Jet city 20 reverb combo, Blackstar 20 head, the Ibanzes TS head, and the tweaker. What I really want is Spacetone tweed...but I cant justify that kind of single expense right now.

>Photi G<

Reaction score
Just get it, already, so you can answer your questions, give a review, and create a NAD thread! :D

MATTM

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Could be interesting...The only thing I'm not crazy about is the 6V6's, but who knows....

hipofutura

Reaction score
Could be interesting...The only thing I'm not crazy about is the 6V6's, but who knows....

The 6V6 is my favorite power tube! They distort easier than other tubes and have a very cool OD tone. It's hard to beat the tone of a Fender Champ. The 5F1 circuit sounds so smooth when dimed. Many of the greatest rock songs from the 60's were recorded on 6V6 tubes.

LPV

Reaction score
I am on my first experiences with a 6v6 amp and I really like it. Not as nasty as an EL but really great. I find the EL84's have a sweet spot after that they clip too hard. Mind you that's with an SS rect. I have no preference. They are both great.

P.s. If your into this amp, go the extra yard and get the Phaez. You don't need a tube screamer :)

Sorry for the threadjack and pimp.

pureanalog

Reaction score
yes and along with the late jcm800s and jcm900 they are probably the ONLY marshall amps that had this thing going.... most amps like I said are not like this...

cynic79

Reaction score
yes and along with the late jcm800s and jcm900 they are probably the ONLY marshall amps that had this thing going.... most amps like I said are not like this...

At the same time, it seems hypocritical to criticize an amp for having an integrated solid overdrive circuit when the amp you use has one.

Iceman0124

Reaction score
I think pureanal is just trying to start a mini pissing contest because I expressed my personal underwhelmed opinion of the marshal Haze 15 in a thread he started (overpriced compared to competition/dont like onboard digital effects on an amp of that class etc), so he rags on an amp that I find interesting on paper. This thing could be beyond awful, but it "looks" like it could be very very neat to have and experiment with, especially with the asking price.

Latest Threads