I wonder why the reissues are not just called historics?

68Custom

Reaction score
Do they have to be a certain number of years old to be called a historic?

The other thing is, why did gibson reissue a guitar that was never issued in the first place? ( 68 cherry and tri burst customs ) They are awesome guitars, but why call them 68 reissues? :shock:

Whoops, one more thing..... they reissued the 68 Authentic with nickle hardware and the top hat volume / tone knobs, when the originals only came with gold and witch hat knobs, didn't they think to look at an original first and then try to copy that?

Thanks.

Saiko

Reaction score
The 68 customs are not meant to actually replica a true '68. Sounds silly, I know, but they are not. THey are however the best Custom Gibson makes.

LongBeach

Reaction score
I was informed (by my gibby dealer) that 68 are in fact considered Re-Issue's, but, not Historics. And I will have to agree with Saiko, either way, no matter what they are actually considered, they are by far one of the best gheatar's CS lets loose.

Mine will be with me until the end of my days.

roadhog96

Reaction score
A Gibson Admin. told me they don't consider the 68's a RI? Everyone else does? Who cares what Gibson calls them, they are best Customs today. The Historic guitars aren't even Historicly correct either, close but not exact, go figure!

68Custom

Reaction score
I agree they are great guitars, but why are they considered the best Custom Gibson makes? I have a 02 68RI and a 57 black beauty RI, both guitars play and sound great! I think the quality is about the same as far as finish.

Latest Threads