Ibanez George Benson (GB10)

Maple set-in neck. Spruce top. Maple back/sides. Bound Ebony fretboard. Acrylic & Abalone block inlay. Prestige fret edge treatment. Ebony bridge

Jim Klein

Reaction score
Brought one back from Japan in 1980 ...sold it in L.A. At that time I just couldn't justify it.. Now I wouldn't mind having one now that I know what to do with it..ha jk

gitmohair

Reaction score
Bought one and sent it back, build quality was abysmal. Would I buy another? Maybe, and now that we've not got Covid lockdown I could get to play the one I'd be buying, of course. I'd still consider one, it's got a lot going for it.

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
Surprised you found an Ibanez with bad build quality. What year was it? I had a '75 Professional and a '78 24 fret Artist dot neck, and both guitars were flawless.

gitmohair

Reaction score
Surprised you found an Ibanez with bad build quality. What year was it? I had a '75 Professional and a '78 24 fret Artist dot neck, and both guitars were flawless.

Not my first duff Ibanez by any stretch of the imagination, sadly. I suspect they rely on local-market QC rather than factory control. I could be wrong, but I've still got a prime Japanese example sitting around upstairs that I can neither play nor sell should Ibanez want to pop around and have a look.

Adoran

Reaction score
Bought one and sent it back, build quality was abysmal. Would I buy another? Maybe, and now that we've not got Covid lockdown I could get to play the one I'd be buying, of course. I'd still consider one, it's got a lot going for it.

I am very impressed with the build quality on this. The issues I would take with it would not be there had it been cased and looked after (deterioration of the plating, bubbling, few deep scratches).

What was wrong with the one you returned? Just curious - wouldnt mind having a closer look at the same areas on mine :)

Latest Threads