I would like to apologize to the members here..

Turd

Banned
Reaction score
Gentleman,
I would like to apologize for my behavior on this forum this past week. I feel after a long think about it that I treated you and this place with disrespect after feeling accused of colluding with a dealer to scam a fellow collector. I said many things that I now regret and feel I have diminished the overall community by making someone else's issue about me. With that I apologize to Gregory and Victor and to those I have offended. That is not how I do business and treat people. I allowed the New York Italian get the best of me, Thank you for welcoming me all those years ago and for the hospitality over the years. This will be my LAST post here on the MLPF.. (I promise) I wish you all the very best and I hope you all enjoy this gear as much as I do.
All the Best,
Joe Bonamassa
Hey, I agree with what the guy in the SRV hat said!! We all lose our cool every so often!!

BeanoFAN

Reaction score
My only issue is that when you said the stuff about millennials. You (and myself) want to keep the blues alive, but you trashed the generation that will have to keep it alive...and we all know how the guitar industry is doing these days...

And yes I am a millennial, 19 years old. I play mostly 60s rock, blues, psychedelic rock. Needless to say, I don't exactly fit into this generation.

EDIT: Joe, you're still a good guy. You're a geek like myself and everyone on here. I certainly respect you for your knowledge and collection.

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
My only issue is that when you said the stuff about millennials. You (and myself) want to keep the blues alive, but you trashed the generation that will have to keep it alive...and we all know how the guitar industry is doing these days...

And yes I am a millennial, 19 years old. I play mostly 60s rock, blues, psychedelic rock. Needless to say, I don't exactly fit into this generation.

EDIT: Joe, you're still a good guy. You're a geek like myself and everyone on here. I certainly respect you for your knowledge and collection.
This really is it. This opinion is probably more valuable than any other posted here, because this kid, and others like him, are the ones who will keep it alive like we have.

Let's make sure they don't get burned out ... or burnt.

RedNeck

Reaction score
We don't need millennials to keep the blues alive...what would it be about?

Oooohh woe is me, I have to get a job...

Ooohh, nobody wants to pay for my baby mama birth control...

Oh gud lord, my liberal art degree ain't gud fo' nuttin'

Listen here..I hate my parents for my nationality

*2 note solo*

Ooooh, I been trig'rd lord....an I got da bluez...

El Pablo

Reaction score

*2 note solo*

Oh that's funny!

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score

*2 note solo*

You should probably go find your safe space, then.

Don't worry, there'll be crayons.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
"You've had to live the blues to play the blues" is pure horse shit.

You just have to feel it to play it.... Just like feeling jazz to play it... Lotta folks think they're playing jazz...but nawt... Lotta folks out there think they are actually playing musically....but nawt...

One can play all the notes... It ain't the notes... It's HOW the notes are played...even the wrong ones....

Some folks listen to early blues and think noise and easy as shit stuff to play...right up to the point you try to play it just like RJ played it... Gotta feel it...

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've seen kids in the shop with a guitar that know nothing about chords, notes, or music in general, crudely picking out some melody and rhythm they hear in their head with not a freaking clue what they are playing....

THAT, folks, is music. Music in its truest and most base form. One cannot get more musical than that.

Those incapable of understanding the above have not a clue....

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
Name me one other forum member that was a regular guy that would get any kind of attention at all if they announced their leaving. Ok, maybe Rudy, or Thump, or Crotch, Rockin Les Paul, Freebyrd69,, but not just anyone. My point is we are greater as a forum based on the collective contributions of the many, instead of the whining of a few.

My sermon is over, may you all go in peace.
I don't see the point of even announcing it, really. I've taken months off here and there, and I just go.

Quoth Slacky, "... and out the door I went ..."

Turd

Banned
Reaction score
"You've had to live the blues to play the blues" is pure horse shit.

You just have to feel it to play it.... Just like feeling jazz to play it... Lotta folks think they're playing jazz...but nawt... Lotta folks out there think they are actually playing musically....but nawt...

One can play all the notes... It ain't the notes... It's HOW the notes are played...even the wrong ones....

Some folks listen to early blues and think noise and easy as shit stuff to play...right up to the point you try to play it just like RJ played it... Gotta feel it...
I feel ya!!! Now I need to take a shit!!