I won't be BCRGreg much longer.

BCRGreg

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I am selling my store at the end of the month. I have a cool repair shop in my basement in Mechanicsburg, Pa. I will be doing repairs and restorations full time. You can find my new stuff on Facebook as Greg Platzer Guitars and on instagram as platzergreg.

I wanted to thank everyone that has been part of my journey over the last 26+ years of owning BCR Music. I have made so many wonderful friends, and my life would never be as full as it is without the people that I have met here. Lots of good business and some damn fine friendships have come out of my involvement in this forum.

Now I will need a new name.....

Last edited:

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as you keep posting your rep/rest jobs, cool....

Does the ass end of that rusty old truck in the finished pics go with the store? ;)

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you are continuing on with your guitar work Greg. The ol' ball & chain and I were just talking about you the other day, and saying that we wanted to take a road trip to say "Hi" when all this shit ends.

Been a while since we up there, last time was when you refretted this...

Gregs bench2.jpg

I wish the new owners of the store the best of luck & success.

chef

Reaction score
I am selling my store at the end of the year. I have a cool repair shop in my basement in Mechanicsburg, Pa. I will be doing repairs and restorations full time. You can find my new stuff on Facebook as Greg Platzer Guitars and on instagram as platzergreg.

I wanted to thank everyone that has been part of my journey over the last 26+ years of owning BCR Music. I have made so many wonderful friends, and my life would never be as full as it is without the people that I have met here. Lots of good business and some damn fine friendships have come out of my involvement in this forum.

A lurker on many of your threads, thanks for sharing the knowledge and congratulations on the next phase.

dcomiskey

Reaction score
Your knowledge has been invaluable to us all. I'm still planning on making a trip down to you, one place or another, for fretting lessons once this pandemic is over!

Reactions: Who

redking

Reaction score
Phew - I was worried this was going to become another post (now banned at MLP) about those that transition to new names for different reasons such as "BCRGladys" :rofl:
Best of luck and please stick around!

Kennoyce

Reaction score
I am selling my store at the end of the year. I have a cool repair shop in my basement in Mechanicsburg, Pa. I will be doing repairs and restorations full time. You can find my new stuff on Facebook as Greg Platzer Guitars and on instagram as platzergreg.

As long as you keep posting your stuff to facebook I'll be happy!

rockstar232007

Reaction score
How about "BRRGreg" (Basement Repairs, and Restorations)? On second thought, people might think you're into repairing basments? :laugh2:

Btw, good to "see" you. Really missed your regular posts.

Last edited:

ARandall

Reaction score
Now the important stuff....will you avatar pic stay the same??

Rando375

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best of luck bro. See you soon at the new shop

lowatter

Reaction score
Best of luck going forward Greg. I will miss videos of you guys throwing musical instruments off the roof of the store however. :rofl:

Tonyd145

Reaction score
Good luck to you Greg, already follow on the book of faces and the Instagram. Always enjoy the pics you share of the magic you work.

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
BCR painted my Les Paul and did a great job. Good luck to you, Greg.

fumblefinger

Reaction score
The new owner inherits a hellof a reputation. Hope he lives up to it and you live down to less stress. Congrats!

Harley90

Reaction score
Thanks for the many years of enjoyable moments, exceptional photos and promoting my endless G.A.S.!

Latest Threads