I want a nickel bridge for my Les Paul.

BornToLooze

Reaction score
My pickups have nickel covers, so they look weird with the chrome bridge. I've tried looking it up, but all the talk about bridges I've found is about trying to get a better tone or making it more vintage correct. I don't care about any of that, I like how my guitar sounds as it is.

So what are my options for a bridge?

This is the guitar it's going on.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Gibsons have many options for a new bridge. Faber, TonePros, Gotoh, Creamtone and Philadelphia Luthier have some just to name a few common brands used.

The important part is to measure the center to center distance between your posts and also your post diameters to choose a bridge that fits correctly. If your bridge are in bushings there are also conversion posts available if you really want a certain bridge and it's not the right fit for your stock posts.

BornToLooze

Reaction score
I was thinking about the Creamtone bridge because I was going to get a new guard and pickup rings too, I just didn't know if it would change the sound much because it converts it to an ABR.

Elmore

Reaction score
Great looking Les Paul. You could also get a nickel tail piece, if it is chrome. My opinion is that none of it will change the tone much, unless you change the posts.

Reaction score
In a similar boat as you man. I installed the Faber ABRN with iNerts for my bridge, currently weighing out a few options for the tailpiece while I wait for my next payday. My guitar's in the middle of a total overhaul so can't speak on sounds yet. I've noticed the ABRN sits a little wiggly on the posts but read somewhere that a little aluminum foil might tighten it up if string pressure alone doesn't do the trick. They also have a locking option. Philadelphia Luthier have a lot of options for tails, so if you want to keep your metal the same but just change to nickel I'd look there. I'm gonna get one in case whatever lightweight option I end up going for ends up not being my bag sonicly.

Happy hunting!

Also, that Joe Walsh shot sums up exactly why Joe Walsh is gift to humanity without tearing out the walls (sound or rock star antics wise). Well done, sir!

Pollock Poner

Reaction score
My 2015 studio has brushed nickel PUP covers, bridge, and tail piece. It was standard issue on that year and model. Look up the specs on the Gibson site and they might have part number or names to narrow your search.

I swapped out the robots for polished nickel. Then went crazy with a star poker chip, star truss rod cover, and star tuner peg washers. I'm contemplating a nickel (brushed) pickguard..

Bottom line is beauty is subjective as long as it plays solid.

Last edited: