Ibanez "tube screamer" tube amp?

hipofutura

Reaction score
I know nothing about them, but could be a nice amp. In order to get the volume out of it, they probably designed a clean preamp and power amp signal. Then use the TS circuit for OD. That's about the only way you could get it loud.

Be interesting to hear some reports on this.

Iceman0124

Reaction score
corny idea to have an integrated tubescreamer.

Why do you say that? Lots of folks use em, it could be really neat. I dont see whats corny about using a very popular drive circuit onboard...are all built in drive circuits corny or just this one?

Iceman0124

Reaction score
I dunno, something about the look, features, and very nice price almost has me pre-ordering one, I need a portable head, and want something other than the EL84 sound like I have now...this could be really cool.

5-15 watts, a very well known OD sound, if she cleans up nice and build quality is just north of decent I think it could be a real winner.

BillB1960

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb-AWo9frSQ&feature=related]YouTube - [NAMM 2010] - IBANEZ - TSA 15H[/ame]

kungpow!

Reaction score
Looks interesting. Nice price. Seems like only a matter of time before they did this, seeing as they've sold a billion TS' why not make an amp out of it.

My only concern would be an Ibanez amp?! Though I do think they were in the amp business years ago...

The real question: What chip is in it? :naughty:

BillB1960

Reaction score
Looks interesting. Nice price. Seems like only a matter of time before they did this, seeing as they've sold a billion TS' why not make an amp out of it.

My only concern would be an Ibanez amp?! Though I do think they were in the amp business years ago...

The real question: What chip is in it? :naughty:

040419__ChipsMain.jpg

Iceman0124

Reaction score
nah, i dont think so....

most tube amps dont have a solid state overdrive circuit as extra gain stages...

Most folks use a pedal.....I thought you liked eveything built in anyway?

Just for the record, how many amps have you buit and or designed anyways?

pureanalog

Reaction score
Most folks use a pedal.....I thought you liked eveything built in anyway?

Just for the record, how many amps have you buit and or designed anyways?

you are refering to the other thread i suppose. but that was for effects which I use. Overdrive is another matter.

And the point I made is that most tube amps today DO NOT use solid state circuitry as gain stages. Some do. Most dont.

I have not designed any guitar amp. But I have built a few amps, but not for guitar.

so how many amps have you designed?

Iceman0124

Reaction score
Not a one, though I have several friends that do, and they usually get requests for distrotion circuits built in.

Folks use drive pedals alot...theres a reason theres are so many, having a very popular one built into a low cost tube amp is a pretty cool idea in my book, plus its switchable iE you dont have to use it. Wish they spent more time with the cleans in the vid, thats what was getting me a lil worked up:naughty:

danzego

Reaction score
I've only seen reports from people who got a chance to hear it or try it out at NAMM and not one of them were impressed with it. It seems the clean sound isn't all that (just your basic, dry clean tone with nothing to make you go "Nice!"), which would explain why it's more common to come across distorted demos of the amp.

I was interested in the amp at one point, but after hearing these reports, my interest cooled. It did heat up for the Tweaker, however, which was getting some serious talk generated during NAMM. After getting one, I can see why. You may want to consider one of those if you haven't tested it out yet. There's a good reason these things are getting so many rave user reviews. :)

teemunknee

Reaction score
There is no way they are worse than the Toneblasters...what an ironic name...

hipofutura

Reaction score
nah, i dont think so.... most tube amps dont have a solid state overdrive circuit as extra gain stages...

I was referring to channel switching to engage an OD channel. I'm a tube guy, but a tube amp with a TS808 OD circuit (if that's what they used) doesn't spook me in the least as a HUGE percent of guitar players already have one in front of their amp. I do!

I have no clue how it sounds or how well it's designed and built, but it's inexpensive and looks to have potential.

Iceman0124

Reaction score
I think some folks arent keeping the right perspective, its a $300 head brand new. Its more like a souped up VJ, a cheap entry offering that could have loads of modding potential, and stands out a bit from the current crowd.

5-15 watts, 6V6 voiced, it could be a lot of fun on the cheap for a tube amp. I doubt its going to be mind blowing or such...but for what it is, could be really fricking neat.

Latest Threads