I Unhate JB

Bigfoot410

Premium Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of his music as he's too good, too clean. One of the best guitarist technically. Just sterile to my ears. Kinda like Joey Dego. (attempt to read Joey's posts again. Miss his shit)

Anyhow, JB is able to afford and enjoy the thing about vintage guitars I think we all dream/dreamt about growing up playing in the mirror with our cheapass axe's we could afford as kids at the time.

His fame has afforded him the chance to live a guitarists ultimate dreams. I love the fact that he knows and learned what is important about the guitars we all grew up loving.

He is a true guitar and amp geek and for that I love to watch these videos. Aside from all my guitar heroes, I think he's the only one who really gets the impact that certain sounds and guitars have on us and is in the wonderful position to own and experience this himself. I'm truly glad all these amazing guitars and amps ended up in his care and he is knowledgeable enough to know why they are important. Kudos to JB.

Attachments

Olds442

Reaction score
heard his music a few times, saw a few videos, and don't see any reason for any hate.

just a dude doing what he loves. i should check out more of his stuff, i've been in a listening rut lately.

meatball

Reaction score
I saw. J B three months ago ... He is technically a great guitar player ,, I just didnt like his set choices .. All deep blues .. I wanted to hear some hits , NONE ,,, Got none so that was a turn off to me ,, but the guy is a phenom on a Les Paul ,, one of todays greats I must say

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
I don't understand the hate against him.
He brings the best sought after guitars to the show
and permits thousands of people to hear them plugged in equally
sought after amps. Just for that, he should be "un-hated"

And he can play. Like his style or not, he's a great player.
I didn't know of him for a long time but when I heard him
with Beth Hart, I had a "fell on my ass".

To the haters, try to play this song.
(he clams at 5:22 showing he's human after all (lol)
but 5:28 to 5:38 will make your jaw drop!)

lpfan1980

Reaction score
I agree good player can be a good guy he got under my skin with his hoarding of tweeds and stuff.Honestly JB how many do you need? I agree with him that you dont need 8 billion pedals to play guitar.

MooCheng

Reaction score
after wading through a number of JB's vid's I'd like to say I like his playing but its like "painting by numbers " comes across, to me anyway, as very formulaic. Maybe he could offer a lot more if he took the starch out his under crackers and strived less for the perfect show.

I do think he is a genuinely nice guy with immense talent and can think of no better hands these wonderful old instruments could be in.........its just the missing thing, I carn't stand his feckin playing

electric head

Just passing thru
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the video with Beth Hart I thought at one point she was going to break into Elaine's dance for some reason...

hell of a guitar player though..