Ibanez Destroyer Appreciation Thread

Gitter

Reaction score
Share your pics...share your stories! I first fell in love with the Destroyer as a kid when I saw Adrian Smith play his red one during the Killers tour (on video). By the time Def Leppard's Pyromania came out I knew I needed to get one. I have owned many over the years. Here's mine...
dt6.jpg

dt7a.jpg

Grenville

Reaction score
Went to the store and asked if Ibanez Destroyers were still available.

Yes, they've just reissued them!

Cool, can I order one? What, the price has gone up? Oh well...

A couple of weeks later the set-neck Explorer copy wasn't in the case, it was a metallic red thing with a bolt on neck. I didn't care, it was a killer guitar and I loved it for years.

I did get the Explorer version a few years later. That was good too!

Mockbel

Reaction score
I am GASing for a pointy guitar (Explorer specifically) for quite some time... this Destroyer would be an amazing alternative to consider... do they still come “New” ??

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
I am GASing for a pointy guitar (Explorer specifically) for quite some time... this Destroyer would be an amazing alternative to consider... do they still come “New” ??
They've been making them off and on since the 70's. Looks like it's been off since 2016.

destrpyer chart.png

Gitter

Reaction score
Here's me in 1984ish. I bought the guitar at Sam Goody. Had it for about 10 years.

That is awesome, Rocco! Love the old school photo and the killer Destroyer! I wish I could find mine. I know they're somewhere in a shoebox. :)

Gitter

Reaction score
Sweet guitar. I had the Rocket Roll II V in cherry sunburst back in the day.
Of all the Iceman and Destroyers I've had over the years, I've never had the privilege of owning a csb Rocket Roll II. I've come close but never scored one. I wish Ibanez would reissue those early "II" models in the US (Iceman, Destroyer, Rocket Roll). I'd kill for a flamed top csb Rocket Roll and Iceman II.

murmel

Reaction score
My Destroyer and my Explorer. The Destroyer is a DT 400 81 model, I have it since my teenage days. The Explorer is a Bill Kelliher sig. model.

image0.jpeg

tcherieleloup

Reaction score
Hi Guy, this baby just arrived today. Ibanez DT420RW-NTF 2018 Natural satin 50th anniversary Canadian Edition Destroyer brand new. Love it!!!!
vers limited edition, only 50 made. All mahogany (neck and body) Super 58 pick ups.
I guess I won't sleep tonite.... and no one will, in this house lol

Attachments

John

Reaction score
I never got to own a Destroyer, but I would gladly welcome the thought of having a 7 string, baritone scale Destroyer with a floating trem.
So far, the only things I've seen remotely close were from salvaging Partscasters-type stuff.

Gitter

Reaction score
Hi Guy, this baby just arrived today. Ibanez DT420RW-NTF 2018 Natural satin 50th anniversary Canadian Edition Destroyer brand new. Love it!!!!
vers limited edition, only 50 made. All mahogany (neck and body) Super 58 pick ups.
I guess I won't sleep tonite.... and no one will, in this house lol
That's a killer guitar! Congrats!

Latest Threads