I want to see your beat up Les Pauls. Not artificially aged Les Paul.

bigwhitecloud

Reaction score
Kind of want to see what modern Les Pauls look like when they’re played and not babied . I’m always trying to fix something, but I think I’m at the point that I don’t care anymore. It’s an instrument.

grimmchaos

Reaction score
Does an '87 count? It's right on the edge of Norlin/Henry era but it's also been rode hard and put away wet in it's lifetime...

S7mPxqu.jpg

bigwhitecloud

Reaction score
Does an '87 count? It's right on the edge of Norlin/Henry era but it's also been rode hard and put away wet in it's lifetime...

S7mPxqu.jpg
Sure does! Pretty much anything that isn’t like a Murphy lab. I’ve been trying to wrap my head around how someone could keep a guitar pristine when playing it everyday. I can’t even look at my guitars without damaging them. I gave up and should be focus more on making music, and naturally beat up guitars are really starting to grow on me, more so than shiny flawless Les Pauls.

craigeymac

Reaction score
forum 4.jpg

les.jpg

forum 4.jpg
les.jpg
black beauty.jpg

bb back.jpg

bb neck.jpg

Here's mine.

The first one I recently sold and is a 1995 Les Paul Custom, lacquer checks all over it, looked amazing.

Secondly is my 1987 Les Paul Custom, this thing was white once! The hardware has all tarnished and looks almost chrome and the colour really aint white anymore, the bridge was actually recently replaced after a refret and the tech noticed it was sagging badly so i need to wear a new one in again lol

Lastly is my 1980 Les Paul Custom, this was an under the bed job when i got it 5 years ago, it really was mint. I play it all the time and my belt has taken the finish off the back of the body and my thumb ring has taken the finish off th neck.

I get guys ask me "shouldn't you remove your ring if it does that"

Why should i its MINE! :-D

bigwhitecloud

Reaction score
Nice. More… I said, More!
Haha

I think I’m going to be even more careless about my guitars

grumphh_the_banned_one

Reaction score

grimmchaos

Reaction score
Sure does! Pretty much anything that isn’t like a Murphy lab. I’ve been trying to wrap my head around how someone could keep a guitar pristine when playing it everyday. I can’t even look at my guitars without damaging them. I gave up and should be focus more on making music, and naturally beat up guitars are really starting to grow on me, more so than shiny flawless Les Pauls.

It reeked of cigarette smoke when I got it, hence the very orange binding. The frets were low as well. I scrubbed it with Virtuoso cleaner to get the worst of the stench off then had it refretted with stainless jumbo frets. It is my #1 now!

Texsunburst59

Reaction score
Sometimes a guitar can get played A LOT and not show the bruises and scars from playing clubs, bars, festivals, private parties, opening acts, etc........

I bought my '80 "Jimmy Wallace" used in '84, and played it on all gigs around the area until the early 90's

I babied the guitar and made sure I put it in it's guitar case between breaks at all gigs. I only had it on the guitar stand if I was changing guitars during a set.

Here's a pic of my JW on stage in '84, and a pic of the case that protected it all those years.

It's obvious the poor case did its job.

50332295722_49184d0655_b.jpg

12224962773_fcd73c5903_b.jpg

50017221813_c1e02223ba_b.jpg

bigwhitecloud

Reaction score
Sometimes a guitar can get played A LOT and not show the bruises and scars from playing clubs, bars, festivals, private parties, opening acts, etc........

I bought my '80 "Jimmy Wallace" used in '84, and played it on all gigs around the area until the early 90's

I babied the guitar and made sure I put it in it's guitar case between breaks at all gigs. I only had it on the guitar stand if I was changing guitars during a set.

Here's a pic of my JW on stage in '84, and a pic of the case that protected it all those years.

It's obvious the poor case did its job.

50332295722_49184d0655_b.jpg

12224962773_fcd73c5903_b.jpg

50017221813_c1e02223ba_b.jpg

i do the same, and no matter what.. I always chip them or ding them. It’s always something stupid.. like putting it back in the case and dropping something on it that I had in shirt pocket…

i just dropped needles nose pliers on my gold top 2 days ago..I think I’m being careful.. and then boom! I do something stupid

Latest Threads