I Unhate JB

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Reaction score
Hey, Joe B! If you read this, I have your Orange Bluefire amp and I want something different.. wanna buy it back, or trade me a guitar for it? PM me. I’m serious.. I could really use a tele.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Life is too short to get caught up in all this negativity. That f'ing guy can play. That said, I don't own any of his material, but I used to hear him all the time on XMserius and was always impressed with his abilities. I probably lean a little harder (Alterbridge, 5FDP, Slash and Myles, etc.), but I'd give my left nut to play like Joe.

PeteK

Reaction score
When it comes to guitar there's only one Joe.

Joe Satch.
I can't think of a better guitar player that I'd like to hear less than Joe Satriani. Now that I think of it, maybe this is what people experience with Joe B? It's like Satch does absolutely nothing for me. I hear the notes and it sounds technically good, but there is zero Satch I need to hear again. :dunno:

judson

Reaction score
first time i every heard JoeB play was right after Gary Moore passed....

someone sent me a video of him playing Midnight Blues...before the first note i thought....this poser is prolly gonna suck

so next 30 seconds went to ....dam im pleasantly surprised this guy can play.....:wow:

if i had the choice i would rather sit in Nerdville and have him talk all day long while showing me his gear than to listen to him play...guy is a walking encyclopedia of gear knowledge, i have clicked every video i can find of him talking 1 minute or over an hour....and he has a great sense of humor actually if you catch some of his side remarks....

joe has the addiction most of us have as well.

no knock on his playing whatsoever....his gear knowledge is steven hawking level...crazy smart

defcrew

Reaction score
first time i every heard JoeB play was right after Gary Moore passed....

someone sent me a video of him playing Midnight Blues...before the first note i thought....this poser is prolly gonna suck

so next 30 seconds went to ....dam im pleasantly surprised this guy can play.....:wow:

if i had the choice i would rather sit in Nerdville and have him talk all day long while showing me his gear than to listen to him play...guy is a walking encyclopedia of gear knowledge, i have clicked every video i can find of him talking 1 minute or over an hour....and he has a great sense of humor actually if you catch some of his side remarks....

joe has the addiction most of us have as well.

no knock on his playing whatsoever....his gear knowledge is steven hawking level...crazy smart
He really is a likable seeming guy. Self deprecating. He's probably the best guitarist in a style that has been done to death. He's found a market niche and filled it and I suspect he sees it the same way. His acumen in making a success of himself is impressive and I'm glad there are people that still appreciate that style even if it is a little tired. He's worked his butt off. Oddly enough, I saw a clip of him playign w Robben Ford--who I think is out of thsi world good--playing some staright 12 bar blues and JB really sounded better at it.