I was playing a lot yesterday and accepted something.

Caretaker

Reaction score
I always look in the classifieds here(and elsewhere) looking for something else but have accepted the fact that I don`t NEED anything else.
I have 2 Les Pauls that sound and play fantastic.
2 amps and a great acoustic.
I will still look(can`t help it) and may buy something at some point, but I don`t NEED anything else.

ns2a

Reaction score
I have. A Les Paul, special, and PRS cover it all. For me anyway. I have an extra Les Paul standard, but don’t know if it will stick around

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been at that point for 20 years.
But I've still acquired 4 guitars this year... one each in 2014, 2015, and 2017.

I haven't NEEDED more since 1995 when my G&L S500 and Epiphone Sheraton-II became conservative alternatives to my Kramer Randy Rhoads V.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score
I could be happy with my old Custom and Cali Ser Prec Spec Bass....and I am usually never looking for another guitar/bass...

BUT, when a guitar presents itself and it talks to me, I buy it.... If it ain't special, I don't want it.... Special as in how it plays and sounds... average/normal, nawt....but if the planets lined up on that guitar or bass, I will buy it....

MSB

Reaction score
If my younger days, I had the opportunity to play a lot of different guitars. I'm to the point now, I know pretty much exactly what I like, if something runs in front of me, I'll give it a go, but I don't actively seek out much these days. I've actually gotten back into acoustics, so my 2 remaining LPs don't get much love. I'm tempted to let them go, but I think how much time it's taken me to get 2 that I'm pretty satisfied with... so two extra cases aren't really hurting anything.

Oldskoolrob

Reaction score
Yes I have. This year instead of lusting for more stuff I'm going to get each of the guitars I own (Gibson Standard, Epi LPC, Gretsch Jet, Gretsch 6120, Epi Broadway, Legend Es150DC copy) to my tech and have him make each guitar as perfect as possible.

....but I may get a reverb pedal or Tech21 British if I can find/afford.

Leumas

Reaction score
About 10 years ago I hit a point where I had too many guitars. About 25. That included about 5 nice guitars. None of them were bad but there was a lot of filler. I’ve spent the last decade trying to refine the collection. 3 or 4 ok guitars turns into 1 must have. Right now I’m at 14. I could thin out a little more but the few cheapos I have left are sentimental. My last piece of the puzzle is a truly high end acoustic. I’ve only ever had beater acoustics

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
About 10 years ago I hit a point where I had too many guitars. About 25. That included about 5 nice guitars. None of them were bad but there was a lot of filler. I’ve spent the last decade trying to refine the collection. 3 or 4 ok guitars turns into 1 must have. Right now I’m at 14. I could thin out a little more but the few cheapos I have left are sentimental. My last piece of the puzzle is a truly high end acoustic. I’ve only ever had beater acoustics
That's the direction I decided to go after getting my '14 Epiphone SG.
I told my wife "No more cheap guitars, I'm going to be retiring in 10 years or so, and want something nice to play."

I broke that this year with a D'Angelico Premier, which is still a very nice guitar... and a Harley Benton Goldtop... but I intend to replace the HB with a Gibson in a year or two. I bought a set of Mojotone Quiet-coil P90s and locking tuners for it, but at this point it remains unmolested. I'll probably go ahead and install the tuners, but leave the pickups alone since I'll probably sell it after buying a Gibson.

judson

Reaction score
im there with you...and recently i have been falling back into the strats as those prices seem like give-aways compared to all the LPs

i have been playing my recent aquisition, a korean fender strat and loving every minute of it...and started searching for a vintage fiesta red...the gibsons are great but the strats i think are a phase that comes and goes......maybe :rofl:

IMG_20191127_145250081.jpg

Last edited:

Leumas

Reaction score
im there with you...and recently i have been falling back into the strats as those prices seem like give-aways compared to all the LPs

i have been playing my recent aquisition, a korean fender strat and loving every minute of it...and started searching for a vintage fiesta red...the gibsons are great but the strats i think are a phase that comes and goes......maybe :rofl:
strats are a dirty, dirty pleasure of mine. Teles
Fit the bill much nicer, but strats catch my eye.

Becker34

Reaction score
I need a Strat. My 2 Norlin LP's ain't goin' nowhere though.

Cozmik Cowboy

Reaction score
I am of 2 minds on this.

Part of me says "I only need one good acoustic & one good electric" - then the other part says "What about a 12-string? Well, acoustic and electric 12s, of course. And a jazzbox. And an acoustic archtop. And a classical. One acoustic? But don't I need small, medium, and large bodies? And a banjitar. And a resonator. Well, make that spider bridge, biscuit bridge, and tri-cone resonators. And electric? How about solids with 'buckers, P-90s, and Fender-type single-coils? An electric bass, a thinline, a Coral sitar, an ABG........"

If you told me I could have one custom acoustic, by the builder of my choice, but it was the only guitar I could ever have - I think I'd be OK with that. But I could bankrupt Bill Gates in a week with what I want.

For the record, I currently have medium & small flat-top 6s, 12, classical, and biscuit-bridge on the acoustic side; F-type solid, thinline, jazzbox, and bass on the electric. Guess which part's winning?

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score
Since I picked up the package deal of the 09 American Deluxe S-1 SCN Stratocaster and the 2013 Gibson Lester Studio with the splitters, both were pretty much unplayed and 'old but new' cond, I have found I've been playing the Skrat a hella more than my other guitars.... Sexy with the amber neck/board, abalone dots and the shiny metal looking Fender on the headstock, but I wouldn't care if it was purple and chartreuse it plays and sounds so well.... PrimeVibed off and on several days.... Badass guitar.... Have had the PV on the Lester for several days... Yeah buddy...

I may sell my some of my guitars because of that particular Skrat...it is that good.... Will keep the Hwy 1 though....and the gold bullion....and there's the CAR Skrat.......and ther.... Oh hell I ain't selling shit.... Who am I fooling....

I know the personalities of each of my guitars/basses.... Most like old friends/family... I do have a couple of second cousin guitars that better keep acting right as we ain't super close....

Just like Lesters and Teles, there are some damn good Skrats....and there are also a few Holy Shits... I got lucky and ran up on one for a good deal.... Package deal, like getting a free wine red gloss Lester w/ hard case.... I woulda paid the same for just the Skrat....now that I've PV'd and played it a good bit...

We're all nuts about guitars/basses...... We are not salvageable...... We're like the fat kid at the fair smelling the funnel cakes... The chub butt sugar addicts at Starbucks getting the first of several daily Double Beetus Lattes..... or Doughnut Darla driving by when the red Hot Now light turns on at Krispy Kreme... We are all rurnt... too far gone.....

Good thing the Mule is here.... We can all support each other with our affliction...

:cool2: