I thought some of you might like to see this

Phylodog

Reaction score
I was at an event last night and there were a dozen guitars on display including this one. It's Les Paul's original black beauty, a 1954 model which has been modified and modified again by Mr. Paul and his luthier. I was told that Les gave it to his luthier who later sold it but I'm sure we have members here who would know if that is accurate. Either way, it was really cool to be able to see it up close. I probably could have played it had I wanted to ask but I decided not to.

beerbelly

Reaction score
I find it interesting that people often cringe at modifying LPs, when Les was the king of modifiers. Thanks for the photos.

jbash

Reaction score
I love Les Paul. I love his legacy. I love that he gave us this wonderful instrument. I love his music. I love what he did for audio engineering/recording.

I'm very happy that he did not continue to have a major impact upon the guitar's design at Gibson after the initial product. :D

Juan Wayne

Reaction score
You're good at thoughting. I love seeing Les' own oddballs.

bum

Reaction score
I love every single thing about that guitar, what a beast

brianbzed

Reaction score
I was at an event last night and there were a dozen guitars on display including this one. It's Les Paul's original black beauty, a 1954 model which has been modified and modified again by Mr. Paul and his luthier. I was told that Les gave it to his luthier who later sold it but I'm sure we have members here who would know if that is accurate. Either way, it was really cool to be able to see it up close. I probably could have played it had I wanted to ask but I decided not to.

Very cool, in a weird kind of way....I'll bet it sounds incredible!

Latest Threads