V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

JTM45

Premium Member
Reaction score
She was pretty badass, an acquired taste but badass

fett

Reaction score
She didn't stand a chance. Those days or daze allowed people to break loose with lots of zeal.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I suspect her parents feel the same way.

She was a legendary talent and personality.

JTM45

Premium Member
Reaction score
I can only imagine how she would have matured musically

DavGrape

Reaction score
She really was just getting going.
Another 10-15 years? Yow.
Would have been a lot of music.

dissaffected

Reaction score
She woulda turned into a bad version of herself like old Elvis....if she had survived> Age sucks originality out of you

Last edited:

fleahead

Reaction score
When Gibson sent me and 4 others to Woodstock II in '94, I remember being at our RV above the main North stage, it was night, we were chilling and Melissa Etheridge did a set of Janis. And it was spooky as fuck, because she and the band channeled her. It was amazing. It was like Janis was there and the gods were pleased. I will never forget that.

Last edited:

NRBQ

Reaction score
When Gibson sent me and 4 others to Woodstock II in '74, I remember being at our RV above the main North stage, it was night, we were chilling and Melissa Etheridge did a set of Janis. And it was spooky as fuck, because she and the band channeled her. It was amazing. It was like Janis was there and the gods were pleased. I will never forget that.
94?

JWinAK

Reaction score
After the caterwauling of that Mercedes Benz song, I'm not too upset about how things turned out.

Too soon?

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
When Gibson sent me and 4 others to Woodstock II in '74, I remember being at our RV above the main North stage, it was night, we were chilling and Melissa Etheridge did a set of Janis. And it was spooky as fuck, because she and the band channeled her. It was amazing. It was like Janis was there and the gods were pleased. I will never forget that.
Yup, corrected, thanks
Yeah, you weren't there in '74 for sure.
'Cause I was there and apart form a couple of gofers I didn't see anyone there.
I guess them fuckin' hippies didn't realize it was the 5th anniversary of Woodstock
and they just didn't show up.
So it was three days of no music, no nude bathing and no shit at all.
Most miserable three days I ever spent.
Never again.

filtersweep

Reaction score
Gayle McCormmick really seemed to channel Janis— and most people have never heard of her. I’m not so sure how well the actual Janis would have grown and evolved.

Plus, every ‘blues fest’ has at least one Janis-wannabe singer. It should be a meme.

SGeoff

Reaction score
the stones went to disco for a while...if Janis had lived, I don't think she would have. she was blues thru and thru

electric head

Just passing thru
Reaction score
I read somewhere she was pissed that all the guy singers had groupies and she had none.