I was all set to ditch Comcast/Xfinity for a fiber optic alternative until ...

electric head

Just passing thru
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
No you dont. YouTubeTV has an unlimited DVR, i just put everything I want to watch on there in my library and i just pull up the list of stuff instead of channels. I have YoutubeTV for live sports and the whatever cheesy unwatchable reality crap the ol lady likes. And I'm in an area that antenna just isnt a workable option for the local affiliates, I just do not have line of sight to the towers. I'm in a valley in between 2 mountain ridges to the north and south that block them. I'm paying $50mo for fiber internet, $65mo for YoutubeTV and whatever shekels i decide to spend on XYZ streaming services this month. I'm easily saving over $100mo from the reaming AT&T was giving me for satellite service. Want HBO, here ya go, 1st month free but you have a contract for the next 23 months. No thanks. When I decided to pull the dish off the roof, I looked into the local cable provider (Cox). The savings were modest at best, and the fine print reveals you have to pony up extra $ for every TV in the house. Plus theres just WAY more stuff to watch online. Live sports is kinda the deal breaker, its hard to get without a subscription service, but most anything else is available for free. There are literally thousands of apps with millions of hours of 100% free content out there, it would take dozens if lifetimes to watch it all. Unless broadband internet is unattainable for your location, theres no reason to pay those vultures at the cable company what they ask for
That's fine if you know what you want to watch but on a typical evening when I sit down to watch TV I do not have a clue so thus I was left to scrolling through the guide,which is a pain even after I eliminated about 30 useless channels.Youtube Tv is also regional so I was in the Baltimore region which means no Washington football.....Just didn't work for me...

littlebadboy

Reaction score
I recently switched from AT&T internet to T-mobile's Home Internet 5G and it is fast! Locked in at $50 a month, plus $120 for 4 celfone lines which comes with free Netflix (added a few bucks for 4K streaming), we are saving a lot!

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Yeah but AT&T has Milana.
1656861102685.png

WaywerdSon

Reaction score
That's fine if you know what you want to watch but on a typical evening when I sit down to watch TV I do not have a clue so thus I was left to scrolling through the guide,which is a pain even after I eliminated about 30 useless channels.Youtube Tv is also regional so I was in the Baltimore region which means no Washington football.....Just didn't work for me...
For football, you will get whatever game the local affiliate has assigned to them. Thats gonna be the same regardless of what service/cable co/satellite co you use. The only way around it is Sunday Ticket (which is virtually impossible to get without paying for DirecTV unless you have a college student handy) or illegal streaming services. The NFL has that stuff pretty locked down on legal sources.

As far as the guide thing goes, my wife is kinda the same way. She just doesnt grasp that you dont have to tune in when it broadcasts anymore. Its matter of changing how you look at television. Its a different mindset, and for those of us that grew up with the TV guide from the Sunday paper and had to be watching at that exact time or you'd miss it, its really a weird way to do it at first. If you look at each channel on YoutubeTV, it gives you a list of everything thats on that channel. I just select anything im interested in and add it to library. Then I can scroll through my library and watch whatever sounds good at the time, live sports included. I automatically record everything NHL or NFL so I can pause, rewind, do whatever, even while I'm watching live

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loving this 350/11 Mbps interwebz..... Not missing Dish and CenturyClunk a damn bit....

YoutubeTV is great and doesn't have 200 worthless damn channels like Dish...
Pluto, and umpteen other free tv apps along with my paid streamers give us more than enough stuff to watch.....

No buffering! Hell yeah!

And that rat bastid Steve has earned yet another year OFF my damn Crimmus list for chunking sturgeons at that glorious perfection that is Lily the AT&T girl... Damn...

Latest Threads