I shot myself in the foot (figuratively speaking)...here's some Standard 50's pics to accompany the events that transpired this evening...

mr. rj

Reaction score
So today, I was browsing my local buy sell ads in kijiji, I saw this beautiful 2013 LP Standard cherry burst with an above standard flame top. I check the ads regularly to see whats out there, even if I don't have money on that particular day, I still look daily for fun. So the guitar for sale was beautiful as mentioned and I sometimes ask dumb questions because you just never know!...I asked if he would trade for my 2019 standard 50's with a new boss katana 50 amp with tag still on it. I told him my guitar is mint. His asking price was $2750 cdn (2200us), his reply was a simple 'nope'. I then said well at least I tried...lol, I further told him that I'm going to list my guitar and if mine sells before yours, I'll buy yours and if you sell yours first I'm keeping mine. Following that msg, I proceeded to take picutures of mine, I was even going to throw in some extra's to ensure a swift sale that included a new mini gibson, new gibby hat, shir,t les paul pens, pickup and their choice of a hardshell or softshell case....So after I take the pictures, I check kijiji again and he sent me a msg saying "I'm actually thinking of taking the ad down, because my dad will kill me...", I checked the ad again, and indeed he took it down after I disclosed my plans for buying his!...lol So I told him good choice, keep it, it will be worth more down the road and in fact is worth more than what he was asking. So after that, I wasn't so bummed out, because after looking at my pictures, i can't believe I was willing to trade it away...happy ending after all! ....here are the ill fated pictures that never made it to kijiji...glad she's staying home, i hope to not betray her again, sorry babe...

No go sale pic.jpg

no go sale pic 2.jpg

standard 50s  2.jpg
Standard 50's  1.jpg
standard 50s  4.jpg
standard 50s  3.jpg

AJK1

Reaction score
So today, I was browsing my local buy sell ads in kijiji, I saw this beautiful 2013 LP Standard cherry burst with an above standard flame top. I check the ads regularly to see whats out there, even if I don't have money on that particular day, I still look daily for fun. So the guitar for sale was beautiful as mentioned and I sometimes ask dumb questions because you just never know!...I asked if he would trade for my 2019 standard 50's with a new boss katana 50 amp with tag still on it. I told him my guitar is mint. His asking price was $2750 cdn (2200us), his reply was a simple 'nope'. I then said well at least I tried...lol, I further told him that I'm going to list my guitar and if mine sells before yours, I'll buy yours and if you sell yours first I'm keeping mine. Following that msg, I proceeded to take picutures of mine, I was even going to throw in some extra's to ensure a swift sale that included a new mini gibson, new gibby hat, shir,t les paul pens, pickup and their choice of a hardshell or softshell case....So after I take the pictures, I check kijiji again and he sent me a msg saying "I'm actually thinking of taking the ad down, because my dad will kill me...", I checked the ad again, and indeed he took it down after I disclosed my plans for buying his!...lol So I told him good choice, keep it, it will be worth more down the road and in fact is worth more than what he was asking. So after that, I wasn't so bummed out, because after looking at my pictures, i can't believe I was willing to trade it away...happy ending after all! ....here are the ill fated pictures that never made it to kijiji...glad she's staying home, i hope to not betray her again, sorry babe...

View attachment 586355

View attachment 586356

View attachment 586357 View attachment 586358 View attachment 586359 View attachment 586360
It’s good that you’ve kept the sticker on the pickguard

Central Scrutinizer

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you kept her. She’s a beauty!
Seller/Traders remorse is something that sticks around a long time.

Sold my first good guitar that I had put on layaway, then scrimped and saved to pay off, an Ibanez
Flying V around 1978. Sold her when I went in to the military in 1980. While not my style of guitar nowadays, still would not mind having another one.

Play your 50’s Standard in good health. May it be a long marriage.

My 2019 50’s Standard with ThroBak pickups with magnet flip Peter Green Mod.

BAFBBD93-7178-43EA-A4BC-2F91C1BE3DCB.jpeg

Last edited:

mr. rj

Reaction score
It’s good that you’ve kept the sticker on the pickguard
yeah, I like the look also...after watching the video about the last gibby black beauty custom to leave the kalamazoo factory in 84, that one also still had the sticker on almost 40 yesrs later.

mr. rj

Reaction score
Glad you kept her. She’s a beauty!
Seller/Traders remorse is something that sticks around a long time.

Sold my first good guitar that I had put on layaway, then scrimped and saved to pay off, an Ibanez
Flying V around 1978. Sold her when I went in to the military in 1980. While not my style of guitar nowadays, still would not mind having another one.

Play your 50’s Standard in good health. May it be a long marriage.

My 2019 50’s Standard with ThroBak pickups with magnet flip Peter Green Mod.

View attachment 586410
Very nice top for sure! i know what you mean about the guitar remorse. While it has happened many times, one that stands out is selling my first gibby studio ebony, which was only 2 years ago. I sold it with the thought that I know I will get more in the future, which did turn out correct. But now, even though I have some flagship models, I miss my first studio. Somehow I don't think buying the exact model will fill that void.

Brazilnut

Reaction score
You guys are all nuts. Its just wood n wire, right? I used mine last week to pound in some tent pegs. No big deal, I'll just run down to Walmart and get another if this one wears out.

Beautiful guitars, boys.

Latest Threads