I want a "simple" wah pedal...

Mockbel

Reaction score
Hi guys

I want to get a separate wah pedal as I am not satisfied with the build-in wah on my GT8.. I used to have a CryBaby 535Q.. by reviews, it is one of the best Dunlop wah pedals but I didn't like the one I had and I felt it is too complicated for what I need... I realized that I had set it to one setting which I used to use all the time.. ended up selling it..

I need a real simple/good wah pedal.. I will have the option to buy from Amazon and get the pedal delivered to Egypt with a relative coming from the US soon so I have mostly all options to choose from.. I came across Dunlop CryBaby and CryBaby Classic.. the VOX seems to be good too.. other options plz.. i dont want to go above $100

Thanks

BanditPanda

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't check out the price but here's one man's review & opinion"

Vortex

Reaction score
I use the mini Cry Baby which is $100 new.

Benjammin

Reaction score
I like the Crybaby Classic and the Jimi Hendrix Signature model

Guitaraxe

Reaction score
Any basic Dunlop crybaby or Vox should do the trick.

Mockbel

Reaction score
The absence of on/off switch on the Morley is interesting.. but for me it is way less popular than the Dunlop.. It has many variations too... I think I will stick to Guitaraxe advise, back to basics.. a simple CryBaby or VOX.. Which one you suggest? :D

BanditPanda

Reaction score
The absence of on/off switch on the Morley is interesting.. but for me it is way less popular than the Dunlop.. It has many variations too... I think I will stick to Guitaraxe advise, back to basics.. a simple CryBaby or VOX.. Which one you suggest? :D

I suggest the George Lynch Morley 2 because it has a dragon on it :dude: !!!

freak

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a vox. I found it to be a tone sucker.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Funny enough, I was gonna recommend the 535Q!
I own a "4 settings" one with boost. No variable option.

The search for the perfect wah is no easy task.
Different sweeps / tone variations will make it or break it depending on the player.
If you can remember which of the settings you were using on the 535Q
that would help you get the one that suits you.
Classic Rock type? Metal?

Good luck!

Mockbel

Reaction score
Funny enough, I was gonna recommend the 535Q!
I own a "4 settings" one with boost. No variable option.

The search for the perfect wah is no easy task.
Different sweeps / tone variations will make it or break it depending on the player.
If you can remember which of the settings you were using on the 535Q
that would help you get the one that suits you.
Classic Rock type? Metal?

Good luck!
I have Laney IRT which is a high gain amp.. I play different styles but when it comes to gain stuff I play heavy metal mostly

Mockbel

Reaction score
I watched a couple of CryBaby and CryBaby Classic comparison videos.. I felt that original CryBaby more natural sounding. The Classic sounded more electronic to me.. anyone else shares this feeling with me?

Rhust

Reaction score
I had a Morley, a vox and a couple original cry baby before settling on the 535q, but really, for simplicity, the Morley is tough to beat.. I only ditched it because I was into the cocked-wah sound for a while, and if you want to do that with the Morley, you have to hold it manually.. but really, the classic crybaby, or the mini is tough to beat, and is what almost everyone you've heard started with

MUSTANGCAT

Reaction score
Dunlop has one for around $170 or so called the Custom Audio Electronics (CEA) MC - 404 Dual Inductor Wah. It comes with a cool booster also. You can adjust the "Q" internally to your liking. I left mine at factory setting because I feel they got it right at the plant. Look up videos on youtube of this pedal and see if you like it. It comes with both a yellow and red Fasel inductors.

MUSTANGCAT

Reaction score
I got a Morley NSW wah which is from 1998 which works excellent. I also have a beat up Morley Classic which still works pretty damn good. Morley makes great stuff which lasts a long time.

Eric R

Reaction score
I wanted the same thing, but i needed that over the top way quack. strangly I ended up with the Zakk Wylde wah.
Got to use it 8 years ago at a friends house. And after years of buying and selling Wah pedals, I ended up buying the ZW and the search ended right there.

ARandall

Reaction score
Typically the wah's with adjustability are mainly there so you can find that 1 perfect setting for you and your rig and leave it there.
Out of the box the area 51 is good for my playing.

Latest Threads