I was living a Lie!! Marshall Micro Stack fooled me....

mr. rj

Reaction score
Just thought I would post today's purchase, Marshall Micro Stacks. For 20 years I always thought these were just novelty items or to have as decoration. I obviously knew they can be played, but I thought they were smaller with 8in drivers, maybe because they look small in pictures. But they have 10's and are pretty sweet sounding. I don't have alot of space so never considered a full or half stack. But putting them together is a half stack. Now I can A/B a wet/dry signal. Its hard to see the cross brace, but in pictures they show up easily, I may have to mod these to remove them, then again maybe not. The one on the left is from 1999 and the other is from 2006. I like the 06' better, even tho its MG

Attachments

Last edited:

elephantrider

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes!! they're awesome little stacks. I have a lead 15 and a zak wylde sig version.

mr. rj

Reaction score
yes!! they're awesome little stacks. I have a lead 15 and a zak wylde sig version.
did you buy yours new? Just curious what these were going for back when they were made. I got the Lead 15 (1999) for $200us and the MG15MSII (2006) for $400.

elephantrider

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh man.. I've had those for years. I believe I paid $150 for the lead 15 and traded a line 6 spyder 2x12 combo set up at a pawn shop for the Wylde model. maybe 6 - 8 years ago..?

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I been after some for a while, look great. Every time i see some they are advertised with other kit i don't want or miles away and collection only.

e.g.https://reverb.com/uk/item/41111428-marshall-c5-h-class-5-5w-tube-guitar-head-with-mhz112a-cabinet

rich85

Reaction score
Now you need to get some Greenbacks and V Types in there!

But yes, the Marshall MG has a great classic rock sound.

I mean listen to this damn thing through old Greenbacks.

kysrsoze

Reaction score
Congrats! I love these little amps. I have one of the mid-90’s versions, but swapped the speakers for a pair of Celestion G10 Vintage and replaced the head with a DSL1HR. It sounds phenomenal at 1W cranked - just love it.

I don’t know why Marshall doesn’t build matching flat and slant cabs for that head. It’s not like there’s no demand for them - perfect size, sound and volume for home use.

36DC4AEA-2C68-4C55-9FA8-C8623DD73457.jpeg

Last edited:

mr. rj

Reaction score
Congrats! I love these little amps. I have one of the mid-90’s versions, but swapped the speakers for a pair of Celestion G10 Vintage and replaced the head with a DSL1HR. It sounds phenomenal at 1W cranked - just love it.

I don’t know why Marshall doesn’t build matching flat and slant cabs for that head. It’s not like there’s no demand for them - perfect size, sound and volume for home use.

View attachment 552210
Cool!, .I've been keeping an eye out for the DSL 1's. I have an extra 12" celestion and placed it on the outer face of the cab and looks like it might be able to fit. Do you know if anyone has ever put 12's in the 10 cab?, I know it would be pretty tight fit if they did.

jbash

Reaction score
I've owned a lot of Marshall amps, including some that would go for stupid $ these days.

My red Lead 12 stack was one of my faves. I gave it away along with a Charvel M7 in the early 1990s to a buddies little brother who was interested in learning. They are fun, good sounding amps with proper speakers. The Rev used to record with them , so...

Last edited:

mr. rj

Reaction score
I've owned a lot of Marshall amps, including some that would go for stupid $ these days.

My red Lead 12 stack was one of my faves. I gave it away along with a Charvel M7 in the early 1990s to a buddies little brother who was interested in learning. They are fun, good sounding amps with proper speakers. The Rev used to record with them , so...
Cool....after playing for many years myself, I've never had a marshall until these little guys. Wasn't until recently I found out the rev uses them also, neat fact. Too bad his partner had to go, well we all go sometime, rip dusty. My first half stack was a crate blue voodoo 120, I actually liked it despite it's negative reviews. Anyhow, I was wondering if 12's would go into these 10 cabs and decided to experiment myself. It does work, but with the proper speaker, I'm sure it would be great. For now I just used one of my extra speakers, a 12" celestion seventy 80 and now its somewhat better for cleans, but the stock 10's speakers sound better when adding gain. To my ears anyway. The amps have 2 cab outputs for 16 ohm's each, but also accept 8 ohms. I didn't try the combo yet, because I wanted to ask here first. Can I mis-match the cabs into the amp? meaning connect one output for the 8ohm celestion and the other output for the stock 16 ohm marshall?

Attachments

Last edited:

rich85

Reaction score

View attachment 552210
Damn. The DSL 1 watt head is so good. They really should put it with those speakers as a full stack. I really want to go find an MG stack now.....

Ed R.

Reaction score

View attachment 552210
How did you address the one 16 ohm head input to run both cabs? Please excuse my ignorance if this is easy. Thanks.

zdoggie

Reaction score
yeah It seems that every thing has it place in a mans music cave , I did my stint with marshalls a long time ago
not say ing anything bad all amps have their issues ,I was looking for a different tone and setteled with fuchs amps
with them you get the family support I've had very little trouble with my fuchs equipment and I 'm happy

zdog

Latest Threads